1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AI difficulty frustrating

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Moosbert, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Fred Driver

Fred Driver Rookie

This game SUCKS! I wish I could have my money back because this is a complete rip-off. This is not about driving, it is about tricks and searching for the right setup and hoping for the best. What a joke. Do not waste any more time with this junk.

2. myimac

myimac Alien

I have a little trickery to making you enjoy the game more.

3. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

I don't get it???

4. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Awwwwww poor you, Quote ''This is not about driving'' wtf are you saying?. Assetto is all about the driving so get used to it. Just because its not on a rail guided system (handling wise)? Well if so this tittle is not for you, Mario Kart should be right up your alley.

5. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Can you explain. Give more insight how it's not about driving ( calmly ) Assetto may have many shortfalls but to say its not about driving?

6. myimac

myimac Alien

Please see my attached screenshot. I have a trick

7. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Where exactly? You haven't posted any screenshots other than quoting mine...?

Bibbles likes this.
  8. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

What is this meant to mean ?

9. myimac

myimac Alien

I just thought it was now fashionable to be cryptic. Seems to be the new fad

10. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

One way to get your post count up I suppose.

11. myimac

myimac Alien

It's a trickery but I don't want to let it out the bag, maybe some people will work it out

12. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Nobody cares, you haven't put anything of interest to begin with. My picture on the other hand shows something blindingly obvious to those who have struggled with that event. I also checked some PC patch notes and funnily enough what was fixed in the (1.6 I think) patch was what my trick eludes to. I wasn't going to say because it may have been possible to do elsewhere causing more drama than necessary, though I expect most have figured the pit bug out by now.

Bibbles likes this.
  13. myimac

myimac Alien

If it's a bug then report it, it's no drama. Speaking in code does nothing more than confuse things.

And if there is some drama about not wanting to provide QA or be a test bunny then I get that but ultimately we have three routes available:-

Accept the game as it is.

Moan about how the game is.

Contribute to how it can be better.

paul_wev and Dave53 like this.
  14. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Like I said, in the PC patch notes for the first PC patch relevant to console that it gets fixed, which means they know about it. Which also means sadly they knew about many of the existing bugs and either did nothing about them or couldn't due to the structure of the game in it's current version.

15. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

You've mentioned this a few times. I get the feeling you think that the version we have on the console is the very first version that appeared on PC? Am I right?

16. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Obviously I can't say 100% but the patch notes I read noted the pit bug I found as being a fix. Some of the other things also seemed to fit in with the games current feeling.

17. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

I can tell you with 100% confidence... Its not. They did not bring version 0.85 (or whatever it was first called) to Console. Its much more advanced.

18. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

My mistake, I didn't check the date of said PC patch which was May this year but it is still a shock and confusing to see that there are issues that were fixed on PC before the console release yet still exist in the console version. The following patches that were for Oculus Rift seem to be relative to Playstaion VR possibly also. It seems we have somewhat of a hybrid version in that some issues were fixed to almost current PC spec before release/day one patch whilst others have obviously not been fixed since day one for whatever reason.

19. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

console is 1.4

John Gordon likes this.
  20. lelinuxien52

lelinuxien52 Racer

I'm probably dumb but on the screens showned on this thread (see quote below) , i can see that the AI times between consoles and pc version are the same every time you can compare (when console equivalent is available of course )...

PC AI level 88% = console easy AI level

AI on PC 88% level: 46"620 ==> Easy on console AI: 46"793 ....and same on medium, hard and alien
    so AI times is perfectly correct and accurate between the two versions (console and pc)

when it just appears that console versions have not "80% to 88% level difficulty" as on pc, and the easy difficulty on console begins and is the same as 88% difficulty on pc, that's all...

BUT that being said, 88% AI level on pc is VERY EASY to beat..., so i don't understand, and i must have missing the point here but where...
    what is supposed to be broken in console AI speed?
    laptimes are the same...

excuse my english guys.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016