1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Your thoughts on AC driving physics?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ALB123, Aug 26, 2016.

1. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Who said I wonder? Maybe you do, maybe you care about those types of things. Life is too short and too much fun to worry about haters, they come everyday from everywhere and best to just laugh at them. Lets get this straight once and for all, which racing game that is actually attempting to be sim is the most dominant in sales, production, series longevity, biggest loyal fanbase, closest ties to real automotive manufacturers? Oh that's right a poor little console game. So why do I care about PC again, for starters im on PS4 aren't I? Looking for a good sim for this G29 I just purchased, guess which game I know will deliver at least what it says on the box...

2. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

why do you call my inputs counterproductive...
    And pls do quote your bouncing experiences.
    We pc superhumans got that issue fixed a while ago. You console scum :D, and this goes exclusively to our Jap dream LSD Goji...whatever...:

Don't ruin it for others

Have fun driving, folks

3. ZHarvs92

ZHarvs92 Gamer

so, by your logic, the game with the most sales is the real driving simulator? if so, im done with this conversation, because clearly your thinking is flawed.

Fear, eSEA One, SvenUilhoorn and 2 others like this.
  4. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

If this is the best a port to PS4 could do, I would honestly love to see a port of that to PC, oh wait you guys gonna be competing with forza 6 soon huh, hard times. Have one of you made a single comment in this thread about the physics other than to bash on my opinion yet? Here's another one, the F40 on nurb has way less power off oversteer than it did on that other title, feels much more tame.

NO comments on the physics yet? Please go away fanboys you are making me contribute to your useless posts. I'll just report from now on, good day.

5. You forgot to mention your rich wife, your model girlfriend, and my mothers basement in which I must reside. You were so close to hitting every checkbox on the 'angry, triggered fanboy of X game posting in enemy territory' scorecard. Even if you had included all three I would have still been forced to deduct points because of the whole referencing a Honda Civic without using the words 'VTEC' or 'bruh' snafu.

Anyways,
    The F40 @ Tourist Ring combo is something that I drive at least a couple times a week because it is pure awesome.

6. Bit tiresome to see you shilling so hard in this section when the game is clearly not up to standards is all. Quite a few console bashing posts I've seen now. Most complaints are perfectly reasonable. Havent really seen anyone complain about the driving being too difficult (it isnt)

7. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

So what am i a fanboy of genius? The 4 or so Forza I enjoyed until the day one bugs showed up or the 6 or so GT games that I grew up playing because they were 'successful' yet played maybe two weeks of GT6 because the physics changed for the worse before buying a PC for games that require intelligence? FYI I love Honda, I owned an ITR when I was 18. Then moved on to bigger toys, the reference was simply for 'some' people that think because they drive around town in a riced up w/e that they're experienced racers, give me a break, you're the people that cause accidents and hurt others instead of taking your sorry butt to the track and only hurting yourself/your wallet. End of...

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  8. ZHarvs92

ZHarvs92 Gamer

i think the issue is that the thread was posted to see what others think of the physics, and driving in the game. this has now become yet another ****fight. (of which i admit i have taken part in)

Seria17hri11er and RoccoTTS like this.
  9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Yeah, William. Always on the rebellious side. Got kicked by Stefano cause of slandering twice, but yeah. You know who to are, right:mad:

Edit: if I come across as a fan boy, reread my posts again

10. The console guys have legit reasons to be upset and disappointed so it is no surprise that a few of them are lashing out and maybe even overreacting; it is also no surprise that any and all 'fanboys' and such of any competing game/sim will also use this time and forum to spew venom and tears in every thread. ( you know, smelling the blood in the water and whatnot).

Seria17hri11er, Fear and ZHarvs92 like this.
  11. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Try not trolling and attacking people with your first post in a thread, then maybe they wont think you're lashing out ;)

Ace Pumpkin and Disease26 like this.
  12. Disease26

Disease26 Gamer

To try and bring this thread back to the actual topic, i really like the physics so far.
    i have come from Project Cars most recently, Forza 1-5 before it.

I've never driven a car around a circuit but i have been driving for over 15 years and this game feels like the most realistic to what i would expect a race car to feel like, and i must be in the minority because i havent really had any significant fps or screen tear issues.. so far so good.

Seria17hri11er, Fear, gregack and 4 others like this.
  13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Couldn't you guys just keep it on topic? I'd be interested in the opinions too. To me AC has some of the best physics and handling I've ever experienced but it has plenty of competition going back decades on PC. On consoles the closest you can get is really ProjectCARS and we all know how that game ended up on consoles. It'd be interesting to know how people who never touched a PC racing simulation and usually play GT, Forza, NFS, DriveClub, etc. feel about the driving, which is the main draw of this game.

Mogster, gregack and liakjim like this.
  14. What part of my first post did you perceive as trolling and/or attacking?

15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

was just about to quote your first post of yesterday's. The one in which you told how excited you were about the console posts and how you hold back, until this very last one. And how you just could not hold back on this, the last one....boom!
    Sadly you deleted that post, Michael. You're a hippocrate par excellence! Gongrats...

16. pavano

pavano Simracer

what did you play your numerous other games and sims with?
    your bare hands?
    Surely not with the controller.

ShredatorFIN likes this.
  17. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Have fun in simcade heaven, GT or Forza. I mean it.

...but it would be a loss (at least for you). Don't you feel that itching? Give in to it. You will like it. And if you just descided to use the interim time, watch this:

It's not that helpful in simcades, but here you go :)

UntrainedN00B01 likes this.
  18. RSP_Figuur84

RSP_Figuur84 Gamer

While I haven't played that long yet, I've got to say I really like the physics so far! I started playing with GT 1/2 on psx. Then went to Forza on Xbox 360. I've tried GT5 on ps3, but for me personally that was a big letdown. Physics where imo worse then on Forza (even as sound and old PS2 modelled cars). I've got now 1300+ in Project Cars. Really like that game. I currently drive with a t300/t3pa.

Now the physics I think are really good on AC! And the sound, WoW! The bumps on tracks, curbs, the difference between the cars, first impression is really good! It's really cool to learn the car/track combo. I haven't been adjusting settings/setups so far on the cars, so can't comment on that.

I already fell in love with the 458 GT2 on my 'home-track' Zandvoort, I just had to try that track first :)

Only thing I had to do was turn ABS on, as I blocked wheels too fast. But I can't really blaim the game for that yet, as I have not tweaked the car, nor the pedals (brake-mod) yet. I haven't noticed a calibration-tool for this in the game btw. Need to try setups/brake-mod later. Other thing I would like to see is a 'factory' setting for stability control. I now have turned it off (0), but I noticed some of the cars are really undrivable when it is on 0. Not sure if its me who needs to learn or the car in real live does have stability control. Also need to tweak FFB, but out of the box it already feels that this is done pretty well.

I'm gonna get the season pass for sure. Indeed some Japanese cars and the F1 cars, just as the Ferrari GT3. I really, really enjoyed driving on AC so far. If Kunos will give us private lobbies with settings for League Racing in future, Time Trial leaderboards, and some other inprovements it will be a sim which will probably be played for a long time for me.

19. Birdorf

Birdorf Gamer

I'll have another crack at getting this back on topic.

Just had an hour and my thoughts are that this is probably the best I've played. Stability off, the other two set to Factory, and a T150. Ive only tried an Abarth, a Lotus and a Ferrari 599, but yeah, fantastically good.

Seria17hri11er, djm99 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  20. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Good to hear. Don't forget the Porsche DLC included in that, something I'm most looking forward on PC. xD

I hope beyond bug fixes they do add some more calibration options on console though.

As for stability control, you can forget that. The sim simulates all the cars without any, the stability control in place is purely artificial for beginners, as such there's no factory setting.

RSP_Figuur84 likes this.