1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #6 - Art and Science

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Gamer

In game ..x or green button on my thrustmaster leather rim

rubber1994 and flyingcarrot like this.
  2. flyingcarrot

flyingcarrot Hardcore Simmer

Thanks both, appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

3. SGT EDUBB

SGT EDUBB Gamer

Haven't had much time this week, laid this lap down like tuesday I think.
    1.44.347 - XB1
    IMG_cb745156-5a76-4d79-85f8-0663a2f90a1b.png

4. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Got bit better today, possible 41 if I get another good run but not sure.. IMG_0023.JPG 1:42.179...sorry about the crap picture!
    Included the clip just for fun..

5. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

Best I can do with a controller :eek:
    [​IMG]
    Ps4

6. In your opinion is the leather rim worth getting? Always felt the stock tx rim was a bit cheap feeling...

7. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

rps20161112_133058.jpg
    1:47.926 PS4 G29
    TC 3/4
    Few seconds better.
    Cracked into the 7's, not sure how much I have left but will have another blat soon.

8. Duster24

Duster24 Simracer

20161111_220729.jpg 1:50.888 god I'd love to hit the 49s. lol

9. Duster24

Duster24 Simracer

20161111_221708.jpg 1:49.733 whoot I did it. Think that's it for tonight try to improve tomorrow.

10. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

All Thrusmaster wheels are cheap feeling ;) Wear leather gloves it is a better upgrade ;):p

Joking aside, I recently bought the 599xx Evo rim, button placement is better for me, especially in games that I can remap what they do as they offer easier reach, I like the slightly bigger diameter, and the alcantara offers a better grip, I do wear gloves (nothing special just cheap thin things). Paddles still feel cheap, as they are using the same components, I think. The plastic hinges are prone to failure...Well the ones in my T300RS have been glued back together, maybe I am a little heavy handed with them ;)

If you haven't already, get the T3pa pedals, then a TH8a shifter before changing the rim, they add much more to the experience!

Snowman38, Hammerpgh and rubber1994 like this.
  11. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

Glad to see you two old timers took my advice and joined in here. Lots of fun to be had in these challenges and it looks like we might be around similar pace as always :)

12. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

Nice! I'm looking forward to the next challenge. I've only got the ps4 controller currently, and for some reason this car is way less manageable with the controller than any other car I've tried so far.

13. My girlfriend bought me the shifter for my birthday about a month ago so i went ahead n got myself the pedals. Absolutely love them. Changing the rim was the next thing I was thinking about doing to upgrade the rig so cheers for the info.

Out of interest what kind of gloves do you wear? The girlfriend already thinks I'm a bit sad with all this simracing business so I'd love to see the look on her face when she sees me wearing gloves lol.

Edit: Btw I was meaning to ask, does anyone know what the deal is with the ghosts in hotlap mode? I assumed it was my own ghost of my pb and restarted a good few laps when I realised I couldn't catch it, only to beat my time when still about 10 car lengths behind the thing! It seemed like the ghost was taking the same line as my best time through a few corners but it was alot faster overall.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  14. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I use these, basically the same thing I have in the van for work ;)

http://www.arco.co.uk/products/14A1600?s=1

It's not like you need big racing gauntlets, just some thing to keep the rim in good order, that offers a little more grip, I know some use cycling gloves for a bit of extra padding.

Ghosts, not really sure! It's either a combination of your best splits, or they simple take some time off your best lap to give you some extra motivation! It would actually be nice to find out...

15. OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06 Simracer

It appears that this "old timer" just beat you fastest time. :D
    [​IMG]

Video of lap:

16. Dawgpaws11

Dawgpaws11 Racer

Slowly getting better

What are you guys running for ffb settings?

IMG_0072.JPG

PS4 t500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Hammerpgh

Good time Rob :) but it ain't over till its over... might get one more shot at it this weekend, F1 real and virtual permitting ;)

18. Hammerpgh

The ghosts have always confused me too... no idea what they are based on but they are clearly not always accurate

OctoberDusk06 likes this.
  19. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

Seems like your ghost when you first load into a session is your potential best time. If you set a personal best time in a session it then becomes the ghost, even if your personal best is slower than your potential best. Just a guess.

20. SF73

SF73 Gamer

How old do you have to be to join the old timers club?!

Snowman38 likes this.