1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AI difficulty frustrating

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Moosbert, Aug 26, 2016.

1. mataman

mataman Rookie

Lower fuel load to 10 and tires presure by 2 cliks less.

2. MiddleFinger

MiddleFinger Gamer

Thanks, but the game's already deleted and on eBay. I might get back next year, if they'll sort all issues.

3. micke5721

micke5721 Rookie

I think something is seriously wrong with the AI in this game.

I play with a wheel and playing the career is next to impossible for me on easy. I honestly dont enjoy the game anymore.

For comparison i have no problem with Project Cars with the difficulty setting between 65 - 80. (on Project Cars difficulty streches between 1 - 100).

MBK72 likes this.
  4. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Copied from another post I answered to:

Career I just don't bother with now until it gets patched its just to unbalanced and the difficulties are all over the place.

Last career race I did was the first lotus championship I was holding my own in 2nd set to easy when two laps before the end two of the back markers gained incredible pace passed me and 1st and went on the nearly half a lap ahead , I thought whats the point of trying when for some strange reason certain AI gain 100 bhp mid race .

Footnote:

I class myself as a pretty good game racer but some of these races even on easy for me are neigh on impossible ( not to proud to say it ) how casual players are going to manage as the career progress's I never know.
    Casuals should be able to have a good battle on medium not an impossible task on easy.

MBK72 likes this.
  5. I don't understand this because for the most part the career events are OK with the AI on easy - I say for the most part because there are definitely the odd one or two which, whilst not impossible for really good drivers, are certainly extremely difficult. However, why let that spoil the game for you? There are plenty of other things to do and the career, let's be honest, is a bit of a bare bones affair anyway.

With the variety of cars at your disposal you can have a lot of fun doing quick races or race weekends, pitting yourself against the same class or, if you prefer, identical vehicles. Just do some driving on your favourite circuits in different cars - they all behave so differently that learning to drive them fast is a unique experience every time you hit the track. I had a blast the other day racing the classic Abarth (Fiat) 500 against a field of 16 around Brands Hatch. The AI can actually offer some pretty decent racing, certainly outside of career mode and even, a lot of the time in it, so don't give up on the game just yet. You can also play around with some of the special events, but again, be warned they can be pretty tough but very rewarding when you crack them.

I'm no alien, very far from it and, in Project Cars, I usually run the AI at between 80-90% so a similar level to you, and I'm not sure why you are having such difficulty with the AC AI on easy. As for the career, remember that you don't have to "Gold" every event so if you are really struggling on the odd one, just move on. You can always go back and give it another go at another time if it's that important to you.

As someone else responded, the career events can be very inconsistent and there are definitely some annoying bugs, such as the AI pitting before the last lap but AC is a sim and I didn't really buy it for the career mode which I already knew was very basic compared to something like PCARS. AC is really all about the driving and in that area, it's a very impressive game/sim. The only thing I haven't really touched yet is drifting which is a) not really my thing and b) something I usually suck at but it's another component of AC that you could have some fun with.

BistoKid, Skemekos123 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  6. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

AC is a sim , you didn't really buy it for the career mode so with no private lobbies and no custom championships what did you buy it for ?

Seriously you say if your a really good driver isn't easy for those that aren't?

I do take my hat off to you if you find the AI easy you really are better than most .

MBK72 likes this.
  7. I think you misunderstood me, I said that some events are impossible except for maybe a few really good drivers who can win them - I wasn't including myself in that group :) I didn't say that I found the AI easy, I said that on the "Easy" setting they are not that hard, challenging for sure but not ridiculous except in maybe those odd events I referred to. I struggle against them in certain events but they've given me some good clean racing and that's where the fun lies for me.

If I bump the AI difficulty up I often struggle, although outside of career mode the difficulty levels definitely seem a lot more consistent. That is the main complaint about the "easy" difficulty in career mode - it's a bit all over the place and often not what you could call easy at all.

As to my reasons for buying it, I bought AC because of all the good things I had seen and heard from PC simracers I know and I waited a long time for it to arrive on console. I bought it because I enjoy my virtual driving and racing and the only two sims available for PS4 are AC and PCars. I wanted to own and be able to compare both. Career mode is just a bolt on series of events in AC - I'm not knocking it, it is what it is. For me, as long as a sim provides the opportunity to race against AI opponents, hot lap or just drive for the fun of it, it's plenty good enough for me.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    Matt White and Skemekos123 like this.
  8. nicos

nicos Rookie

The hardest "easy" race I ever played!
    Assetto Corsa.jpg

9. nicos

nicos Rookie

I have and I managed to stay there to the checkered flag. There was some(a lot of) frustration along the way though.

10. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Good work, yes with a little trickery I had this one downed last week some time. Just wondering who is going to let the cat out of the bag about the other big thing that this race has shown me and maybe some others... With the amount of massive oversights as far as I can tell, this game is confusing the heck outta me, to the point where it makes me think they should have just put the trackdays and cars in the game and left everything else out. So many things that just make the actual 'racing' side of it pointless.

11. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Good post .

MBK72 likes this.
  12. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

Easy difficulty is pretty much perfect for me. I love it. Only 2-3 races were extremely hard to get first.
    I can understand how it's too hard for some people though, as I'd definitely not class is as 'easy'.

13. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

I play on PS4 with a T300 gte and I actually find the Ai not bad, I class myself as a reasonable driver for instance I had a single player race tonight in the 458 Ferrari at Barcelona over 5 laps set on factory settings for abs, traction etc, Ai was set to medium and found it reasonably easy win the race

14. micke5721

micke5721 Rookie

In career mode I have now turned of fuel consumption and change the fuel load to 5 and now i own the AI in easy! The fuel load seems to affect the performance way too much.

15. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

Easy, medium, hard it is all relative.
    I have an idea ! this is a variable based on a performance rating . The more you lose to the AI the more easier it becomes, The more you win the harder it becomes to a point where it is accepted the person is an alien!
    This could lead to cheating- keep on loosing then jump in a race and beat the hell out of the AI!
    Fix: you are instantly promoted to Alien level until it is deemed that you have spent enough time there having lost the last 100 races, then gradually moved down (doing 100 races on each level) to the level you should be at

16. skd420

skd420 Rookie

lol thats your problem right there, the AI is very slow in project cars. I can beat it on 100% very easily. The AI in AC is good. It is a challenge on hard. If you cant drive very well thats what you need to work on first. And if you are trying to play a driving simulator with a controller, lol thats your problem. Real cars have steering wheels in them not controllers. If you arent good enough, face the facts and get better. This isnt a game for Forza allstars or Gran Turismo heros and if you are and arcade racer dont even try. Go read up on racing technique and real world car physics and behavior, learn as much as you can, make a ton of mistakes, learn from them and continue. Thats the real grind, not unlocking 1000 cars.

RWa and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  17. nicos

nicos Rookie

What do you mean by "with a little trickery"?

18. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

The very next sentence is a hint, like I said though, i'm done being a glorified bug tester, i'll just let everyone else figure out for themselves.

19. nicos

nicos Rookie

20. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Here's what I was talking about..
    [​IMG]