1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discuss rFactor2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Serge M

Serge M Alien

True, I kind of wonder though if rF2 an PC2 forums have a “Let’s discus AC” thread just like this with people complaining in them

2. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Their is one in the RF2 forum, with a similar group as here except over there AC s**cks and RF2 is out of this world. Who could have guessed. :confused:
    No AC thread on PCars2 forum, but some other sim have their thread.:)
    I don’t discuss AC on the RF2 forum and I keep my post about RF2 to a minimum here.;)
    Bottom line for me is that when I want info on RF2 I go there, same for PCars2.
    My favourite, by far, is AC, but it does not mean I don’t occasionally indulge in one of the other.

David Dominguez and Dean Ogurek like this.
  3. chakko

chakko Alien

The question is, what do you expect in game specific forums? I chose AC as my sim because i consider it the best package, including the physics. I'm frequenting another "open" forum with sim specific sub forums, and the iR crew always gets butt hurt when you criticize their sim, and just state your opinion about it. I think everyone should be free to state his/her opinion, as long as it is not senseless bashing, or gets insultive. There's not only sunshine, there's also rain. If the people thinking rF 2 is better than AC can't take that, then, i'm sorry, there's something wrong with the recipient, not the sender. TBH, i see a few people here who simply can't take people criticizing "their" sim.

4. liakjim

liakjim Alien

5. That's definitely not good news for Reiza. The best thing about AMS was that they corrected lots of the mistakes made by ISI. Now they want to jump into the already trouble-state platform. Oh why, oh why... :eek:

Edit: Misread a bit. :p It sounds like S397 are desperate to throw some content-fuel into the fire. It seems like they still think lack of content is an important issue. I hope this doesn't change any Reiza-plans..

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Ace Pumpkin and nate like this.
  6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Interesting, I think it might attract some new players to rF2 and may be a good way for Reiza to test out the rF2 waters before jumping all-in (?)

Lately, I've been playing rF2 (in VR) more than other titles but, I do miss playing AMS so I'll be very interested to see how Reiza can apply their attention to detail and refined handling within rF2.

I like the new rF2 Endurance pack a lot and if S397 brings the GT3 pack up to that same level or better, I think it'll be very good overall. If they can add some GT4 content too, things get even more interesting for me.

I'm still hoping for some audio upgrades in rF2 and Reiza have made some nice Audio upgrades to AMS so maybe they can bring some of that to rF2 as well (?)

I too, hope Reiza is still on track for a new title but, if they can combine the best of AMS+rF2, it could be a very good thing in the long run. I agree though, it raises more questions regarding the underlying upgrades made by S397 but, they have worked together in the past with positive results for AMS.

MR279321 and marmagas like this.
  7. Good thing is we might have a hope Reiza can produce a car into rF2 engine that actually can bite you when driven like a retard. Some positive thinking. :D

8. liakjim

liakjim Alien

If Niels could do what isi and now s397 failed to do, I would be really impressed.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  9. marmagas

marmagas Gamer

All the hard work at Reiza is done by Renato and his group not Neils.
    Neils has the final physics touch which is magic by the way!
    So far they are talking about 3 cars and 2 tracks.
    Win win for both studios and for us customers who love to race both sims.
    If Reiza bois can help in setting properly turbo and gearbox simulation then again its heaven for rfactorians!
    Is there anything not to like?
    More content by a decent studio can only be good thing.

very curious how glorious f-vee will be!:)

Dookie, emha76, Dean Ogurek and 3 others like this.
  10. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

What do you mean exactly?

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I wonder if Ian Bell will be given the final kick honors to this dead horse. :eek::D

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

BTW, did anyone try the new "Old Open Wheelers" in rF2 that were released yesterday?

13. Rastas

Rastas Rookie

Ohh,the experts in physics,mechanics etc already striking,to thoses,start making your own sim,since none of the devs can not do it right.........get a life kids and stop whit the BS......

Pulley likes this.
  14. I guess, if you don't know already there's not much point describing. Let's just say drifting racecars, lowest pressures with no downsides and weightless feel over crests. In general S397 tyres are so forgiving you that you need to be a total idi*t and have a reflexes of a snail to spin a car in rF2. :)

I don't say that can't be realistic but definitely it's not fun to drive and let me wondering why even F1 drivers do spin or crash quite often especially during the practise sessions. :)

15. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

Well I can spin the car in RF2 but I am not good driver.
    It also largely depends from car to car.
    But I also feel sometimes it is too forgiving and allows too much slip or drifting in a racecar as you say.
    But then again I am not sure if it is realistic or not cause there are examples of real life F1 drifting. Maybe in a real life people don't to do idiot stuff because it is risky and bad for tires and loosing time even if it doesn't result in spinning.

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  16. As I said, I don't know if it's realistic or not. I'm just puzzled when I see undoubtly the best drivers of the world frequently spinning and crashing their cars while finding their limits. There's also some examples like Van Gisbergens Bathurst crash where GT3-car just insta-spins into a wall because of a too aggressive driving. Something that never happens with S397 tyres.

We had similar discussion back in the days regarding AC's tyres and good thing is Kunos actually fixed the tyres to be quite a bit more edgy over the limit. S397 tyres makes every sunday driver feel like a driving god. Funny thing is that the rental kart seems to be the most unforgiving and you shouldn't be able spin those cars in real life without way too heavy braking into a corner. But yeah, those aren't S397 tyres and that's why I think we might have a hope Niels can put proper tyres into rF2.

17. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I asked you if you could try the Nissan GT1 ISI car. She is unforgiving over the limit.

GT3 cars? Not really

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

18. chakko

chakko Alien

Did you try the Indycar? I frequently spun in that, when i drove it.

I don't know if there's really a point to that. E.g. most cars in iR are literally undrivable for me, because of the trye model, which totally exaggerates the effect of heated tyres, and the FFB, which gives you no indication at all that the car will be bottoming out. I think both rF 2 and AC do that much, MUCH better. The issues i had with rF 2's tyre model is that it feels a tad synthetic (can't really describe it any better), and that the tyres sometimes didn't slide, but hop over the surface. Which, of course, depending on the tyre, could be correct too. If then, rF 2 seems to be a bit forgiving, when catching slides.

All in all, AC and RBR seem to be the only sims, which really give me the feeling i am rolling with tyres on a street surface. In the case of RBR, it's pretty amazing that they managed such a great car physics and tyre model so early. But then, it was developed with Richard Burns, and the guy knew what he was doing.

19. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

Has anybody tried new GTE content? Supposedly handling is different than GT3.
    Someone somewhere said that S397 GT3 cars have in-built TC of some level regardless of TC driving aid turned off .
    New GTEs introduced proper TC levels as setup option and this will also come for GT3s in the future updates iirc.
    It would be useful to try GTEs with TC off and compare to GT3s and see if they drift too? Hopefully not.
    There is also old ISI GT3 Camaro which spins easily.

Btw as I see it people were complaining before that RF2 is too hard to drive compared to real life and now there are people saying cars are dumbed down and too easy :)