1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Berry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

Edit: Merged.

2. Haiden773

Edit: Merged.

3. Haiden773

I agree with this. At first, the upgrade to DD didn't do anything but accentuate the lack of scrub feel that I was experiencing in PCars. I didn't fix anything, it just made everything more clearer--good and bad. But when I added a little Foundation mode to the mix (telemetry based), it suddenly felt A LOT better.

In the past my main issue was FFB feeling, wasn't really sure about the physics. But now that the feel issue is worked out, I can't say I find anything wrong with the physics. My lap times and the ways the cars are handling are pretty consistent with other sims. But I definitely, without a doubt, feel more nuance in the FFB with PCars2 than I do in AC. Not saying/judging good or bad. I just feel more subtleties from the suspension interaction with the track. And I felt it before with the CSW V2, for a bit with a car or two, but then lost it. Don't know if it was an update or corrupted FFB. But when I came back to it, things were different. This time, the feel is more consistent across a wider range of cars. There are some I don't care for, but I've found quite a few that are just great.

There are definitely still some poor cars, but that's the case with every sim. AC and RE3 have some crap cars, too. As for whether or not they resemble their RL counterparts, I have no way testing that, and probably never will (as is the case for many), so I'm more concerned with whether or not the car feels good and is fun to spend some time in.

4. @Haiden773
    Of course you can correct me if I'm wrong. English is not my first language and if I'm misinterpreting your post sorry for that mate.
    I'm just reacting to the statements in your post:
    "But after a bunch of upgrades to my rig, PCars2 feels really, really good, if not the best."
    "Sometimes it's settings that do the trick. Other times, it's hardware changes that make things click. But when it does it really does."

You never got the great and right feeling with your Fanatec CSW V2 but after the upgrade to a Accuforce V2 it turns PC2 to one of the best, if not the best.
    So I've to come to the conclusion the hardware upgrade is the reason in your case for the big improvements in PC2 and makes it to the best.

Its just the second time I heard something like that related to PC2.
    One time from the biggest PC2 fanboy out there and the second time from your person.

Like already said if I'm wrong sorry for that.

Greets After_Midnight

nate, Andrew_WOT and LeDude83 like this.
  5. So you need a DD wheel along with a special combo platter of settings in order to make some of the cars feel good; where have I heard this before, oh yeah, iracing.
    Weird that SMS would go that route considering their target audience are far more likely to use a gamepad than a DD wheel.

The Nicki Thiim video thread is a fun read over at the SMS forums, be interesting to hear his take on the ACC alpha at Spa. (if he gets a chance to try it)

6. BTW: You're banned at RD for the RSS thingy?

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  7. You can find also this Leynad guy in the comment section. In a wall of text he's explaining what you've to setup in PC2 and how close it is to the top sims out there. Just AC is again different. Seems to be bad in this case.
    Fun fact: He had already discryped iRacing as ****, rFactor2 as bull**** (FFB wise) and so on.
    He is popping up always when its comes to critics about his favorite game.
    Also he'll change his mind over and over again just to prove how f...cking great PC2 is and AC will not even be a contender.
    Still the same strange guy o_O

8. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

As a (mine) conclusion: Even the biggest PC2 fanboys state, you gotta tweak this and gotta setup that and then PC2 becomes the greatest sim of all times.
    You know what? Ain't got time for that. I came from PC to AC and found a sim that worked for me right out of the box. And that's what I expect from a game, sim, whatever: A decent baseline setup. I don't want to spend hours just to get to that point.

bgil66, Typer, LeDude83 and 3 others like this.
  9. Haiden773

Both of you are being selective in what you're hearing/reading. This is what I said, please note the bold parts.

Not sure why I wasn't able to get good feel with my CSW V2. I know a lot of people do. It just never happened for me. I think there's something about PCars2 that makes the experience vary from person to person. And if your personal tastes aren't close to the out-of -box settings, you have to really work to find your sweet spot. Sometimes it's settings that do the trick. Other times, it's hardware changes that make things click. But when it does it really does.

How the hell is that making any specific claims about what you need to make PCars2 feel good? I admit that it varies from person to person and that you DO NOT NEED A DD to make it work.

Funny thing is, when I made the original comment, I almost add "To be clear, I'm not saying you need a DD to make it feel good." But then I thought, that was unnecessary. I should have known better. :(

And for the record, I also stated that at one point I had good feel in the CSW V2, but then after being away from the game, came back and couldn't replicate it. I don't know if it was a patch or my inability to find those settings again. Later, further back in this thread, I commented at some point, that I had managed to make it feel decent to the point that I was able to enjoy the game. So, no. I didn't have to get a DD to make it work. It was working before that. What I was saying in this recent post was that with the DD, the game now feels incredible. That's not to say it was terrible before. That's just what you guys seem to want to hear.

10. Good to know that there is a great feeling game waiting for me on my HDD if I ever have a thousand dollar wheel and a couple hundred hours to test settings.

LeDude83 and After_Midnight like this.
  11. @Haiden773
    Its easy to bold parts of your post out afterwards. But I've to read the whole text of you not just parts of it ;)

12. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

I don't understand this mentality. If you are expecting several hundred hours of enjoyment how come you don't want to spend few hours to set it up?
    I am not talking about PCars 2 specific but on any game, sim or in fact any life activity.

13. For one thing it only took me minutes to set up AC; felt pretty wonderful and realistic straight out of the box. I have spent less than a couple hours tweaking on my settings over the last four years.

After a couple dozen hours tweaking settings in pc2 I was left with a few cars that felt 'okay-ish' and a bunch that still felt downright horrible. The overall physics feel a bit too far on the easy side (IMO) so even though the game is really pretty, at times, the payoff just isn't worth the effort. (again, IMO)

14. Haiden773

So what, when you read the whole thing, the I bold parts disappear? I bolded them, because they seem to be the parts you fail to comprehend. If you read and took in thewhole thing, then those parts make it clear that I don't think DDs are the only way to get good FFB, because that literally what they say.

15. Haiden773

No disagreement there. For some, it just too much work. I was in that boat, too and one point.

I don't believe the physics are off, though. Someone once said that it seems easier because you have more nuanced / informative FFB. I didn't believe that at the time, but now that I have it tuned, I'm starting to believe that might actually be a bit true. I'm also finding the physics more in line with R3E and rF2. I think the cars in AC are a bit too oversteer prone, and the understeer feeling is too exaggerated.

16. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

Please reread my post. I am talking about a baseline setup, as a starting point from which I can actually start tweaking the setup to my likings.
    AC manages to do that. You can install it from scratch, plug in your wheel and hit the road. You won't be the fastest guy around, but things won't be weird either.
    It should not be my job to tweak settings from weird to normal in the first place.

Jebus, mms, Dean Ogurek and 4 others like this.
  17. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

Ok, point taken.
    I agree it should feel good to some level immediately to have a motivation to fiddle in the first place.

aotto1977 likes this.
  18. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

Doesn't shilling for AC get tiring after a while?

Slowbloke likes this.
  19. It probably would if I had to go into other games forums to do it, but as it is, no.

BTW, you here to post anything on topic or just trolling for some Ian Bell brownie points?

Jebus, pavano, mms and 2 others like this.
  20. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

I'm a sim racing fan, man. I know it may seem a strange concept to you, but I'm not interested in investing myself emotionally into any single one where I then feel the need to bash all others to prop up my preferred video game instead of just appreciating what each brings to the table. I think you'd have to be a real sad human being to have that sort of mentality. But that's just me.

Haiden773 and morpwr69 like this.