1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If the deal was sealed the name would have been there :) .. the fact it's not there means the deal is still evolving so we can't say much until it's done.

2. Jaye

Jaye Alien

When you see people freaking out at youtube when using VR with a game like this truck simulator, then I can simple imagine how it will be in AC :rolleyes:

But I missed the birth of this vr mafia jokes it seems :(

3. that means you are not following me on Twitter bad boy.

xystof and Jaye like this.
  4. Pingus

Pingus Simracer

Dare I say "better spatial awereness" would be an interesting thing in the future ? But is it even a "game design thing" ? Or maybe that's something you include in the future obvious improvements you mentionned in your first post ?

Judging from my numerous online races, I'm one of the few using Helicorsa or trying to respect the "racing rules of engagement". I know there's not much you can do about that last part.

5. plaid

plaid Alien

What does flashing lights mean? The headlights quickly goin on and off via one push on a button?

However, I voted for pitstrategies, afterall you can make championships via inis and a mod - btw do pitstops work in the career (with inichanges)? And currently they don't work well offline.

I agree a little with @Brownninja97
    I think AC physics were and are good, there are other areas where it wasn't and isn't so good - while thats the case for most PC sims. Braketemps would introduce something not necessarly welcome for many. While I talk from a (casual) gamer perspective.
    Especially metagameplay and atmosphere is something i miss in PC-sims. Pits, championschips, career and other stuff you need to deal with besides the driving and additional sounds and graphics especially outside the cars, while that would be a topic in a thread from the 3d- and soundartist(s).

Could all help for offline-fans. But can't speak foreveryone.

I need/want a title, too! Hm...Maybe softcore sundaydriver?

Epistolarius and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  6. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

If you had said... False start/ engine stall with starter button
    That choice would be way ahead of the rest by now.
    Auto engine starts are an aggravating thing no matter how quick it happens.
    Let me push the button and take all the time I want.

Albert McSaltens likes this.
  7. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Yeah seems I need to change this immediately or dying dumb some day :D

8. you IQ will go up 1 point the very moment you'll hit "Follow"... true story.

xystof and Jaye like this.
  9. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Sometimes I wonder if people that are furiously jerking it to vive/OR day 1 support actually race in AC at all. What's the point of having a fancy peripheral support over basic game functionality improvements... all it looks like is "I pre ordered an over expensive peripheral and I must be catered to before the rest of the peasants even if it means more important stuff gets to be put on a perpetual backburner". . Don't get me wrong, I'm planning on getting one too but it makes no sense to me that VR support should in any way take precedence over core feature list. xD

Stefano should just follow this mantra -

[​IMG]

10. agreed @Torcano, but at the moment it looks like they are the "many". :)

bondyboy likes this.
  11. Thank you for your statement about me and sorry for my try to talk with you seriously.

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  12. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Unfortunately no, it's a "human design thing". PH (Project HUMANs) turned out to be fiasco.
    The thing is that the "one" is winning, at the moment "many" spread across... many options. ;)

13. LRM

LRM Simracer

I voted for the engine stall and false start, but yea all those features are very welcomed.

@Lord Kunos you can take a look at how LFS manage engine stall, false start management are about the same as your idea ( spec or pit return ), also they are using a very clever system to pull handbrake automatically when the car stop so they don't fall behind when they spawn at the start grid.

Also if you can take a look at the newer trackmania sky system, they almost use the same system as AC, but with more realistic clouds, if you can mimic them it would be a real improvement to the overall look.

Good luck.

14. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

I feel like brake temps is a big trap for AC.

If you do it right dev time needed is near infinite. Not good. With brake heat goes into tyre, performance depends on temps, wear depends on temps, air temps affects cooling, brake duct setup option. All of that needing to be slightly different for each car. Most users hate it because no brakes on most street cars after 2 laps and even most racers hate it cause another crucial thing to setup right that is complicated to work with, imagine...changing brake duct size affects tyre temps..

If you do it simplified you need to live with the inconsistencies and constantly have to explain them, you still get normal users complaining of brakes dying and on top of that the hardcore crowd hates it cause not realistic.

I read F1 is pinnacle and they experience brake fade. Like it's something they have to live with? It is an engineering CHOICE to have the brakes on the limit of failure at the end of a race. If they are not, you could have gone a bit faster with less brake cooling. Engineers tell their drivers brakes are hot mostly to control wear, not fade. To me it's an important distinction.

Shaddix, Dream1979 and Avoletta like this.
  15. Not true.

Of course starting or restarting the car would be done with a button, right Stefano?
    My bet for it not currently winning is because the only people it would affect are the guys using an h-pattern in a manual car. (I figured the false start being part of it would have the league guys voting like crazy though)

rd.king likes this.
  16. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

I'm not sure which I'm actually supposed to answer, what I would do if I was actually the dev, or what I would like AC to head towards as a player... So I'll do both, since the answers differ, and because I'm a gamer I'm going to game the system and give more than one answer in my post, even though I could only actually vote for one (brake temps). :p

Now, if I was an actual AC dev and had to think of the good of the game instead of my preferences?
    I'd probably go with Custom championships so that the upcoming console release will have more gameplay options especially for sp (unless there is already a career overhaul coming with the console?). Secondarily timed races for more varied race types (sometimes I have e.g. an hour to kill, but cba to do the math and guesswork in how many laps I can do in that time) and tertiarily VR because while having VR isn't too big of a deal since there aren't that many VR sets out there, not having VR might make every vr owner automatically skip AC and not even consider it.

However I decided to vote for what I, as a simracer and AC player, would like to see in the game.

As such I voted for brake temps (does this also mean fade? or just tyre heating from brake heat?), because that seemed like something that would have the biggest impact on gameplay and replicating realism, even though some people would certainly like to turn if off and I've no idea what percentage of players would keep it on... I.e. if it would even be worth the development time.
    Second priority for me would be custom championships (or "overhaul" of career mode, though just turning the career races into race weekends might help a lot) and third would be engine stalling* / false starts.

*speaking of stalling engines, didn't this get bare bones system coded in, in one of the LWtCHI-streams? I can't remember what happened to it? Did it break something else and get scrapped? :confused:

grandepunto likes this.
  17. Torcano

Torcano Alien

I don't look at this poll as every single feature individually, rather I see it as people voting for core features vs people voting for a peripheral support. And in my view the core features crowd is winning. :p

18. Jaye

Jaye Alien

I think it's more a simple question of preferences. Some hardcore simulators will only be happy when also the drag of the windshield wipers is calculated correctly, others (like the VR guys) prefer everything which takes the immersion to a higher level. It's like the battle between singleplayer and multiplayer lovers.

pumpkineater23, Ciborio and Sko Sko like this.
  19. Iarno

Iarno Rookie

Time based races....:cool:

....Brake temp simulation:)
    ....False starts/Engine stall:)
    ....Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation:)

and, please, implement the key to the clutch :D

thank's;)

20. Tiago Lima

Tiago Lima Alien

@Lord Kunos Thanks for the interaction with the community! :D