1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Release 0.3 discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by th3o, Nov 4, 2018.

1. ZioYuri78

ZioYuri78 Hardcore Simmer

2. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I follow your thinking but surely if the poor performance in VR was mainly down to the AI then the multiplayer experience should be much improved. That was what I was hoping at least but alas it's still very poor.

3. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

As a backer of PCars 2 i can assure you that this was not the case a couple months before release and it was not even on release. PCars2 was a technical mess still when it was first released. ACC ist still at least 4-5 months away from release. I can understand that all of us are eager for the game to be 'perfect', but really, we have to keep eye on the timeline here.

Whitestar, jsmith.ls.uk, mms and 5 others like this.
  4. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Wasn't this supposed to fix the names above cars? I have it "Always off" and they still show in quick race. Any workaround to get rid of them?

Also, why they need to actually emit light... yeah okay Unreal 4 can have these cool effects.... but to be honest it will get old fast. Especially in rain and night, it looks like bunch of taxis, orange light everywhere. Should be just HUD element like in AC1, not physical element in the world emitting light

5. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

6. Tore Løkken

Tore Løkken Rookie

just did the first hotstint event.. somthings strange...
    Started out With a offtrack on the first lap so that did not post time.
    Next lap, i did time A, but time A did not post.
    Third lap i did time B, but then time A post
    Forth lap , lap time B posted….
    i did one or two more, iand did a faster lap clean, but it did not post, but added 0,4 second to my time and posted that…. but that one did not show on the leaderboard Somthing strange...

Good work on the FFB and other fixes :)

7. How to disable or move black box on the right side of HUD with server notification in multip session please?

8. l-Max-Payne-l

l-Max-Payne-l Rookie

and here it is again.... fatal error when playing multiplayer...

and one thing, please do something with the ping. its not funny to drive with ppl that have 900+ ping.

9. anything-but

anything-but Guest

That's down to the person running the server, you can set a ping limit when setting it up.

10. l-Max-Payne-l

l-Max-Payne-l Rookie

ok, so it sounds like the serveradmins/owners did not set a ping limit? hm, not good. like i said, it makes no fun to race with such people. so i should keep playing/testing only the singleplayer.

11. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

At the moment they can't, and it's not as trivial as you would think in the first place.

We are looking at the latency, quality and so on closely right at the moment, and see if which occasions are only related to the client's latency, and if there are things to improve in the server. If we locked out everyone with a higher ping, we wouldn't have the chance to do so.

12. c4p

c4p Gamer

I just had some great close racing laps in multiplayer @Nürburgring with two other players, more drivers were also on the server. Lot's of fun, everything went well, but we really need adjustable 3D mirrors asap, especially for VR. It was really close and clean racing, but I felt uncomfortable at times, because I couldn't see the other cars in the blind spot and moving my head side-/forward did nothing. (Yes, we have these indicator arrows, but that's not the same at all.)
    That was one major reason I joined iRacing, from a technical standpoint, beside the rated and more competitive mp.

It's a crucial feature, if ACC wants to support competitive racing, this needs to be implemented at latest with ver. 1.0.

Maybe a dev can give us a short statement, if this feature is planned and when we could expect it to be released - thx.

Otherwise I'm very pleased with the progression of the game, thumbs up. Keep up the good work!

13. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Had a bit of a run today before and after the update, seems to be fine for me. I do miss crew chief that I use in AC which tells you “car left” “car right” “ 3 wide you’re in the middle”, and stuff like that. I find that much better and more involving then visual indicators of cars around you. Would love the current in game crewchief to be expanded with that capability as well as giving you other general race info

sherpa25 and Winston like this.
  14. ZioYuri78

ZioYuri78 Hardcore Simmer

Is there a way to see our ping?

15. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

new update 750 mb about

Changelog v0.3.1

- Enabled Chat Widget in Multiplayer Mode
    - Fixed laptimes not showing up in Special Event leaderboards
    - Fixed label switch in singleplayer mode
    - Fixed label name during Replay after a restart
    - Fixed Starting camera if when it has saved custom offset
    - Fixed Spotter saying "go go go" message twice after pitstop
    - accServer improvements and diagnostics
    - Added message for possible Multiplayer downtimes
    - Temporarily disabled pitstop during Replay
    - Temporary fix for BMW M6 GT3 fuel consumption. The setup fuel estimate remains broken, fix on next release
    - Tyre scrub/vibration FFB fine tuning
    - Fixed missing D-Pad navigation for "Brake ducts" and "Caster" options in Setup Page
    - Fixed help text not changing when hovering options in MatchMaking Advanced options page
    - Fixed MatchMaking Advanced options "Preferred drivers count" decrementing by 2 when confirmed
    - Improved positional sound for exteriors
    - Reworked distance attenuation, distance filter and reverb dynamic for exterior sounds (still WIP)
    - Improved remote car movement for speeds below ~30 kmh

16. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Dev multi test last week.
    -"guys... after the bugs are resolved, we really need to do something with the mirrors"
    -"Yeah, I can't understand what the cars behind me are doing"
    -"I got virtual mirror with one fov, lateral mirror with another, distance is impossible to judge"
    -"yes yes, definitely in the to do list, but for now let's focus on the bugs and crashes guys"
    -"yeah sure"
    ... team moves on

dajdosta, Dookie, Gunja and 20 others like this.
  17. fabT

fabT Alien

Wise choice. :)

18. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Yes they work on sound improvements ! It's not like it's bad, it's already amazing, but it can be even better.

Thanks Kunos it's like you try to work on different domains, to answer our requests as wide as possible.

19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Now with ACC running smooth for me again, I'm enjoying it, a lot. I stick with the Lambo at Nürburgring ATM because I don't know the other cars and tracks, too well. I think the handling is fantastic and I have the impression that the tweaks from 0.1 to now have made a surprisingly big difference. The TC feels somehow better to me as it allows for a certain slip angle and then keeps you safe if you don't ask for trouble. From Sport Auto I know that modern TC systems work like that...speculation on my end for sure but I like the idea that this is what's happening: The car just feels to me like a car with a large spread of target pilots - in the default setup it's safe and even if you overdrive it a lot you can still reduce TC to 2 and you'll be fine. After switching to agressive and reducing the rear wing without a test lap I spun in the left-hander after Schumi.

The FFB - in my book - is very, very good. I don't need additional effects and I'm happy with the supposed "lack of front end feel" that some complain about. I just went through Schumacher-S and unsettled my car, badly. I didn't have to think at all about what to do and I didn't have to "look" for where the car was going - I just reacted to the FFB and I could avoid the crash. I'm having a hard time to deeply analyze FFB because in the situations when it's most crucial I'm usually very focused and if I try to concentrate on my hands and arm muscles I tend to drive poorly.
    So a situation like this where I just react subconsciously and it all works out is when I say: this FFB works really well.

I think Kunos will add further "enhancements" like the road effect slider already present. That would be a reasonable move IMO but personally, I have all that's needed, right now.

Edit: I forgot the sounds. As a sound engineer (previous life) I know you usually notice sound only when it's poor. I didn't notice anything poor and in reverse logic that means the sound is epic. Levelling, samples, synthesizing of the engine, mixing...beautiful. The audio department deserves a clap on the back and a sixpack of beer.

20. anything-but

anything-but Guest

Is the option to limit pit garages enabled currently?