1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Chris harris on cars - laferrari v porsche 918 v mclaren p1 at portimao.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by D1visor, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Wanted to try:

Fear, Leemstradamus, Kristaps and 4 others like this.
  2. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

If I had all money in the world I'd actually pick...
    none of them. :p
    It's entertaining to watch it and it's interesting from engineering point of view, but that's about it for me.

Since you are here and your lap times are good example of what's possible, I have a question.
    Which one is faster in 1.3, LaF or P1?
    Guess the same as pre 1.3, but I don't remember and couldn't find your post with One:1 mod, P1 and LaF lap times @ the Green Hell.

@Nahkamarakatti You forgot to release your inner Chris Harris. 0/10 do it again. :p

Leemstradamus and Kristaps like this.
  3. Here:

V8_KB likes this.
  4. magzire

magzire Alien

Pretty sure its not possible to drift the laferrari in AC like Chris does irl or can you?

5. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

Very possible lmao. P1 and LaFerrari drift like F*** in AC. Actually been lapping and drifting them all round Portamao using the DK2 since watching the video... it inspired me to figure out a workaround to be able to change setups and use the road tyres in those cars :)

Will upload a few clips now.

Ninja Edit:

Ninja Edit2: P1 can too

Both default setup except for change to Hypercar Road tyres instead the crazy Trofeo Rs

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
    Fear and ears1991 like this.
  6. Easily.

Kristaps likes this.
  7. Oh yes you can! It's hard to not to do Chris Harris drifts in AC. Tooo much fun! :)

Kristaps likes this.
  8. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

P1 and LaF do the things 'exactly' like in the vid. Sideways all over the place and so controllable while talking too.:)

I'm getting to like the P1 more and more. Have been a LaF 'fan' (well from those 3 supercars), and now I know(listen too Tiff, listen to Marino and listen to Chris, at the end of the vid they don't mention the 918, or not in a positive way) it's the LaF or the P1 lol. That's all we have in AC. Otherwise choose the Ruf RT12 AWD: Great car!

Cheers
    Robin

9. D1visor

D1visor Alien

I like 918 the most, even the styling. We don't have it in AC tho...

Leemstradamus likes this.
  10. For me 918 doesn't have anything to make me excited. P1 and LaF have 'the soul' while for me the Porsche is 'just another hybrid supercar', if you know what I mean. Not even traditional Porsche as we know it. But that's just my opinion.

Fear and Robin_NL like this.
  11. unknwn

unknwn Alien

It depends how you look at it, Chris mentioned that he is scared to drive 918 it at 10/10 especially with electronics off, so not much of driveability here, definitely no a drivers car. I think what matters most is the enjoyment, these cars aren't racing cars created to win. LaFerrari appears to provide most adrenaline as it looks like always on its toes, that car moves a lot and that looks entertaining and rewarding, while P1 is fastest one ant closest to a trackcar. For me 918 looks like a modern fat hypercar that gives super fast laptimes, from technical standpoint its crazy, but that's it.

Leemstradamus likes this.
  12. Horst1

Horst1 Simracer

Anyone remember typical simracer discussions about how bad AC is because the Ferrari is so inferior to the P1? This test just shows how awesome Kunos simulation actually works, to me everything I saw and everything Chris said was exactly how I feel it is in AC. I am sure they didnt have those cars for a test drive when they made them for AC, so I am honestly blown away by how close our Kunos versions are to the real things. Thats where Stefanos/Aris genius really shows with their minimalistic approach where even relatively little data about the cars will still give very believable results. My love for this game has just increased dramaticly seing how one of the most controversial cars is basicly spot on! Even the light FFB people couldnt stop whining about is a thing in the real one too.

Fear, Leemstradamus, Dookie and 5 others like this.
  13. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Pretty damn good this conversion is..

Kristaps, Fear, LeDude83 and 4 others like this.
  14. Only issue is a few seconds faster laptimes. Don't know is it because of the track or because of the cars.

15. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Yep, but i hope people use road tires when comparing times, and chris probably haven't drove it as good as some ac hotlappers :) My ac time here was 53.6, but on optimum track.

16. I had 1.49.8 for P1 streets and 97% track surface. Low 1.47's with Trofeos.

17. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

And with default setups. I doubt they were changing camber/toe on these cars during the test.

At 0.43 mark from Boris' video, the track differs quite a lot from the real one though.

18. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Here is the data from the Harris laps.

[​IMG]

19. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

For a conversion i haven't even know exists till a few days ago, it's pretty amazing, i'm not gonna nitpick at all.. most importantly it's good on the wheel, even LaFerrari feels great here which i didn't like before at all

20. Drop that track grip down to about 94% and temp somewhere around 24 and that should be pretty close to the real conditions IMO.