1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

Yes, most likely something like this. A thing for AC2 then, hopefully.

Anyway, Kunos, great job with 1.5, really love how things are getting better and better, thank you very much for this great sim!

2. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

I'm currently struggling simulating brakes with ISIMotor2. This has a fixed heat input with braking torque, a fixed heat loss per degree of heat difference and a fixed heat loss per degree of heat difference and per vehicle speed.

When you actually look into the real physics you find the specific heat capacity of cast iron varies hugely with temperature, as does its conductivity. You find that heat loss through radiation varies as the 4th power of temperature difference and that convective heatloss in a flow of air isn't directly proportional to the air's velocity. Its very complicated and that's before you get into looking at the heat flow of a brake disc surrounded by a wheel.

People also seem to be confusing fade with wear. Brake pads are changed in endurance races because they wear, not because they fade. In F1 its the wheel which wears and wear is very temperature dependent. I believe the issue in F1 with brake temperatures is more about avoiding catastrophic disc failure through wear rather than brake fade. ISIMotor2 with its roots in EAs F1 sims simulates disc wear rather than pad wear and when your disc reaches a critical thickness there is a probability it will fail.

3. Where is the "return to 1.4" optional? :D

4. MAXCARS

MAXCARS Racer

@Michael Hornbuckle No need to play fun police. Clearly Stefano is looking at where to take AC in their next future update. I'm just playing game designer for the day and trying to help, its all good.

After_Midnight likes this.
  5. Sorry for OT:
    First of all (and please don't take this as an offense) I don't like the thread name "Lets play game designer". It gives me a bad feeling to be taken seriously. Also I don't like sometimes the way the thread is moderated.
    But this my personal opinion not an attack to anybody. And please don't ban me...

I like the idea which might behind it.

To the poll:
    I don't have a favorite of the suggested options except VR stuff (unfortunately I don't own) and the skin pick up thing. Sparks and flashlights are not important for me. Its more a graphical asspect.
    For me as a simracer all these things important in a simracing game. And I don't have an order of importance.
    All these stuff from the poll gives more experience of racing. Just the fact that you are responsible for all these things during a race adds more immersion to the game. You can loose your race already at the start with false start or during the race with wrong driving style or a bad pit stop strategy. Or you're to fast in the pit and get a drive through penalty. Or you driving like the hell and you loose slowly your brakes.

Also I would like the opportunity to add more cars to the tracks. On the Nordschleife it is sometimes lonely also with 32 opponents.

So after all I've chosen the pit stop strategy with the opportunity to force the numbers of pit stops during the race. IMHO it would add the most immersion to the game of all other poll options.

Sorry for the long post

Greets After_Midnight

6. jordicrtes

jordicrtes Rookie

Why is there not a "Good online races with penalties for dirty players" option?

7. so true.

We, the good men of the League Of Justice, the one and only Church Of Simulation Value should have run primary elections before challenging the almighty VR Mafia.. and now look at this.. we're being murdered :p

Seria17hri11er, 3316V, nate and 4 others like this.
  8. Jaye

Jaye Alien

In the end I also voted for VR, because it's in my opinion the future and logical step after triples. I'm already planning to get one later this year, when it's more obvious if Rift or Vive is the better one.

bigbawmcgraw and ears1991 like this.
  9. rauf00

rauf00 Simracer

In the name of triple screen glorious experience - for VR vote you do not!

tqtq, nate, D1visor and 1 other person like this.
  10. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

Voted for false start/engine stall but don't really care, I'm just glad all those features are being considered to be included... someday...

11. I know I know.. simracers are sad lonely individuals.. please try to bear with us trying to actually have some fun.. I'll try to turn down the music a bit so you can go on being sad and grumpy.

12. QuozL

QuozL Rookie

Vr support please for HTC Vive

13. Voted engine stall but i wish for steam workshop

Inviato dal mio Nexus 6 utilizzando Tapatalk

14. Last Activity: 2 minutes ago

Things are much more clear now :D

15. This it was I'm talking about. Seriously for what reason are you making fun about people who shares your opinion with you?

16. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

A true hardcore simracer at its finest. If you are happy you can't be a simracer, simple as that.

I finally voted, for brake temp. Although I'm still not sure if it was a right call. Oh decisions decisions.

VR mafia is going hard in this one. I'd check if they didn't bribe any of KS team members, if I were you Stefano.

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  17. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Hardcore Simmer

Not a hard decision for me: I choose VR support (t's the one feature, that makes me spend much more hours in Assetto Corsa, than in Automobilista and rFactor 2), but it's not the only important thing and i don't need Oculus Rift CV1 support yesterday. But it would be really, really awesome if VR support (with a working user interface, take a look at how it works in Live for Speed) could become a priority for Kunos after the console release. But please add support for the Vive too. Supporting only the Oculus Rift would be like supporting only Logitech wheels or only Nvidia GPUs.

Another feature i'd like to see in the near future: Custom championships. To be honest: I don't like the career mode in Assetto Corsa at all and i think it's the worst part of Assetto Corsa. It feels like something from a Forza or Gran Turismo game.

ears1991 likes this.
  18. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Stefano, in the dev blog it mentioned some kind of cooperation with a brake manufacturer? That wouldn't be Brembo would it?

My personal top 3 from the list would be;

1, engine stall, false start
    2, brake temps
    3, water temps \ radiators

19. honestly I tried to take you seriously but I failed... I like to think you are being sarcastic, call me naive, I still trust humans after so many years of interwebz, how silly of me.

D1visor and tkaczorek69 like this.
  20. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

I am hard core simracer
    brake temps for me

Albert McSaltens and iVG like this.