1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Asus r9 270 - core 2 duo - performance/upgrade path decision

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by rzr1, Oct 2, 2014.

1. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

so much depreciation on those graphic cards :(
    but gtx 970 should be damn right awesome :p

2. yate loon

yate loon Gamer

Just hope I don't regret not waiting for the GTX 960/ti or R9 370X lol :p I know they won't compete with a 970, but the 960 should be an absolute bargain and barely use any power and the 370X should be similar as it's supposed to directly compete with it.

So what settings have you been using? I've packed one of my cards away ready to sell but I haven't had time to play around with graphical settings in AC yet.

3. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

I use 1080p , 2xAA,8x AF, maximum world details, high shadows, ultra post processing, all god rays etc enabled, and low quality reflection, and static rendering because i feel they already look good enough so i would try not to waste performance on small improvements, however i havent quite tryed increasing the reflection quality and frequency but mainly because i`m happy with how the cars look already.I sometimes use 4xAA :D

4. yate loon

yate loon Gamer

Awesome :D I'll copy those settings and see what kind of performance I get :D

Just tested those setting out at Spa in practice mode and I was had a maximum framerate of 110 and minimum of around 77 :D Even when I started recording using OBS with the most intensive CPU settings I was still getting above 60fps constantly in AC! Really impressed with the FX 6300 lol.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  5. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

Still going strong.FX processors have great price performance/cost ratio, but for persons like me who can`t be bothered to overclock there is intel lol :D
    I wish AMD would release a new generation of processors just a tiny bit better,i went for intel mainly because amd FX have been out for quite some time and i wanted something more fresh lol

6. yate loon

yate loon Gamer

Right now with nothing coming from AMD and them just re-re-re-releasing stuff (seriously lol, 8150, 8350, 8370 and all of their derivatives for example), it's the perfect time to go for Intel to be honest. I'm considering getting a H110 or H220-X so I can push my overclock a bit more and get similar performance to an i5 2500k lol. I really like getting weaker components and pushing them as far as I can, but I honestly don't get why AMD keep re-releasing the same thing over and over when they have engineered some pretty strong cores (as seen on the 7850k), which would sell like crazy if they stuck 8 of them on a PCB and released it as a black edition, I'd buy it anyway :p

rzr1 likes this.
  7. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

2016 AMD will release Zen - new developed CPU..
    1 year still the old crap cpu's

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

yate loon and rzr1 like this.
  8. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

good to know but still long away until then :(

9. yate loon

yate loon Gamer

I've heard of AMD's Zen core, hopefully Samsung do end up manufacturing it on the 14nm process and not TSMC on 16nm putting AMD even further behind, they're already setting themselves up for failure as Broadwell is coming early next year and Intel will be down to 10nm with Cannonlake in 2016 just as AMD are releasing their 14/16nm chips! To be completely honest, it looks like AMD are setting themselves up for another Bulldozer style failure, they've even re-hired the same lead CPU designer to work on Zen, although this is all Rory Read's mess and hopefully the new CEO will sort it all out. This is what I mean when I say nothing coming from AMD and I'll probably hop over to Intel next year when Skylake is released if not before with Haswell lol :p

10. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

If Zen will be a failure again, i will go straight for Intel Skylake or the Broadwell-K

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

yate loon likes this.
  11. yate loon

yate loon Gamer

So today, to my surprise, I managed to sell my R9 270's for £72 each... £33 less than what I paid for them 7 and 8 months ago lol! Just as the MSI GTX 970 I had my eye on dropped in price at my favourite tech store, talk about perfect timing :p

12. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

so you got the gtx 970 :D ? that card it`s so killer and also so expensive lol

13. yate loon

yate loon Gamer

Ordered it today so it should be here tomorrow :D

14. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

Awesome !! I`m pretty sure you will be more than pleased with it hehe :D

yate loon likes this.
  15. yate loon

yate loon Gamer

Hopefully :D I'm gonna be getting an i7 4790k, ASUS Z97-A and an EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 (best 750w PSU in the world by the way ;) ) for myself for Christmas too, couldn't resist temptation lol :p How's racing going? :D

rzr1 likes this.
  16. yate loon

yate loon Gamer

Finally got my new toy! :D

[​IMG][​IMG]

rzr1 likes this.
  17. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

Great news mate :) i kind of been away from pc last few days.I hope you enjoy your new graphics card and maybe get an i5 4690k for Christmass it can more than handle any graphic card and you`ll save some bucks and i promisse you wont be dissapointed lol :p

yate loon likes this.
  18. yate loon

yate loon Gamer

Can't believe I can max out everything on AC now lol :D It isn't at powerful as I thought though, my R9 270's in Crossfire were quite a bit more powerful even at standard clocks, but atleast I don't have the Crossfire problems anymore. I'm gonna be using my PC for music production so the extra 4 threads will come in handy, I just wish it wasn't so expensive for those few extra threads lol.

I'm not that good, but fancy a race sometime? :p

rzr1 likes this.
  19. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Good info to know m8.

rzr1 likes this.
  20. iVG

iVG Alien

Geeks.

rzr1 likes this.