1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

I'm already pretty satisfied with the driving side of things in AC, so I voted for false starts as I think race features are whats missing the most as of now. So many great things to come though! And nice initiative btw :)

2. sorry, I was hoping you read my edit in time.. it looks like you didn't.
    It was my mistake.. sorry again.

3. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

Brake temps, no doubts it's something needed in a simulator.

wohin_genau likes this.
  4. The "sim" features in the list are interesting but for the next update, I would go for one of the "game" features (starts, custom champs, pitstop strategy, timed race). I've chosen pitstop strategy.

5. The fact that VR leads over most of the other things in this list gives me cancer.

6. VR support for me. I'm waiting with ordering a Rift (or Vive) until AC supports it (and if my wallet allows it at that point)! It was just too good in the DK2.

Also: online lap time stats / world records. Like RSR LiveTiming, but then implemented for everyone in the game.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  7. kunos would probably end up adding brake temps (a bit delicate but if implemented properly is a homerun) and engine stall/false start

Someone forgot about Punctures :) i would add if possible, i think i read it in the first 2 pages or so, some kind of more "advanced" damage but it can waits until next year's "lets play game designer" poll :)

Epistolarius likes this.
  8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You could have made the poll like a us voting machine. Just set vr votes to brake fade it has worked great in their elections and you always get the results you intended. :D

nate and gisen like this.
  9. Daniel84

Daniel84 Gamer

RSR implemented DK2 support some months ago

10. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

deer god
    after eleven pages of pure game design discussion at its best, I came to two conclusions:

one, most of you don't know the difference between a racing game and a racing simulator and never stepped out of your comfort zone of racing against the AI and joined a multiplayer racing league of any simulator to know what's really important and what's just a gimmick. or you want what's just best for you and not for the sim.

two, stephano can try to go full Ian Bell with the ban hammer but he's way more open and a good community listener if you know how to communicate properly with a dev. so good try, lord kunos, but you'll never be that dev. this thread is the proof.

I voted time based races because it's an important feature for multiplayer leagues. next I would vote false starts/engine stall for the same reason.

next we have brake temp simulation and steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments. these two are important to increase the simulation and realism level of AC... as a simulator.

not sure what exactly would be a pit strategy. but we need a good interface to make pit changes before and when entering the pits without taking our hands out of the wheel and quick menu is already a thing for the future update, right?

VR support... Oculus just delivered the first batch of the Rift last week. Vive is still coming and maybe we'll get Sony VR on PC, who knows. can we just give Kunos some time to focus on other more urgent areas of the game while the dust of VR still settles? come on. a lot of sim racers has triple screens setups anyway, some still need to upgrade their VGAs to run a VR and some can't even run the game in its current state with full graphics.

I won't even comment about sparks/flashing lights... and as for custom championships, join a multiplayer league! there're aliens out there, but you'll find people with the same pace as you on the track. and you'll race against your worst adversary: yourself. learn to manage pressure, to be consistent, to physically endure a 45 min race while committing less and less mistakes. it's another level of racing. it's what simulation is supposed to be.

my message to Kunos is, you guys are doing an amazing job. the console release might be asking to tailor the game to appeal to a broader audience. but don't. but don't try to please everyone because it's just not possible, especially with limited resources and time. find your own tune. talk and listen more to racing communities, see what they need and what AC is missing for them to embrace the sim as the main platform and not a just for fun choice.

sorry for the wall of text. hope it help to shed some light to everyone.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    Kalamede and After_Midnight like this.
  11. I know, but I meant the RSR stuff separately. Currently the DK2 doesn't work in AC for me anymore as I'm on Windows 10 and the new SDK's aren't supported. It doesn't matter, because I'm waiting for the consumer version now anyway.

Daniel84 likes this.
  12. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Nah nevermind ...

13. xNikodemusx

xNikodemusx Rookie

I picked VR for purely selfish reasons. Got one on order and would absolutely love the extra immersion in AC. :D

|eXtv| Lucky Luke likes this.
  14. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

I read that this happened because pcars uses steamworks stuff for MP, and therefore the oculus store version can't play with that. Really bad situation to end up in, but yeah.

Either way oculus have been making a lot of dumb moves causing my uber hype to deflate to the point I'm willing to pay an extra £200 for a vive and let the hand controllers sit in their plastic wrap (assuming ac supports vive of course)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Anthony1216 likes this.
  15. Philm

Philm Gamer

My firts : position adjustment, orientation, FOV on all views by car with save

Thx ;-)

16. wow I am so out of the loop with this.. so much political bull**** going on.
    I really hope Oculus doesn't have any anti-Steam policy in general or they can forget to see their stuff supported in AC.

17. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Its because pcars uses the VAC system from steam, because oculus cant use valve anti-cheat it messes everything up.

That whole open vr thing was likely a better route to go for them . You wouldnt have an issue but sucks for them.

18. s2173

s2173 Gamer

Besides engine stall/false starts (which is mostly about immersion), another maybe more important thing are rolling starts. Also pit strategy I guess. Its not really my thing, but it would really boost the game's popularity for organised league racing, especially since AC has alot of endurance/gt3 content. Rolling starts might also help abit with pub racing t1 chaos...

It sounds like quite hard thing to do tho - pace car, rules, order keeping...

Epistolarius likes this.
  19. capetuso

capetuso Gamer

I think it's not oculus policy it's the way pcars handles multiplayer. Elite Dangerous seems to be working OK.

nargorn, polarize and ears1991 like this.
  20. Daniel84

Daniel84 Gamer

But the steam version works with the CV1 / SDK1.3 since today (don't know anything about the oculus home pcars version regarding MP though)