1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Asus r9 270 - core 2 duo - performance/upgrade path decision

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by rzr1, Oct 2, 2014.

1. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

What are you using your pc for lol ? xD im not familiar with xenon lineup but i know they are verry verry powerful

2. yate loon

yate loon Gamer

The Xeon E3 range are similar to second gen and up i7's with a locked multiplier (so you can only overclock a few hundred MHz using the BCLK) and without an iGPU :p The one I'm looking at (E3-1231 V3) is equivalent to an i7 3770 but it is a Devil's Canyon Xeon and costs about the same as an i5 4690k and fits on a lot of Z97 motherboards. I'm going to be doing 1440p+ gaming, music production and I might get back into programming and web design :D

It's the E5's that can get reallllllly powerful :p

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    rzr1 likes this.
  3. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

Thanks for the info.I guess it`s usefull for the tasks you are going to perform.I had no ideea that could fit on z97 motherboards..that is awesome ! :D

4. yate loon

yate loon Gamer

Yeah :D for gaming though, your 4690k will beat any E3 because of the higher stock IPC and you could probably get another ~1GHz out of it if you overclocked. You literally have the perfect gaming setup for 1080p there with an i5, 1866MHz RAM, an R9 270 and an SSD.

5. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

[​IMG]