1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discuss rFactor2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

more the graphical updates, it needs quality content, especially number of tracks was lacking imo, and yes, some cars look really terrible - like 370z GT4, which would have been one of my favorite cars otherwise

yes, graphics doesn't matter to the hardcore ones, but I think that majority prefers nice package over ultra realistic physics

DX11 engine can really make it come alive, but yeah, lots and lots of work
    I hope they do it right though! the more competition is there the better, it will put pressure on the other teams doing their sims

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I enjoy driving in rF2 but, as much as I like the the base physics and FFB, it really does look so flat and dated now. Just updating the graphics won't be enough to turn things around but, with some broader content and series, sound updates and some polish - it could become the title it was meant to be and the one we hoped it would be. It's certainly an interesting development and one I didn't see coming.o_O

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  3. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

Good to hear rFactor2 been sold... Because the game was complete **** 2 years ago and ISI was working a very little... progress was almost zero. Almost no new content... just mods. Graphics crap, basic for physics is good, but lots of problems.

For admin of league rFactor2 was a nightmare... We had 1 year on rFactor2... I had to spend nights and night working on mod updates (update system in rF2 is complete ****). WET tyres are crap too... you could go on slicks when it rains... WET tyres done by 3 laps... It was terrible... and ISI gave up on rFactor2. Only facebook guy was posting news of different leagues :/

So this is good news for rF2 fans. It should give the game second life and boost Kunos :) because rF2 has very good base, but need more investments and programming to finish the game.

Kunos should think about AC2 with rain vs night and lots of features :)

samantha and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  4. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

What is that "not rF3" game that ISI is secretly working on now? New racing sim?
    Brilliant marketing, first unloaded rF1 engine to Reiza, now rF2. I am quite skeptical that anything good comes out of that so called partnership, but only time will tell.

5. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

It's kinda sad that the state of Rfactor 2 is so bad that the news that ISI is passing on the bill is seen as a positive thing.

To put things in perspective, how would you feel if Kunos came out and announced that they are leaving AC for some other company to develop while they focus on their next game?
    Thought so...

6. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

I'm hopeful. I really wanted to like rF2. On paper, and in theory it's the best of the best technical physics simulation, but it just didn't for me. Never ran well, no matter the settings, setup, hardware changes, nothing. Always ran horridly for me.

At times, rF2 felt like the ultimate piece of programming. Others, it just seemed like the 90's. It's such an intense package, put together with the worst possible engine and under-the-hood design choices. DX9 isn't the worst part. It was DX9.0d. Refresh rate was a nightmare, adding AI was a nightmare.

I still enjoy races in it, though. Some. Spec Miata at Lime Rock with high aggression AI is a blast.

I started leagues with rF2 and yeah, the setup of servers, updates, skins, was an absolute nightmare as well. It was a tough and intensely fun league, and had some of the best racing ever there. The tire model is amazing.

Still, it felt empty, undone, left for dead...Hope this partnership can revitalize a great base.

Xenix, Nahkamarakatti and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  7. ouvert

ouvert Alien

not really .. I don`t think I played it this year ... physics is great, feels great but so does AMS with better game and content around it ... still any new game/direction in small simracing playground is wellcomed.

8. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

JoeMoore, Ace Pumpkin and Dookie like this.
  9. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

I think the FFB & physics are more realistic than AC at least thats what i feel in the game.

JoeMoore likes this.
  10. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Absolutely. It's just the 'game' part of that physics engine that doesn't really work that well.

There's a two part interview on RaceDepartment with Tim Wheatly from ISI that sheds some light on the path Luminis may take with the further development of rF2:
    Part 1 & Part 2

11. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

12. yusupov

yusupov Alien

arent you intuiting a hell of alot there?? (its definitely news to me if youre not)

to me this is more like if kunos partnered with a major studio to develop AC...

13. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Read the interviews I linked. rF2 belongs to Luminis/Studio 397 now, along with a few of ISI's staff.

nate likes this.
  14. St3fan

St3fan Alien

From RD's interview with Tim Wheatley bto ack in March this year:
    In this latest RD interview with the same person who talks about his experience with VR after "getting hold of a DK2":
    Comparing these words, I really feel his excitement about VR in the latest review a bit fabricated.

Since I bought rF2 with lifetime subscription because I had heard so much good things about it (especially how great SkipBarber is for one to improve driving skills), I haven't had many positive experiences about it. After I try quite some mods with quality all over the place, especially a Nords mod that many people claim "better than any laserscanned version", I feel confused; after I figure out that I still need to manually locate and delete old version of a mod after Steam Workshop automatic updates, I feel disappointed; after so many people praise the implementation of SimRacingSystem in rF2, but I have never managed to have a race with a single person in SRS, I feel baffled; after sensing the lack of excitement in Tim Wheatley's interview back in March, I feel worried. Now they have a larger team working on rF2 meaning more expense on human resources... I really wish that my worries are unnecessary and they could eventually get more sales, and there be more people purchasing probably upcoming DLCs.

I really wish a good luck with Studio 397 with rF2, as well as Mr. Tim Wheatley with whatever the next project would be for him. Many say that AC is a game with great potential but still has lots of issues to be truly great. I think this applies to rF2 too. Hopefully Studio 397 can sort things out.

15. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

Double post

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk 2

16. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

I used to have a G25 and I think I used to set most of the ffb multiplier values per car at about 1.3 to 1.4. It may have induced quite a bit of clipping with some vehicles but I believe that is what felt the best with a G25.

You could also try the eve F1 from 1968, the AC Cobra or even the modern Formula One car from isi. The work in progress mid 1970s F1 car also feels quite nice. Another Advantage for RF 2 beyond the physics and feel is the quality of the AI is very high for single player racing

Xenix likes this.
  17. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yes, I really like how the AI in rF2 will sometimes move to block you as you try to pass but, if you persist long enough and get really close, they eventually let you by. Things like that make the AI seem very real at times.

18. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

I've had some races with Spec Miata at Lime rock, 103% difficulty, 52% aggression and always pretend it's the championship race. YES, they block, YES, they fight and even push, but it's down to this race. rF2's AI does amazingly at this. I've had entire races side by side with them with the right combinations. Very fun. Now if only I can run more than 12 cars....that would be nice..

19. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Look at the date of the article.

20. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

I think it is rather easily summarised as this... The rF2 community are a bunch of die hard sim racing fans that breathe, sweat, live for, and will die by rFactor. Many will say anything to prop up their game of choice and praise ISI for never doing any wrong. This goes for mods too. Praising rF1 conversions from ~5-10 yrs ago as being the gold standard of what sim racing is all about. And frankly in my experience, most of the 'recommended' rF2 mods are absolutely atrocious and the quality is so paltry, that I question why people even play that game with those mods. I can count on a single hand the number of car mods worth using, and the same goes for tracks on the other hand.

Of course, every community has bad fans and people that are best avoided for your own mental sanity, but the rF2 community takes the cake as the worst I have experienced. Personally, I would take anything said from an rF2 die hard with a grain of salt and look for a second opinion elsewhere before making a judgement about something or taking a statement as fact. Just look at Race Dept threads about the various topics. Games that arent built on the ISI engine are SIMCADE, SIMCADE, SIMCADE, and only major professionals that are majorly major use rF2. :rolleyes:

In the interest of fairness though, there are plenty of bad mods for AC too. However, the bad mods are rather easily spotted... Usually in the form of a crappy rF1 port or stolen from another game like Forza. Same goes for rF2... crappy rF1 ports galore. The scratch made stuff in AC is generally quite good. Just take a look at the now defunct modding forums here. Filled with quality mods. Every one has their own taste though, so I digress.

Well, if I am reading this correctly from the interviews at RD... ISI basically sold off rF2 to Luminis. They now no longer develop the title. They still own/partially own the rights to the game and will get royalties off it, but they are no longer in charge. rF2 is now no longer an ISI product. They have now moved on to what they are calling "not rF3." Who knows what that is going to be, but frankly, ISI will need to show a lot to build excitement. After rF2 being in development for ~6 yrs, and still looking like a 10 year old game with better physics, it's going to take a lot. Luminis on the other hand, I dont know much about. They have a big studio apparently, so hopefully they can pump out some much needed improvements and additions to their now new product rF2(.5). :p Marcel Offermans seems to be a motivated chap and a big fan of the genre though. I have a good bit of faith in him that he can organize Luminis & Studio 397 to make everyone happy.

samantha, BrandonW77, Octane and 6 others like this.