1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dirt rally

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Psit, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

1) Patch with pace notes, audio fix is out. It WORKS!
    2) FFB fix following recommendation from RaceDepartment, this is modified Dirt3 file but I had VCorp mode installed with enhanced/fixed ffb. It's bloody awesome now. Try it, just backup the original file. AC does not allow xml attachments so you would need to unzip it and drop to "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DiRT Rally\forcefeedback" or wherever your Dirt Rally installation is.

Attached Files:

2. yusupov

yusupov Alien

cool they fixed the audio but the ffb settings are ominous. theyre acting oblivious to how bad it is.

menos | M6 likes this.
  3. Enforcer-J

Enforcer-J Racer

Yeah thats nuts!

Thats what the rally driver was saying though, if RL cars drove like RBR cars in real life theyd be in trouble. You guys have got me all wrong though...Posting RL clips of RL rally driving isnt evidence to prove otherwise. ;) post a RL clip of a RL car with RBR physics and we'll talk!

Here is his quote anyway... and yes I got mixed up with his quote, he was agreeing with the article....

I just thought it was an interesting opinion from people with RL rally experience and how codies' interpretation might pan out. I dont want anyone to get their knickers in a knot!

menos | M6 and esox71 like this.
  4. yusupov

yusupov Alien

really weird, for some reason the pacenotes were just disabled completely. dunno what that was, glad theyre working now tho...except im now so much worse, way too much confidence i crashed every 20 seconds & ragequit a minute into the stage :) think i will try the earlier setting

5. Enforcer-J

Enforcer-J Racer

Id just hate to see what could end up being a more realistic interpretation be dismissed because it isnt as hard as RBR and therfore not realistic. It just may not be the case.
    Ofcourse being a codies game its hard not to be skeptical!

mistery, alex72 and yusupov like this.
  6. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

You'll be lucky to have a dry day in Wales, this screams arcade to me ;)

Tucker73 and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  7. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

ingame settings for the wheel?

8. Basically it comes down to their personal preferences, the subjective character of experiences, and observations of reality. There will always be the arguement to be made that all people will not agree about how does the "real" feel like, not even when they are experiencing things in reality.
    Now when you add "pseudorealism" into the equation, it just becomes that much more heated debate.

Sit back, get some popcorn, and let people flap their gums. It is up to you if you want to get pulled into the debate or not, but don't expect it to create any less confusion.
    What should matter is what do you find to be most enjoyable first? We are talking about entertainment after all.
    If you also want it to respond to real world equalent as closely as possible, determening that has to be left to your own experiences, and your ability to read people if you plan on gathering that information by reading these threads.

Best way to hit the spot is to have the scientific facts that are controlling the product in question. Unfortunately that information is not usually available to us consumers, and even if it was, we prolly wouldn't understand it anyways... so just educate yourself in the matters of physics, how everything involving the particular model is suppose to be, and trust your judgement.

There is reality, that is a fact. Turn it into experiences, it becomes subjective, and facts become grey areas where egos fight.

Nahkamarakatti and Vítor Sousa like this.
  9. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

alex72 likes this.
  10. 1karl1

1karl1 Simracer

11. Mogster

Mogster Alien

They do seem to be suggesting settings and collecting data.

Remembering the number of times Kunos have tweaked AC's FFB it's probably not an easy fix.

nate likes this.
  12. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

Oh man, I'm still on the fence for this, but my hands are itching...

Do you recommend it? FFB and physics might not be perfect sim-like, but it looks fun, decent/good graphics, packed with content and more incoming and seems like Codies are heading on the right direction... but it's still a leap of faith, right?

Also, a proper rally game, not that gymkhana bs and 1min stages of DiRT 3.

Mogster likes this.
  13. yusupov

yusupov Alien

its a leap of faith, i really dont recommend it. if the devs said "ffb is placeholder" or anything along those lines id say go for it, but its just really bad. maybe its worth the $30 even so to you, some of that just depends on the person.
    kunos have tweaked AC's ffb a lot but it never felt anything like this useless mush.

nate and wedge_one like this.
  14. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

I need to say... go for it. :)

1karl1 likes this.
  15. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

for me personally it's miles better then the WRC4 was, that I couldn't play at all, this I can and it feels much more realistic/predictable
    and it's not finished so with proper feedback, things might change. Best rally game on the market

the things I would like to see , hopefully coming

more realistic length of stages , 4 stages per rally isn't realstic afaik , should be more like 15 - 20
    with this also things like starting early in the mornign, finishing into sunset/night

stages look great but for me they are missing one super realisitc thing - country flags of fans supporting their teams/drivers
    not EVERYWHERE and not always, but certain spots are really great for putting few flags in there

[​IMG]

career experience
    I would love to have my own car (which I can), that I can pick/desing livery for, my name will appear on the windows with my country flag (this is actually quite easy to do !)
    as I progress, I might get more sponsor offers, therefore updating my livery as I keep going on, eventually becoming a factory/works driver

cinematics
    codemasters were always one of the best ones with putting small in-game cinematics to help you immerse into the game, seeing some small things like the car driving on the ramp when they are being introduced + the champagne celebration if you win, would really help

physics
    physics is imo good/solid base. Perhaps more variety in surface needs to be implemented (probably on the planned list already)
    it would also be very good - though perhaps hard to do , if the surface conditions would change as in real life
    so that drivers driving on the stage first would be in advantage/disadvantage depending on what the conditions are .etc

overall I think it's very good and on right track. I really hope codemasters will continue and make it really awesome

16. Mogster

Mogster Alien

This is a niche product, Codies seem to be taking a punt.

I feel buying it sends a message that there is interest in a game/sim with realistic rally content and physics. I'm prepared to support dev's producing niche content that I like, even if it's not perfect, because if no one buys it the genre may disappear.

That's my take on the situation anyway.

TDS, Vítor Sousa, paulieGTR and 2 others like this.
  17. tliivo

tliivo Gamer

Speed ~90-120km/h (pootling along)

Speed ~130km/h (hard to tell)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF9fMFEFwLU (onboard)

Speed ~75-95km/h (pootling along)

Speed 80-100km/h (pootling along)

Speed ~140+km/h (that's how they wrap around trees....and still finish)

I could go on, but my point is that they do crash, a lot. Crashing in rally is almost always spectacular because a rally stage is inherently a very bumpy place and it's those bumps that just launch cars into the air in most spectacular ways.

I highly doubt that it's 165km/h here: (110-120km/h maybe)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Xvu4BcgPE

So there, these are RL cars with RBR physics. :)

18. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

I really want to buy it but more I read about it just not sure....

Is there a forum like AC where codemaster developers are making posts and taking suggestions?

19. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

paulieGTR, Mogster and Znam Neznam like this.
  20. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

If you liked Dirt, and wished it was a bit more Rally, then buy it.

Don't count on any extra content or changes, I see people pinning hopes on the devs pushing it further into the simcore-ffbgasm end of the spectrum.
    This is Codemasters, they won't be doing that.

yusupov, wedge_one and Znam Neznam like this.