1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel84

Daniel84 Gamer

Playing the AC Game Designer my top priorities would be:
    - VR Support
    - multiplayer service like iracing has

Since the second choice is not a possible option atm I voted VR Support.

Disclaimer: I never joined or plan to join the mysterious VR Mafia forcing Sim Developers all over the world to implement stuff they don't want / like / care / whatever

For me it's just the most immersive feature around to get the feeling to sit and race in a real car, direct after wheels + pedals
    Sold my tripples and could never go back to screens for simracing

2. Jaye

Jaye Alien

aehm sir... so... aeh... wait... what the... cumunity???????? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

3. nanucq

nanucq Racer

Brakes temp would be my choice, personnal taste to complete the physical link between tyres and tarmac.

wohin_genau likes this.
  4. I can confirm Reddit got on this and now ppl are registering to vote for the VR. Vote is clearly rigged, regardless, I'll accept the result of it.. considering the crappy stuff I'll be forced to work on in the following weeks, working on VR will still be an improvement over it:p

5. Animal Ed

Animal Ed Simracer

As a "lead game designer" I would go for VR support.

But as a customer (majority of answers here are from that point of view so no reason to spoil the party) I would go for any of physics things not implemented (I hope) yet like brake, water, oil temperatures ...

TDS and ears1991 like this.
  6. capetuso

capetuso Gamer

Oh dear and beloved lord Kunos, God of the simracing.
    Once I have seen the light of the truth in the VR my sinful human being can not vote for another option.
    I'll pray in advance for VR to win the poll.

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk

ThelloD and ears1991 like this.
  7. Mr. Bushido

Mr. Bushido Rookie

Disclaimer: I'm not a customer

I will be if you add VR Support for the HTC Vive.

8. Ferdi

Ferdi Hardcore Simmer

I don't think VR support should be ignored, but I don't think it should be seen as the highest priority either. That 1 option might be the highest chosen as of right now, but it's still the minority compared to all the other votes cast.

There are several other things that could make this game a lot better for the entire community, not just a small part of it.

Epistolarius, TDS and ears1991 like this.
  9. iVG

iVG Alien

I do not understand all this VR mob/mafia thing. Of course VR is coming and it's most probably one of the top priorities of Kunos. Why push it even further. To me, the option is redundant in this poll. Everybody would love all VR to be 100% supported and 0 bugs and stuff and game dev heaven and dreamland etc... We all know how that goes..

If I could vote again, I'd go for engine temp/radiator stuff and engine stall. Those 3. All of them will inject more sim into the sim. People say hardcore simmers are gonna complain if brake simulation is not 100% accurate? Did we ditch AC when Kunos updated tyre model so many times? NO. Did we moan about how unrealistic tyre temps were (looking at you tyre model 5 semi-slicks) ? NO. Did the 'hardcores' move on to another sim just because tyre model wasn't/isn't perfect? NO. We stick here and we're happy that we have what we have today! Is it perfect? NO. Will it ever be? Perhaps.. when we have 1000x the CPU power.

The hardcore simmers (myself included) in their majority aren't cry babies. We understand. We are patient and we work with what we've got, like real racing drivers. Fastest are always going fastest regardless. A simplified brake temp model will be most welcome. We will gather, race, test, raise the issues that we think are the most crucial and wait for the next patch. We won't 'fix nao plz kunos low bobs'. Whoever did, will do again, regardless of what Kunos chooses to develop, it's a human nature.

Saying a new feature has to be perfect at initial release is immature. Just look at tyre model evolution in general for the past 15 years? Was it perfect in 2001? NO. Is it perfect now? No. Are we close to reality? YES!

10. Nao

Nao Alien

I'm torn between Brake temp simulation and Custom championships voted the former, but i believe the latter might be a "better than it looks on surface" feature for myself and the sim in general.

11. gisen

gisen Gamer

I voted for VR. It's vital to keep AC at the top level of simulators -it makes such an improvement it feels like not supporting steering wheels!
    SteamVR vr support rather than rift, that way it's done and all headsets current and future are supported.

12. Kalamede

Kalamede Racer

voted for False starts/Engine stall but i thumbs up for extras like a setup "delete" button and a server "add to favorite" button:D

13. There are some great weather mods including great looking clouds and sky, look in the modding section, sorry for OT

Sent using Tapatalk

Kalamede likes this.
  14. TTM

TTM Alien

I asked/hoped support to this because point to point and drag racing are included to game from the beginning and if they are also included to console version they "needed" to be 100% working. But life is full of different requests and priorities and i'm happy that those games modes even exist on AC. :)

TDS likes this.
  15. Kactus

Kactus Rookie

Bought the game back in 2013. Can not wait to play this with my G27 and HTC Vive :D

It is just a shame I have to wait til May for mine to ship

16. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Quick, someone wake up the engine stall mafia!

17. Kactus

Kactus Rookie

Bought the game back in 2013. Can not wait to play this with my G27 and HTC Vive :D

It is just a shame I have to wait til May for mine to ship

JO_DA_W.E.I.R.D. and gisen like this.
  18. speeddrifter

speeddrifter Hardcore Simmer

Poll will close at 9th April. So plenty of time to get the engine stall favoured.

19. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

Nowhere is written that a VR user couldn't be an hardcore simmer.
    I'm maybe not the hardest core simmer, but surely not a 'softcore'. Take a look at my signature, the link in the last line. I just dropped my triple screen setup for a more immersive experience where I can more enjoy the Simulator (with capitol 'S')
    I'd like to have ALL of the 9 other voices, starting from the brakes one.

20. Anthony1216

Anthony1216 Rookie

I voted for VR support, and i hope Vive is to be the first VR headset for the dev to work on, since what i heard about Pcars on oculus rift platform can only play with other OC users.