1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discuss rFactor2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Sep 16, 2016.

1. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Stop being silly.

2. liakjim

liakjim Alien

As it seems, they are already here...

Great post @nate.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

3. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Assetto Corsa is great, rFactor is great, haven't tried Automobilista but seems to be very good also, Dirt rally is not bad, Richard Burns Rally is great, Live For Speed is good. Each one has their opinion. People praising their favorite sims, and talking trash about rivals just shouldn't be taken seriously. They are like football hooligans lol

I think nate pretty much nailed it with his post. I haven't had much experience with ISI community, I have few nice conversations though, but it is not unbelievable that concentration of "hooligan ultra fans" is big there.

It is a bit sad that rF2 modding got to be a bit weak. In my opinion it was crazy for rF1, I don't know how much of those mods were conversions from GPL, but I found many of them to be enjoyable.

I found it exciting that new devs are planning to give rF1 tire model as an option. Idea of tool which could automatically convert rF1 mods to rF2 is just cosmic, however just converting won't do, quality has to be risen. I hope new team will really blow some life into modding and rF2 in general.

I'd like to mention few mods of rF1 which I liked the most:

NSX, Corvette, and Aasbo's Supra, 1979 F1 pack plus 1979 tracks pack which was strangely hard to find despite being so awesome, 1970 WSCC pack with Le Mans from VirtuaLM, Nordschleife which felt so complete because of different seasons + snow + wet track, historic tracks such as classic Sachsenring and fantasy Machwerk circuit and more....

Rosko and C3PO like this.
  4. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

I cranked the FFB Multiplier values up to around 1.4 as well when I tried it a few days ago, and while I can feel the suspension loading up and everything letting go when I overdrive - AC does that very nicely as well btw - I still have no idea what the back end of my car is doing. Especially in the Skippy I can almost only rely on visual clues when it begins to oversteer. I remember that it was way better on my wheel some 2 or 3 years ago, but then it lost a lot of strength with an rF2 update. IS the Eve 68 even updated to the new Contact Patch Model?

I had nice and helpful conversations there as well, but there were many zealots there, but we have those here as well I think. My guess is that the "not hardcore rF2 fans" just wandered off over time.

5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

LOL, indeed. :D

liakjim likes this.
  6. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

Huh? Its dated 2014. RF2 came out in 2012 and the guy was still using rF1 last year (and no indication he isn't using it today).

7. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

I wouldn't go as far as you go, but i often wonder if the fact that some of us "grew up" on F1C and Rfactor (1) has something to do with those guys to whom the Rfactor series (and it's cousins) is everything that is pure, realistic and has simulation value in this world and everything else is simcade...

I mean when you grow up believing something to be the benchmark, it may be hard to be open minded about a different take on the subject...

To a smaller degree this happens to Kaemmer with Papyrus>Iracing.

samantha, BrandonW77 and Gevatter like this.
  8. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

He wrote that when it wasn't that far out of beta. I think he mentioned somewhere that he kept with rF1 - at that time - because it has been six years in development. Still - impressive results.

9. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Maybe - I'm not a particular fanboy for any genre but quite a few RL teams still use rFactorX - just as more are beginning to use AC. My point was to point out the absurdity of the original repost to my post. Frankly - it was a ridiculous overreaction and unnecessarily defensive. Many sims have much to offer. I have never found the ISI forums that bad - as I have not done here. I really want to see and look forward to full endurance racing implementation with AC with 24 lighting and driver swaps etc to make the most of everything AC currently has to offer. I want the future to be bright (and dark at night) :)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  10. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

@C3PO Don't hold your breath for that Endurance thing, you might suffocate ;)

11. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Us so-called "die-hards" can hope :)

Gevatter likes this.
  12. P*Funk

P*Funk Racer

This is definitely a positive change. ISI was not committed or enthusiastic about rF2. The people in charge look to be the opposite. If you don't have passion driving a niche product then its likely going to be disappointing.

People just need to get away from their sim monotheistic view points to realize that more diversity in our niche is a good thing. I'm excited to try rF2 after the first big update from Luminis.

JoeMoore and C3PO like this.
  13. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

On paper rF2 is the best sim by a distance, but when I play it.....

For every wonderful feature it offers there seems to be a problem attached to it, in my opinion:

Animated flagmen - but do they have to look so spooky?
    The Howson is great fun - if you don't mind changing gear in super slow motion
    RealRoad is an amazing feature - but it's like ice at the start of a session and gets too grippy when the track has rubbered in - in between it feels good
    Full weather - but no rain on visor or windscreen
    A simple menu system - because half the settings I need to adjust require a text editor
    Great triple screen support - if you can find it (look for tyres, obviously ;))
    A few really good historic tracks and cars - if you don't mind following a Renault Clio pace car
    Your own car reflected in the car mirrors - but usually impossible to see who you're racing against because the FOV / angles are often weird
    Lots of new oval content - but the AI doesn't race ovals very well yet
    Simulates parc ferme and you have to find your way to the pitlane / track which was fun the first time - but why do I end up back there each time I tweak the setup? Put me in the pitlane.

I'd have been less critical if ISI had been systematically addressing some of these sort of issues but they seem to have been tinkering with the technical stuff under the hood that rarely improves the player experience much.

It seems to me they lost their motivation some time ago, they probably put their heart and soul into making this sim but maybe it didn't really sell as well as they hoped. Hopefully Luminis will do a good job and get things moving, they seem to have done good things with Reiza and Game Stock Car / Automoblister :)

DX11 is great news, my system runs DX9 titles so badly... rF2 says it's giving me great frame rates but the stuttering makes it completely unplayable. I hit the brakes for a corner, massive stutter, have to guess my entry speed and turn in point, get a couple of frames showing I'm still on track mid corner, then another massive stutter till corner exit.... totally unplayable.... and that's on a single screen with all the graphics set to minimum.

And I've spent hours going through the forums and tinkering with the settings on rF2 and my graphics card, but no improvement. Meanwhile I run AC, Dirt Rally, F1 2016 on triple screens and medium details super smooth, but according to some rF2 fanboys that's because I'm only interested in pretty graphics and I should have bought an nVidia graphics card :( Fact is, I've spent more time tinkering with rF2 than I have driving it, which is a shame because it's clearly got massive potential.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  14. liakjim

liakjim Alien

My nvidia 660 has no trouble rendering rf2 at @1080p , everything maxed out and frames always above 60, most of the time aroung 80-90.

About mirrors : you can adjust them in all directions ( iirc with shift+ camera buttons ) .
    Everything else : well said.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Fat Rich likes this.
  15. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the info about the mirrors, another example where rF2 can actually be brilliant :)

16. marmagas

marmagas Gamer

@Fat Rich as long as you didn't find any physics wise glitches I am a happy man!
    As a brave member of the GPL clan its very weird you are annoyed by graphics and animations!
    Rf2 heart and soul isn't about good colors and textures,its the immersion!

17. P*Funk

P*Funk Racer

That is just such a trivial list of complaints in my opinion. Its not the list I'd give for whats seriously wrong with rF2. If these were the biggest issues I think it would be a far better sim package. Most of that is quality of life stuff, and granted guys like Reiza have really been pounding out excellent quality of life improvements to the AMS UI (which is just the rF UI continually evolved) and such so its not as if a lot of that wouldn't be great to have, excellent really. Still, its so trivial compared to the real issues. Inconsistency of content quality is really the biggest bugbear.

The rest of your post I can't really disagree with though.

18. SunBro

SunBro Alien

For me, rfactor always seemed like a perfect open wheel simulator. That sim, in its current state, is great for open wheel lovers. But i just can't... i mean i "like" open wheelers, i'll drive them and enjoy them but my heart belongs to tourers, grand tourers, prototypes, rally cars, basically anything other than open wheelers :) I just can't "love" open wheelers. Tried to get into the hype. Failed to get into the hype. Open wheelers are just "every once in a while" cars for me.

And there's not much quality content in rf2 for people like me. But i like this news because many people are unreasonably disgusted by rf2 graphics. To me, the only problem rf2 has graphically right now, is optimization. It's horribly optimized. Other than that, rf2(when maxed out) is more than bearable right now. It even looks really pretty from time to time. Seeing that dx11 can really help with optimization, i'm optimistic about rf2's future. The base, the physics are really good, so no change needed there, the features are complete too. Just bring dx11, bring a more modern ui and the rest is up to modders/content creators. That's it. Oh and i've read they think about bringing rf1 tyre model back. Please, for love of holy thingies, please do not evolve back into stone age. Rf2's tyre model is complex and that's why it feels sooo good. The modders scared of how complex the tyre model is can frick off.

19. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

For me it's not how rF2 looks, it's the stuttering problems that make it unplayable for me. Yes, I happily play GPL at 36fps and fairly primitive graphics... but it's a rock solid 36fps with no stutters or glitches which makes it very playable indeed (especially on triple screens with a realistic FOV and the GPL black bars patched out of the game ;)). But we probably shouldn't be having to go back to 1998 to find a game to compare rF2 favourably to :p;):). Joking, but only a bit :D

OK, maybe it's just a problem with my system, I've seen people getting great results and there's no doubt DX9 can look very good indeed. But I've paid my money and can't play this game at all, and that's pretty frustrating, plus the time I've wasted trying to find a solution. And there are plenty of other people who are having the same problem, I shouldn't have to pay £500 for a new graphics card to play rF2, when all my other games run just fine straight out the box.

Yes, the physics are mostly excellent in rF2, although the content is somewhat inconsistent as P*Funk says... there are fantastic car / track combinations, but also some very disappointing ones too.

And my previous list of complaints might seem trivial to some people, but to me it sums up rF2. It takes all the really difficult steps to brilliance, and then just stops short with some slightly odd design decisions.

20. marmagas

marmagas Gamer

@Fat Rich ,with all the respect I think its AMD to blame!
    I was struggling with my old 6950HD too!
    6 and 7 AMD series were terrible@ RF2!
    Nice to see you!
    Back@srmz!!!

Fat Rich and liakjim like this.