1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Chris harris on cars - laferrari v porsche 918 v mclaren p1 at portimao.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by D1visor, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Zygrene

Zygrene Racer

Seems pretty likely. Don't see how it could be a coincidence.

2. esox71

esox71 Alien

Did Jeremy Clarkson not have it for new show?

3. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

Obviously aren't lap times that matter that much in these tests, based on few laps, particulary when the results are decided by tenths of seconds.
    What matters in these tests is the driveability near the limits of those beasts, and the 918 is clearly the best one, because it permit the pilots to push consistently and with relative fluency. The P1 and LaFerrari need quite more time to be exploited near their limit, as we can see from the countersteering fest they needed.
    At lest this is what I perceived.
    In any case, IMO they are 3 piece of art, I definitely can't select just one of them, all togheter they are really the holy trinity ;)

4. Berry

Berry Alien

While I do agree that he missed some important lines when driving the LaFerrari, it is also obvious the car is so much more wild than the P1 or 918.So, my question is, before blaming his driving, did anyone stop to think that he is a much more relevant to a performance driver rather than a pro racing driver.It was quite obvious, the 918 was the cleanest, but these things could be down to the car's traits, or handling, maybe the LaF didn't allow him to place it perfectly on the apex.Just my 2 cents, but the driving characteristics of the P1 and LaF are almost exactly the same in AC as he describes them, I find that the P1 is a much more enjoyable track vehicle, while the LaF is perfect for skidding about and adding some significant noise pollution :D.

5. Ferrari bandwagon just needs another excuse for LaFerrari being the slowest. Previously it was the tyres. Now it's the driving line (No-one speaking P1's turn 4 exit or Porsche missing the same apex as the Ferrari or P1 using tyres which aren't designed to be used.). Even in AC it's really easy to miss the apex with LaF because the car floats like a jar full of jelly. It seems to be the same irl too..

The reason P1 was the fastest might be the unbelieveable 1.8 lateral G's that it pulled with a street tyres! Track profile propably did favor for Porsche because of the traction benefits. P1 and LaFerrari struggled to get the power down.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  6. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I did some laps in LaF and then in P1 at Nordschleife BTG last night. Both cars on the correct tyres with default setups and 100% grip (MP).
    P1 is so much better to drive for me. It feels like when I point it's nose into the apex it just goes there.

Actually I had to rewind to check if I saw correctly. These are road legal cars, it's crazy.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  7. Xez

Xez Simracer

Love the comments above from the armchair critics >NOT! :p I don't care for a moment that the lap times aren't utterly definitive. Really… Who gives a flying F@%k!?!

Seriously, the video is fantastic and gives people who'll never get to drive these beasts (like almost all of us) an incredible insight into what it's like driving these cars for real. Oh… it's also just plain entertaining.

8. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Koenigsegg One:1 does 2G ;)

9. With street boots?

10. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

Well, as Porsche and Ferrari pointed out, Mclaren gets those lateral acceleration values using street illegal rideheight. But nevertheless Mclaren is also the lightest one of the three, so in the end it's superiority in corners is just obvious.

11. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Yep.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  12. SkunkDoctor

SkunkDoctor Gamer

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    Glaurung and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  13. With a P1 wearing street boots and track surface at 97% it's fairly easy to go under 1.50. I had some very similar looking burnouts during my laps. Brilliant fun! :)

SkunkDoctor likes this.
  14. Where tho ? Easy if it's a peak G on an very banked corner, or at the bottom of Eau Rouge. Doesn't say anything.

Numbers are overrated, what matters is how the car drives (which these cars happen to be pretty good at).

15. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

Hyper 5 test: the gap between the 3 is 38 hundreths of second, the 918 being the fastest with a margin of 2 hundreths from LaFerrari.
    Chris Harris test: the gap between the 3 is 68 hundreths of second, the P1 being the fastest with a margin of 41 hundreths from the 918.

The Hyper 5 test pilot had a driving style more professional and much less erratic than Chris Harris.

16. It was also not the same track, lol.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  17. D1visor

D1visor Alien

No elevation change whatsoever.

18. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Yeah, but the show has so much hashtagswag that it is almost imposible to watch without decreasing your intelect.

Kristaps and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  19. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

918 did 1.7G's in that same corner, laf did 1.6....

Luckily this was media event organized by Pirelli and at the same time Top Gear was there taping for the new Amazon show.

So the reason Raffaele De Simone (ferrari test driver) was there because Top Gear invited McLaren/Ferrari/Porsche to bring their own test drivers to set timed laps.

Of course Harris always likes to poke fun at Ferrari saying Simone was there testing two weeks prior.

To me the winner is the Porsche 918.

Epistolarius and Leemstradamus like this.
  20. I think the Three Stooges, you know, the ones who drove the damn thing like hooligans are the ones who are right about all of this.

No winners. You'd want all three (I mean the cars...).

;)

Leemstradamus likes this.