1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discuss rFactor2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Well then they may be doing business with me in winter :)

2. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I really like the new tyres of the GT3 cars. Way more punishing on the limit and nervous.
    Also i got a nice performance boost on raining conditions.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Dean Ogurek and Jack Bancroft like this.
  3. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I had some very intense night-racing sessions last night at Sebring in the GT3 / GTE class. I'm still amazed at how well the AI can react by blocking my pass attempt's sometimes, so challenging. I also like how the AI sometimes make mistakes and go off, spin, go wide, etc. It adds to the racing immersion imo.

Racing at night can be so different and there are still brief moments where I may lose orientation to my place on the course. Sunset Bend has to be one of the most challenging curves in racing and the bumps and changes in surface adhesion on such a flat course are constant reminders of how much focus is required to be competitive on this track. I'm really glad I spent the money for this track but, I can also say that I like rF2 for it's own "X-Factor" so it wasn't much of a gamble. Excellent Sim-racing experience and I think it'll actually set a new bar in terms of Epic ones. I expected to like this track but, it's actually exceeded my expectations. Now I just have to fix my USB-cable disconnect issues with the wheel as a result of all the bump action. :eek::)

fbiehne, Gevatter, emha76 and 2 others like this.
  4. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

14$ for the track alone o_O errr...no thanks.

5. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

RF2 now as lock to horizon, it is call horizon stabilize, use the low setting as for now it is the high setting, I know, don’t ask, they say it will be reversed soon.
    But the point is, we now have LTH in RF2 which for some of us, in VR, is a great thing.

mms likes this.
  6. Shaun Field

Shaun Field Gamer

I seriously have to laugh at someone boasting about having the most expensive hardware available, complaining about $14

7. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

Sebring release reminds me of the Italy DLC in Euro Truck. You drive from 2009 Germany to 2017 Italy in terms of quality. It's that kind of special attention to detail.
    Best road surface I've seen to date overall, and that's not just because of Sebring's surface. It's ridiculous.
    It runs pretty good, and seems like the update to rF2 helped out a bit. It's still got a ways to go. Like....many tracks that aren't nearly up to that quality in the slightest, as well as quite a few cars seemingly forgotten.
    I'm ok with price, it's a pretty major quality jump. It'll take more tracks like that and more updates to cars and more usable racing series to get it there, but it's quite an amazing track.

If it runs good for you. There's quite a difference on this track vs some others in performance. Or rain.

8. Luca Zari

Luca Zari Racer

I hope in a port for ac soon :)

9. marmagas

marmagas Gamer

AC physics can't handle bumps and kerbs so dream on mate!:p

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Really?!....

11. emha76

emha76 Gamer

12. liakjim

liakjim Alien

The best track in rf2, yes I will understand.
    In sim racing though?
    Why?
    With what criteria?
    The laser scan is more dense? The mesh too? It has more objects? Better textures?
    Are there numbers?

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

With RF2 everything is always the BEST, that is until you try it and the you wonder what they are smoking!
    I am sure it is fine and if I had paid 14$ for a track I would feel the urge to find it outstanding.
    RD sounds so much like informercial most of the time, not just about RF2, ACC, all of them.
    It is always so AMAZING, when in fact it is ok and in that case nice for those who particularly enjoy RF2 to have a new track, laser scanned this time, to take their favorite car to drive.
    It would be fine with great new track addition, but BEST is so much more click bait, worst part of it is that it works, am actually typing a reply, UNBELIEVABLE!.:D

14. Rastas

Rastas Rookie

Yes it is,just check all the reviews,also the track is cheap,deal whit haters :rolleyes:

15. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

Devs:
    "...a very detailed road mesh that is used both for all physics calculations and for the visualisation: What you see is what you get!"

Lots of users say it is the most detailed ffb experience.

Regarding textures and objects I wouldn't know but there are many online videos

16. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Isn't that the same for all laserscanned tracks?
    Let's say that the scan density is the same for all sims. Then we get the point cloud and choose how dense the mesh will be.

How can someone claim that this track "it's the best in sim racing" without providing some objectively measured proof, I still can't understand.

Same goes with these genetic posts " the X sim can't deal with this information "

Lol

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

17. Not too long ago laserscanning was just a gimmick in rFactorland. I guess not anymore.. :cool:

The game is not worth 14€ track so not gonna buy it but Buckmore Park already was a huge step forward quality wise.

LChaves and Cote Dazur like this.
  18. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I think rF2-Sebring is a great track, very well done indeed but, to proclaim that it's the best of the best . . . , well, I'm sure it has its own flaws but, if you like rF2, I'd say it is a must-have track if you like them challenging. Given the quality, small player-base and challenges S397 faced with this project, I think it's a very fair price.

19. Physics engine frequency.

20. Rastas

Rastas Rookie

Hmmm,tire model,FFB,suspencion\chassis,realroad.......