1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Update 0.2 Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Echo_29, Sep 23, 2018.

1. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

I'm loving the two special events where the wet track slowly starts to dry. Amazing to see how your tires starts to overheat and how they cool down a bit when you're leaving the racing line to search the last wet spots.
    Only downside: The colour of the tarmac doesn't change when the racing line gets dryer (not sure if this is because of my graphic settings or maybe it isn't implemented yet?)

2. Donysius

Donysius Rookie

No problems here with starting game in VR (right-click icon in steam and choose option VR)
    No problems with using my Logitech G29 as controller and racing
    But VR in AC1 so much better then in ACC, can use high graphic settings in AC1 but in ACC everything is laggy, jittering...not possible to play atm cuz it hurt your eyes after 2 or 3 laps :(

Even with most settings on med, not great to play. when I move my head around, everything is lagging all over the place.
    When driving over bumps the side window is moving the same as the netting in front of it.

Hope you guys fix the lag problems, AC1 is great to drive but ACC isn't atm.

Attached Files:

3. flihp

flihp Racer

I have just spent around 30 minutes with it tonight. The Bentley is great to drive,, the safety rating, well...mmm I did around two laps and was getting bashed around a bit and also gave it back, I think I reached 33 , lol.. the brightness as I have seen mentioned does seem a bit brighter than it was, but I ll either lower my monitor brightness or see if I can find a config relating to graphics and gamma, brightness etc, maybe even a custom entry in the unreal engine config file. Will investigate over the weekend.. the lambo safe setup I actually found loose for my driving style. And as far as special events go, all the 0.1 events are not available, I was looking forward to setting some hot laps with the tweaked setup changes etc,, . Will these all be back at full realese.?, I know it will be a lot of events, each cars/each tracks.but how else to get a pace rating back. I tried single player hotlap but the leaderboard is not available as yet I assume. Also I was 2 sec a lap faster with the special event hot laps than in single player hotlap, apart from that, for an early access it is quite amazing/impressive what you have given us so far. And as mentioned above by others, I absolutely love the storm and all the other wet weathers immersion.

Edit. I also forgot to mention I tried practice mode, Misano with the bentley and all my ratings from Nürburg with the lambo was on screen, I was expecting a new fresh slate, seeing it was a different track, along with the progress guides etc.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  4. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

My take on it is as follows.

FFB much improved, I still prefer AC's but I need to give it time.
    I understand the 'no mouse' thing in VR as we want a fully integrated system and not have to reach blindly for the mouse and
    keyboard.I have no issue with this approach.
    I've had to turn the graphics down to high mainly for an improved VR experience.
    Would like to have the option to configure and save separate graphics configurations for VR and single screen.
    Still very EA but a great start, cockpit is fine but cars and environment look blurry.Can't really make out surface detail on the track like wet patches for instance.
    Not sure why it's not listed in SteamVR application list as it would be good to play with super sampling.
    Sounds are just fantastic.
    VR hud needs some work as I too have that double (one fixed and one moving) on screen display issue.
    The black oblong game set-up screen can appear at strange angles to the viewer if you don't have the headset on while launching the game.

I need to say thanks to all the good stuff you are doing as naturally we are fixating on issues at the moment.

Just realised this sounds like a bug-list, it's not meant to be but I'll be sure to enter them in appropriate place if they haven't already been listed as and when.

pfustes likes this.
  5. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

One thing I will add is that when doing the hotlap challenge, the leaderboard over on the left side of the screen pretty much blocks a lot of the left side road vision. Perhaps for those with VR or triple screens its not an issue, but running just a single screen, it takes up a lot of screen real estate, and right in the vision line of the track.

nightfire275 likes this.
  6. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

i don't think so. For me it's the exact opposite.
    ACC seems pc2, which are completely different from photorealistic.

The best example imho is hands down gran turismo sport (ok, arcade and a poor game), and the differences in VISUAL STYLE (style, not quality) are like night and day.
    If in a perfect world could be possible to upgrade the ac graphic engine to 2018 standards i'll do the switch without even thinking about it.

7. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

Is it me or did the AI get alot faster and better? I used to be able to get mid pack at 98% ai pretty safely

But now even with 93 % i can hardly get to 15th and the backmarkers start gaining me again later in the race( and they seem damn good at passing al of a sudden) OP late brakers most of the time
    It is funny to see them brake to late and just fly over the track

8. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I just drove a bit of GT Sport couple hours ago on my oled hdr tv and really i find even the best looking lighting scenarios not as nice as the best looking ones in ACC or AC (with the sun low), i feel ACC has better vibrance to it, it seems more alive whereas gt sport i feel is sort of just a nice 'painting' but it does not feel alive. Sorry that i can not describe it better. The sun in gt sport does not feel as warm and blending at all, it's just a brighter spot but without 'life' around it. And night racing in ACC just blows everything out of the water, the exhaust backfires, the braking lights etc, it's just with everything amped up on Epic setting, it looks insanely good, also the exhausts are red-ish and glow, it's just so much more vibrant than gt sport. Replays to me the same, i have never seen such gorgeous replays at night in a racing game, i was going insane here yesterday evening.
    I get where you are coming from with gt sport, but i think they really are only doing a better job in the clarity of the picture as ACC still can look a bit blurred out on the textures side of things especially in the distance. But to me there is no doubt that ACC is graphically superior, already now in this current state. Just imagine how it will look 5-6 months from now on release.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  9. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

The AI is technically constantly improving, but in this case it might be a "sharper" field based on the re-creation of the BP driver's performances. The Sprint lineup is quite high quality (while the 24h of Spa has the most variety), so it is plausible that it feels like the AI is stronger overall, especially the entries on the available cars.
    Before 0.2, we had more randomization that lead to a more linear distribution of skill, so it was more likely that you face drivers with less-than-98% strength if you set up 98% (which is considered "max strength")

10. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

If the shaders on the materials are correct, photorealism becomes all about correct color tone mappings between light/shadow + atmospheric effects (distance haze) to fool our eyes.

In other words, we can and we do achieve photo-realism in AC1 with the proper PP + reshade filters.

There are alot better examples out there.

Rehooja likes this.
  11. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Though i have to say i do not mind going down the route of a little bit of stylized graphics, it's still a game after all. I agree that PCars 2 looks a bit too cartoony at times, but i feel ACC is in a very nice spot with their approach. It does not need to try to match real life colors 1:1, as i said, it's a game after all, it's okay to have a bit more punchy colors and effects in it. As long as it's not arcadey or over the top OnRush style lol

Kincade likes this.
  12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I did a couple of wet races in the special event at Misano in the Bentley. Not really knowing the track, the car or the conditions with just default wet setup I needed a few laps following just to get to their pace at 100% strength and then passing too many of them was a bit of a challenge for sure. Good fun overall they drove fairly well (better then me at least :D) Racing in the wet is pretty tricky too with the spray but I actually enjoyed the AI races and I rarely do.

I do like how ratings are also set against ai as really they are generally better behaved then an average mp field, I do kind of miss helicorsa as I am currently running on a single screen but its a 65 inch 4k it still sees less then my 3x 28 inch surround setup to the sides. I needed to rely on the arrows a bit more then Id like and helicorsa I think made it a bit easier to deal with black spots due to limited hardware.

I will go VR eventually but waiting for higher res and also SLI vr support so we can actually get good performance on next gen headsets, would love SLI being implemented for regular monitors too as my 150+fps on AC drops to around 70-80 in ACC but I also need to knock some settings down while AC has everything maxed and modded to the limit.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  13. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I was a bit harsh yesterday, maybe, for the first two hours trying to get it running in VR while fighting a very unergonomic interface and seeing a huge number of cars always dancing off track, and then also getting nausea - which i am usually not vulnerable to at all - due to missing view-to-horizon lock was a bit too much. I stick with the critical remarks I pointed at, but balance it a bit by these positives I found today:

While I still think the vegetation in ACC looks simply awful, the artifical track environment - buildings, structures, "life" - at Misano look quite well, like a busy place. Good environment in the place. Except the vegetable.

At night, the track is quite immersive to drive along on, more so than Nürburgring, imo.

In VR, the cockpits of all the cars there are now, five or six, is quite immersive and detailed, I like the "cockpit feeling factor". In the Bentley it is not as intense, due to the spartanic dashboard, but in some of the other cars you really feel like packed into a tight machine.

However, the VR interface and general VR graphics must be improved, and hopefully are already scheduled for that. Also, button 3 on my wheel cannot be made to function properly in the menus. I hope a later implemented mouse interface for VR makes that obsolete anyway. AI I take for granted for not already being at the end of its development. Something must have been porked yesterday, around every second AI car I saw drifting and spiralling off track in turns withiout being touched by other cars - a phenomenon that today I did not meet, so maybe that was just some unique thing that got healed by having the system rebooted. I already was wondering why it has not caused an uproar, if you would have had what I saw over here yesterday, you would have been rioting in the forum, I am sure.

EA release 2 of 6, its work in progress, the quest goes on.

Please, replace the vegetation, its almost an immersion killer, already was at Nürburgring. Those trees are a no-go. Its not a question of optimization, but bitmaps - or whatever it is - in those Y-structured trees. ACC already had cartoonish trees, but here it is much worse. The bushes at Nürburgring arent that great either.

14. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

v0.3 notes

Fixed vegetation, no immersion no buy :D

ScottyM76, miky, Pulley and 1 other person like this.
  15. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

Yeah you are right!

I don't like the FFB : please, remove it asap!

(just kidding : I like the current FFB) ;)

Schnipp likes this.
  16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Really cant say ACC looks bad or that the vegetables are terrible, maxed out it looks nice. In VR with low res, low settings it probably looks more like poop but that's why I don't use VR yet.

Here are some random screens I just took at Misano, its not sunny here (sorry rain is too much fun) or an overgrown vegie farm but looks fairly nice to me. ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ace Pumpkin, AurusCE, Typer and 2 others like this.
  17. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I think the vegetation looks ok. My gripe with the trees etc is the LOD pop-in when either a LOD loads or the shadow gets applied to it when you get close to a tree, I’m not sure which it is, but it’s when you get about 100 metres from them they all of a sudden morph into something else, it can be a bit distracting.

XettMan, juandb78 and crosschris like this.
  18. Skybird

Skybird Alien

The night driving is foine for tweo reasons at Misano: the light around is immerisve and well done, and the ugly trees are invisible. Drive in full daylight and on sunny day: Welcome in cartoon land.

And one question. I think in the car setup menu in the pits, selecting any different setup than the defualt one (wet for rain driving for exmaple) in VR needs to be confirmed by püressing the 3-button. But in the VR menu navigation, the 3-button doe snto get recgnised for me (while it sfunctionality assigned while beign in car works fine). Therefore I find it impossible to select the rain setup in the garage in VR. Anyone having this problem, too? I already experimented also with deleting a seocndray fuction calledf by the time-feature in button setup menu (seoicnd function if pressing and holding the button).
    Its impossible to drive inthe rain i vR oiver here, since the default setup with dry tyres works not at all in rain and reuslts in insta-suicide.

19. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

The water spray has so much blue in it that it looks like Oil-smoke to me, not water. As someone who has way too much experience with old oil-burners (not diesels), it really caught my attention.o_O:p:)

I think there are conditions currently, where the blue tint is overdone.

20. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Forget what I asked about button-3. My own misunderstanding at work there. It has no benefits to have no documentation...