1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Your thoughts on AC driving physics?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ALB123, Aug 26, 2016.

1. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Please, do NOT use this post to mention the bugs that you are experiencing, or the lack of custom lobbies, etc. There are plenty of threads already dedicated to those topics.

I'm very interested in hearing the thoughts from our new console playing cousins what they think of driving cars in Assetto Corsa. How are you liking the physics of cars in AC? How do you like how tires behave in AC? Can you notice the small details in track surfaces from the laser scanned tracks?

Does the feel of driving a car in AC meet your expectations? Are you happy with how cars handle in AC? What do you think about FFB in AC? Do you have a favorite car already? I'm looking to see feedback on Assetto Corsa that is NOT bug/problem related. Again, there are more than enough threads already created for that. However, if you don't like the way the cars drive, or can't stand the tires, etc. please feel free to post that here too. Just no complaints do to bugs/programming errors/missing features.

Just a suggestion for new Assetto Corsa players:

Unless you have never driven a digital car in your life - no Gran Turismo or Forza experience at all - then I would recommend that you keep Stability Control turned off. If you are completely new to driving, try to use lower settings fairly soon in your AC career. Stability Control is completely unrealistic. It ruins the driving experience, in my opinion. Keep Traction Control turned on and you should be fine if you have more than 10 hours of Forza or GT experience, in my opinion. Or, feel free to turn off Traction Control if you really want to tear loose!

Of course, you should always use the settings that YOU feel most comfortable using. If you need Stability Control set to 100% right now, there is no shame in that. Just try to slowly turn down the SC settings every few driving sessions. You just don't want to develop bad habits that make you not able to handle the car if you enter a server that disallows SC. This is YOUR game. Play it how you want. If my suggestions help, great. If not, I'm sure someone else here will be able to offer better advice.

Good luck everybody!!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New PS5 gameplay thoughts Feb 22, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality About pull the pin - latest thoughts on best VR headset for ACC? Nov 5, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Your thoughts since release Jul 25, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Creating Fuel Strategy Spreadsheet, any thoughts on features? Dec 23, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Some thoughts about ACC (laughing or crying?) Jun 26, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thoughts on degrees of rotation Jun 10, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Thoughts on an Application like Trading Paints May 23, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Just finished a full length Bathurst 12 hour, and I have some thoughts Feb 13, 2020
    ACC Gameplay 1.05 - Why I don't drive ACC regularly - Single Player thoughts Jul 6, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Morning thoughts (off the wheel) May 24, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI Issues/Thoughts Apr 14, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI thoughts after 0.6.4 Mar 14, 2019
    ACC General Discussions AI thoughts (skill & aggressiveness @ 100) Mar 6, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Build 5 Thoughts Jan 6, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Happy New Year to all and some thoughts about the experience thus far Dec 31, 2018

3. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Physics are the only thing keeping this 10+year racing sim veteran going, I give them two weeks to a month max to fix the glaringly obvious things that will kill this game on console faster than Ebola before I get bored and trade it in. Regardless of the great physics, this disc is not worthy of a Playstation at current state.

SvenUilhoorn and DriftRb_86 like this.
  4. ZHarvs92

ZHarvs92 Gamer

i hated it for about 10 mins, then i adapted to the way everything works, and i have to say, its FANTASTIC! the sounds, the way it drives, the road, the noticeable change in grip from the AstroTurf etc. WOW!
    if they add private lobbies itll more than live up to the hype.

5. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

This guy gets it.

6. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Glad to hear it! It will be interesting to see what people's favorite cars are.

Unknown22 and ZHarvs92 like this.
  7. ZHarvs92

ZHarvs92 Gamer

just the difference between the GT2 M3, and the GT2 Corvette is amazing, then try to drive the Ferrari after that and it requires a totally different pressure on the brakes to avoid lockups amongst other things. dont think ive driven 2 cars in a game which are so noticably different, which is excellent!

8. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Oh you've got that right! I took out the X-Bow R for the first time in months, a couple of weeks ago, and I couldn't believe how touchy the brakes were on that car. It's no wonder, the thing is so light! Those GT2 cars you've been driving...those things are fast and they've got crazy downforce! They're so much fun to drive... :cool:

Skemekos123 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You will probably die of boredom because Kunos has a business plan.
    And from your quote, no loss at all. You kid have a much too less of an attention span.
    Sponge bob, right....:D

10. ZHarvs92

ZHarvs92 Gamer

Indeed, i took one of the lotus f1 cars for a quick spin aswell, and the feeling of going over a crest, into a corner was awesome, the loss of force on the wheel as the front end gets light, then when it grips and rips was awesome.

as youve probably noticed, i could go on and on if i wanted to!

11. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Absolutely love the overdone tyre debri model, hits like ice just like GT series . This game has made me appreciate what GT and PD have done, I actually think GTS will smash this game into console oblivion. Thanks for giving them the heads up Kunos, they actually learn from others' mistakes.

A 31 year old kid you sonny. If by business plan you mean make fools of us with such hype and then such an underwhelming reception. This is well within the realm of a product refund due to the product not delivering what it said on the box. My attention span has kept me in one of the longest running and still active console drift teams in the world. Who are you again sir?

12. ZHarvs92

ZHarvs92 Gamer

Please stop acting like a 12 year old, this thread is to discuss the physics, and how do you like them. not every thread is here for you to have a rant. so lets not hijack this mans thread, he just wants to know what you think about THE PHYSICS model of the game, thats all.

13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Good luck Sponge Bob! And don't come whining there's no real simulation out there. I might point you to RaceFactor2...
    German:
    "Gott, schmeiß Hirn vom Himmel!"
    use google translate...

14. For you guys that 'get' the physics and have at least a clue about how to properly drive, here is one of my personal favorite combos and pretty much a guaranteed ticket to sim-driving nirvana:

Ferrari F40
    default setup (default has street tires in the PC version, switch to street tires if anything else is the default choice in the setup menu)
    Nords Tourist
    8:30 am
    Green track surface grip
    20c
    'Natural' PP effect

15. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Read the first part of my post and take your own advice, I have made several comments on the physics here now, seems only you and fanboy ace are being counter-productive here. The physics when colliding with other cars is also horrendous, like tennis balls bouncing off each other. I actually have this game, i bought it and a wheel just for it, I am giving my experienced console opinions, don't like it? fat luck.

I've played numerous PC sims and just about every playstation racing game or sim which included actual cars from real manufacturers on sim wheels for about a decade now. I've been top 10 in previous forza racing titles, number 1 tuner in forza drag tuning, number 1 drifter in forza leaderboards, top 10 in gt racing, top 3 in gt drag tuning and I tune and race all my own creations, I even studied programming just to understand it even better. I've probably forgotten more than you'll ever know. Tell me again about the honda civic that taught you to 'properly drive', do you even hold a real licence or are you not old enough?

SvenUilhoorn and Johnnyjoejones like this.
  16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Oh you, mocking them yes. But sending them straight to death is a bit viscous :D

TXC_IJOJOI likes this.
  17. ZHarvs92

ZHarvs92 Gamer

re read the rest of the absolute tripe you have served up. lol. and you wonder why the PC players stereotype us console gamers the way they do. you are a part of the problem.

18. ZHarvs92

ZHarvs92 Gamer

i see what you did there, lol

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  19. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

FTFY :D

funnydwarf and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  20. As usual with the majority of your posts, my response is ????

UntrainedN00B01 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  21. ZHarvs92

ZHarvs92 Gamer

dont spoil it. wanna see someone try it and come back ranting