1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E07

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Cip, Jul 15, 2016.

1. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Great stream, soulful as always.

Speaking of classic cars, just watched this great documentary yesterday. Nicely divided in few separate eras, from 00's till 50's.

And 1979 F1 season and cars are amazing. rF1 has an amazing mod of 1979 F1, also full pack of 1979 tracks pack to go with, surprisingly it was real struggle to find download lol it is amazing pack, just incredible.

2. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Monza with ovals looks very nice. Can't wait to drive the bumpy pieces in some totally inappropriate cars like the F138. :D
    Actually, let's go for it in the old F1s or touring cars. ;)

Mogster likes this.
  3. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

Hi,

Is there a recap of what was covered on the stream? I was not able to join it last Sunday.

Thanks

4. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

The video is embedded in the first post of this thread.

5. f_deutsch

What I mean is a text summary of what was covered on the stream. Usually someone does a transcript of it. I guess it did not happen this time. Thanks anyway.

6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

It wasn't actually too much. Apart from the questions (which I didn't follow completely), he mainly fiddled around with the AI.
    There was a question claiming that the AI does not countersteer / opposite lock to drift (which even in default settings you can see they do, but only a tiny bit).
    Stefano said that this was due to the AI reacting instantly and correctly to any oversteer killing it all the way.
    He then turned that off and the AI was drifting like crazy with the 250F. That was a joy to watch. :D
    (So only for that it's worth to watch the video.)

Then he investigated a bug as someone pointed out that the AI starts (in the 250F?) are horrible and they are.
    That took quite long and wasn't too interesting, but finally got in the right direction.

He also showed the Monza 66 track, which is a kind of combination of two tracks, with an inner and outer part (bit like a Carrera track).
    This was the one with the oval part. Was quite interesting.

The rest wasn't that interesting. But that's only my opinion. ;)

arthur666, WallyM and f_deutsch like this.
  7. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

talking of monza66... were there bales splitting the straight irl? im used to the rf version where it's all open. just wondering if they split the track like it was in the stream irl?

8. f_deutsch

9. Do people actually read posts on this forum, or is it optional? o_O

10. marcocale

marcocale Hardcore Simmer

As far as I know they were used to split the straight with cones.

[​IMG]

Mogster and Andy-R like this.
  11. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Not sure about monza, but I've seen stuff like that in older grand prix videos where they split the pits from the track.

And even earlier, there was nothing at all, there were people standing at the edge of the circuit and between track and "pits".

12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

In AC I suspect the straw bales are there to provide a solid barrier to stop people cutting to the left and buggering up the timing...

There are plenty of images showing straw bales lining the track at Monza in the late 50s so they really don't look out of place. I would prefer the cones as that's what seem to have been used, at least for the F1 races that tend to make up the majority of the photographs. LMPs, GTs and touring cars used the banking long after F1 stopped, up till the early 70s I think.

Andy-R likes this.
  13. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Some sort of summary:

- Next stream should have Marco
    - 1.7 was tough release for Kunos, JP was easier
    - Q (quality of connection indicator) is missing now from MP, but Stefano is willing to bring it back at some point, it needs to be implemented in different way
    - Question about manual engine starts. Code is already there for it, but starting audio for 100+ cars is huge work, sound guys are too busy with new cars. Stefano doesn't see it happening soon
    - Someone claims AI uses only on/off throttle, and don't use opposite lock. Stefano shows AI drive, not true... they use both
    - AI uses stability control, which is a security thing. There is some combos where SC is needed. But it would be good way to have AI make mistakes, by reducing SC randomly. Other way Stefano has tried is adding lag to AI steering wheel action
    - Stefano seems to have a genuine surprised reaction, he realizes the AI can drift very well and stay on track with 250F, without SC. He's never seen it before & opens cool opportunities for future AI improvements
    - Typical day for Stefano, often the same. Wake up early, check forums, he writes code in the morning. Works also on weekends, obsesses about work
    - Being able to release patches in Steam is good (fast & hassle free), but because it's so easy sometimes mistakes slip in like 1.7.2. So has also bad side
    - Stefano is a South Park fan
    - Agrees that something should be done about cars able stop on track in MP and stay there. Needs to somehow differentiate stopped cars in pits
    - He thinks AI should have different approach with open wheelers, and touring cars. Touring cars require less safe distance / can take more contact

What Stefano wants for 1.8?

- No cars that need dedicated work this time, like SF15-T.. so more time for other things
    - 1.8 more race oriented update, instead physics oriented (?) I'm pretty sure he said "instead". Check yourself @ 54.30
    - Finally hopes custom championships are coming
    - Hoping to get aggression slider for AI done
    - Experimental work on blue flag
    - For SP he hopes AI can understand that car from behind is faster and lapping it, and let player pass
    - Optimizing physics engine, to maybe up the freq. to 500 Hz, to fix damper problems. Some more damper talk, went over my head
    - Monza Oval is shown. Part of console version. Stefano not 100% sure it comes in 1.8 but pretty sure
    - 1.8 probably is coming with/around console release (end of August)

Questions from the end:

- "Do manufacturers ask not to damage their cars in game?" No, nobody has forbidden/limited it
    - "Rift needs better UI" At the moment, you gotta deal with it
    - "P1 ERS recharge is faulty" Aris is looking into it soon
    - "AI in multiplayer" Sorry, not possible
    - "Why GT3 before GTB" No reason really. GTB is ready too
    - "Update in AWD physics?" All cars with that will eventually move to similar system as in Avendator
    - "DX12?" No, if Kunos made new game now, then. But not at this point
    - "How much code can be used from Ferrari ERS in Porsche?" Stefano doesn't know, he isn't a huge Porsche enthusiast really and doesn't know
    - "Brake temps in all GT3? When?" Yes, no idea when
    - "More FFB settings that we can tweak" No, thinks it should be correct without user changing it much. Already too many parameters
    - Question about power steering for some car. Doesn't sound excited, since already too little torgue in wheels
    - "Why soft locks are hidden?" Because they suck, hopefully will be improved at some point
    - "What car you dream of putting into game, that's not yet in it" Ferrari 250 GTO
    - Stefano loves old cars, if he didn't have to sell games/pay his rent, he would do a sim with only '30s cars
    - "Will console version have separate build numbers" Yes, and probably will lag behind PC version 3-4 months
    - "Some people are not interested in classic cars" He knows, but their numbers tell it's not many
    - "Favourite track" Portimao, Oulton Park
    - "Possible to get AI using street tyres in street cars?" Would be very nice, requires new value indicating tyre compound is street legal
    - "Launch control system?" Thinks would be nice, now not very realistic

Ok, damn watch the thing :D I ran out of steam

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    Rudski, Chappa, Schnipp and 20 others like this.
  14. I just spent the last hour and a half re-watching the stream while taking notes and came here to do what you have already done @ShredatorFIN
    Good job, and FML.

DaveS78 and ShredatorFIN like this.
  15. I pretty much lost it when his wheel came unclamped and he said it was 'majorly broken'!

SMOKING__MONKEY3, liakjim and Schnipp like this.
  16. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Majorly??????
    Assosiat0r's identity exposed. I knew it that it was a majorly trolled virtual persona...

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

17. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Stefano likes Oulton, a man of taste :D

garyjpaterson and Edelstahl like this.
  18. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Oulton is just a nicotine patch for people that are suppressing the urge to love Cadwell Park :D

garyjpaterson, Type88B and Jebus like this.
  19. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Can't help it but everytime I read Cadwell Park I get a raging semi fool. :oops:

Andy-R likes this.
  20. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Cadwell's a beautiful venue but really it's a bike track. I know there's a bit of a campaign to get the BTCC there and JP seems keen but it would probably require track changes which could spoil the feel of the place. I know lower formula cars used to race there but I'm not sure the BTCC ever has.

Oulton has always been a car and suitable bike track, although it is getting a bit tight now for GTs. There's a lot of history there and it's still almost unchanged since the 70s. It's even got F1 history, it held the Oulton Park Gold Cup, a non championship F1 race, for many years.

nate likes this.