1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AI difficulty frustrating

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Moosbert, Aug 26, 2016.

1. The AI have been a WIP for the last 2+ years
    Does that tech work in any way like Teamspeak, Ventrillo, Skype, Steam voice chat, FB messenger, or is it something completely different?

MBK72 likes this.
  2. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Exactly like that except everyone is on just one platform and you just click connect and speak to each other whether on windows 10 or console. I think it is powered by magic.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  3. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

I noticed when I got side by side with the other Step 1 E30 in the N2 race that he out accelerates me by at least a 20bhp difference visually but more like a 50bhp difference on the Nurburgring GT layout main straight. So even the same car as what I am given seems faster than the car I use. It's very strange.
    Savage:eek:. But true;).

MBK72 likes this.
  4. What lap times are you running in that combo? (BMW e30 step1 @ Nurb Sprint GT)
    Your car (and the ai) should be using semi-slick tires, double check in the setup to make sure that is the tires you are using. The AI being faster than you on the straight could either be that it got a better corner exit than you, or maybe it is a bug that they are on semi's and you are on streets.

5. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

You're really going to ask me those mediocre questions and give those elementary explanations I learned some 20 years ago as a kid when i've explained my prior experience? Sheesh this is why I said people who aren't playing on console need to be seen and not heard, we can call for you if and when we need you. So has anyone else been in 1st place after the 2nd lap like myself yet?

nicos likes this.
  6. You know it all then, good luck to you. (I would recommend Kleenex for your issues, but I'm sure you already know that it is well worth the extra money over Puffs)

You are going to be so happy when you discover what PRC is...

paul_wev and OldGeezerGamer like this.
  7. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Don't care about your PRCs, don't care that you like to try and mix my words to fit your own arguments, try sticking to my words not the ones you fabricate in your mind. Your sig is funny, you should try getting a PC wheel and pedals because clearly you are using peasant console created hardware which you seem to think is inadequate, much like your lack of ownership of and knowledge about the console version AC yet you keep posting here, though not very productively I will add. Why is it you keep coming into the console section when you're a pc player?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    majuh likes this.
  8. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Perhaps to offer help? It's that easy.

Matt White and OldGeezerGamer like this.
  9. Pepgooner

Pepgooner Rookie

Too many snooty PC gamers on here saying how rubbish console players are. It's so schoolyard. Grow up you *****s. Not everyone is a gaming nerd playing 24/7 in their bedrooms. Some people just want a bit of fun for ten minutes.
    And this is not the game for that.
    I've driven REAL super cars on many track days and none of them handled the way the cars do in this game. In this game it feels like you're driving on ice no matter what set up you use. It's actually easier to play with a controller than a steering wheel. That constitutes a total FAIL to me.
    The AI basically alienates anyone who wants to play this game for 'fun'. The amount of times the AI has tapped me off the track is hilarious. It's like the AI have a set route around the track and will nudge you off instead of trying to avoid you as a real driver might. I'd understand if it happened occasionally, but when it happens almost EVERY race it gets tiresome.
    Go elsewhere for driving fun.
    Play this if you want to believe you are really driving a car with realistic behaviour. But remember - you're wrong.
    It has to be one of the most overrated driving games ever.

10. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

11. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hi everyone... PLEASE refrain from getting argumentative towards one another! That's the last thing we want. Thanks!

12. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Well, in all games, easy should be enough...easy even for the new people.
    Of course, since most console players don't have previous experience with a sim, it's true that they will find difficult even the easiest level of AI.
    On the other hand, devs might not want to spend time, nursing AI code for the complete inexperienced people.
    So a sacrifice has to be done from both sides.
    When I used to play with gamepad I had no trouble beating 90% or even 95% AI.
    I know that things might be different now.

As final advice to people that can't beat easy level : practice more.
    Try an easy car ( like the bmw z4 road car ) , go to Magione and do offline sessions. Try to beat your ghost, again and again until you can't earn anymore time.
    Then go with AI. I bet that you will beat easy AI...easily

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Dave53 likes this.
  13. @liakjim Easy is bugged in the console right now and in some cases is equal to 95% difficulty on the pc side. Add in the various combos that are designed to not be winnable on hard or alien and it is easy to see where frustrations can happen.

MBK72, Bibbles and liakjim like this.
  14. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Confirmed? Or feedback from inexperienced people?

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

15. mataman

mataman Rookie

PC players must understand one thing. Console version of the game is about 6 months behind pc version. Easy AI in most cases is easy, but there are some events in career mode, that ain't easy at all.

I'm experienced player (iRacing, AC on pc) and sometimes I have trouble to beat easy AI on ps4.

16. Birkhoff92

Birkhoff92 Gamer

same problem in intermediate 2 on sls amg , also on easy mode other cars fly while i can't run correctly

17. mataman

mataman Rookie

Only workaround to this events is to hit the leader in early laps (first corner for example) then, they pit in on the start of the last lap ;)

18. MiddleFinger

MiddleFinger Gamer

Now I'm stuck at intermediate series 2, with sls AMG being slower than mclaren or other merc and with massive understeer.

19. Birdorf

Birdorf Gamer

Looks dodgy as. Would not trust. Buyer beware.