1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Fake or Real tracks ??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MsportDAN, Nov 28, 2013.

?

What tracks would you like to see in AC?

1. Just authentic tracks only

58.0%
  2. A mix of both fake and authentic

40.3%
  3. All fake from now on

1.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

For the future of track content for AC what would you like to see? I personally cant stand fake tracks like the ones in forza and NFS, i would much prefer all authentic tracks in this racer.

What about you.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Fake Rain in replay/broadcast Apr 10, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars can we get a basic fake shadow texture under the car for low settings? Jul 26, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars DX12 possible [FAKE NEWS] May 17, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars need DX12 official support [FAKE NEWS] Apr 5, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Fake Races in My Rating Profile (CP) Jun 16, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards fake races on Competiton Server Jun 16, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Request for deleting a fake lap time Mar 24, 2019
    Console Lounge Fake fast drivers on Spa. [Exploiting track limits] Jan 4, 2017
    Chit Chat Room AC Night (fake ;) ) is it possible? Oct 2, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Interesting Article - Fake Engine Noise Jun 14, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Save a prayer for the police Lambo (closed: fake news, italian journalists strike again) Jan 25, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Fake shadows unaffected by weather Apr 20, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Fake ferrari? Feb 23, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Server Linux: Fake Client May 20, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Still Looks Fake (Not a Rant/ Bash on AC) Jan 27, 2014

3. Ales Nocar

Ales Nocar Hardcore Simmer

I prefer real tracks too. But these in LFS were quite good actually. :) I hope Kunos will lasser scan Adria and Misano so we can start proper Formula Abarth championship.

4. Virtual tracks don't need to be on the forza and NFS style, on rFactor or NKP some of the best tracks are fantasy ones.

With the advantage of no licenses needed.

5. GothaR

GothaR Racer

Indeed, real tracks are the best way, but licences can be very expensive. Fake tracks usually don't have that right feeling, but they may be very good. And as mentioned before, the best example of great fake tracks is LFS.

6. JRantajoki

JRantajoki Rookie

Anything goes. Some of my all time favourites are fantasy tracks. Nothing wrong in someone thinking what would be fun to race in, and then creating it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. I don't understand your problem. Don't like fakes? Don't drive on them. Like fantasy tracks? Drive on them. There is (or will be) a choice.

Fred Joseph, paulieGTR and r3ck0n like this.
  8. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

is there a problem?!,, though just asking a question..?!

Robilon and TheDyingScotsman like this.
  9. Ales Nocar

Ales Nocar Hardcore Simmer

I think he only wanted to know people opinion.

MsportDAN likes this.
  10. Darren Blythe

Darren Blythe Hardcore Simmer

I think the base game should be shipped with real tracks only.

After that i don't have a problem with fantasy tracks as addons (either official or mods). There's some exceptionally good ones out there.

paulieGTR likes this.
  11. plaid

plaid Alien

I voted for fantasy-tracks only, but still want the Nordschleife.

Seriously most circuits are ****ing boring, if you can imagine what people with talent could do with unlimited resources and space.
    Most are bigger cart-circuits in a mostly boring environment, where you just get the impression to drive in a circle, even more if they were in the game X from 1999 (expectations are tracks like the Nordschleife and Isle of Man, but those are only used for some single events. Sadly HC-Sim Nerds demand boring tracks you drove 1000 times before, cause they are "realistic", the arcade-crowd gets the most interessting things like pretty fantasytracks with interessting layouts, open world and citys and police that makes your life hard, but the physics are verything but realistic..
    I just care about realistic physics, everythings else should be just fun and/or demanding to drive.
    Games can give us the opportunity, to do real things we cant do in reality but much much more things, you cant do even your rich.
    So rollercoaster like long tracks (for people with no fantasy: think about the nordschleife) in siberia, the canarian isles, citys like Sidney or a jungle, with realistic tracksurfaces and random imperfections (they arent planed on real circuits).
    I can buy all the other sims to drive Monza or Laguna Seca for the 546373463453 time.

3316V and D4rkst3EL_steam like this.
  12. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

go buy wipeout lol a jungle LMAO!!!

13. plaid

plaid Alien

What do you want? Should I respond to that? Seriously, I know that the sim-crowd is mostly without much fantasy (see Arma-community) and pendantic at the same time.
    Everyone should get what they want, so anyone can get real circuits, I just hope for MORE, even it doesnt exists in the real world, at least trackwise.
    This is a race and car simulator not a "real existing track"-simulator and i mentioned I care much about physics, if you arent able to read.
    The jungle was just a exaple of an environment, with something different then some grass trees and typical race track-buildings.

D4rkst3EL_steam likes this.
  14. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

Real tracks only, of course. Nothing better than racing at Spa after watching a GP. I'm a purist but for me real tracks are the only way.

15. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

sorry plaid i think your in the wrong game forum ...

Hence why were simmers, i never heard a sim-game reinact fantasy before?!

16. Ok, so you wanted an opinion. And when someone gave you one, you are like "go somewhere else".
    Don't like fantasy tracks, don't drive on them. If someone likes them, just let it be.
    I would like to get some cars on a beautiful fantasy road like on old NFSes.

Forged likes this.
  17. plaid

plaid Alien

No, you dont have a clue what I am.
    I know what most Sim-Fans expect, so real physics and Pit Stops etc., real cars and real tracks, that fine for them.
    I expect real physics, Iam happy about real cars, I like some real tracks, but would be happy about fantasy tracks that are longer and layoutwise superior to existing tracks, that just gets boring.
    The definition of a racing sim isnt bound just to existing tracks.
    AC got great physics with room for improvement, with great graphics and nice cars. So if there will be interesting tracks like I imagine, which actually are allready made by moders i get the perfect game for me.
    I dont get anything but great tracks/environemnts (without imperfections) in arcade-games and Rally-Sims are dead.

And seriously, if you talkin with an adult person this: "go buy wipeout lol a jungle LMAO!!!" just makes you pretty much unintersting for a discussion.

Edit: BTW another example, I love high quality SciFi and interessting characters and storys and I like realistic and hard gameplay, at the market I just get the first with arcade-gameplay (...Deus Ex or whatever) or the second with realistic scenarios that bore me (Arma3).
    Still Im not that wrong in Arma if they make a Scifi-mod or play just for the gameplay and enjoy Deus Ex even with arcade-gameplay.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
    3316V and Forged like this.
  18. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

Exactly. Real tracks boring? If they're boring you're doing it wrong. You don't hear real-life drivers saying "I've driven this circuit a thousand times, it's boring now". No. Every time they go to Spa or Monaco, they are excited because they are such amazing tracks, each difficult in their own way. Sim-racers like myself have been driving the same circuits for over 15 years, and I still don't get bored with Monza, Spa or Imola, because they are a challenge, and over time knowing the track, you come to enjoy it and it grows on you....and you become faster.

Why would we have fantasy tracks in a sim? Leave that to Forza, Grid, NFS and GT. Please.

Anyway, I doubt offical tracks will ever be fantasy (by that i mean one's made by Kunos). I suspect they will leave the fantasy stuff to the modders once the tools are released. Then you arcade/fantasy lovers can race on your fantasy tracks, while the big boys race the real ones :)

Robilon, Enzo Martin and MsportDAN like this.
  19. Though I do like anything that changes stuff up, like fantasy tracks. One of the biggest reasons for me to get AC was the scanned tracks. I certainly hope that they do not spend time and resources making fantasy tracks.

That can be for the modders.

Enzo Martin and TheDyingScotsman like this.
  20. plaid

plaid Alien

@TheDyingScotsman

The focus is clearly real sim-tracks. And as most people expect it, Kunos will make these and the customers are happy. So thats fine for me. But there still the modders, a crowd that can be really creative.
    Its less that I cant enjoy Monza or Laguna...Ok i absolutly hate Laguna Seca, but I would much more prefer something new and superior to the existing tracks, especially those I know, cause then it would be so much better for me. I have great things in my mind (for my tastes) but Im no Modder, sadly, anyway in reality there is no Mod-crowd with unlimited resources that builds more and more tracks with better and better layouts in interesting places.
    People have simply different prioties and things they like.
    Like i said elsewhere, I love to have a new circuit or point to point race, where I have to find the best way sponatously and I dont find the appeal too high to drive circles to drive it onces perfect. It feels mostly repititeve and then boring (EDIT: I speak about pure driving, racing against opponents make it much more interesting, but you can have that much better on longer and better fantasy-tracks, too). At least if I played it often in Forza etc..

And with circuits of a lenght of around 5km I always get the feeling of moving in a small circle, its like going on a trip to a big city and just walk along the same street for a whole day, at least if drive them for long, like an hour for example. On long tracks or open worlds you get...a progress. More variation, the repitiveness sinks with longer distances, no matter if graphics or gameplay-wise.
    Still i still like Spa and much more the Nordschleife.
    BTW: If they dont find a new owner for the Nordschleife, it will maybe not exist anymore in the future and Sim-Racers make only existing tracks, right? So no Nordschleife anymore. :p

I demand good physics, but wish for many things from other games you always get with arcade-physics. Why isnt it possible to get both? Is there a rule from some higher authority?

Anyway, I dont race in reality and Im not that much interested in motorsports and cars, like many sim-racers. So maybe I shouldnt expect that people understand my praferences.

BTW: Your fantasy seems fairly limited, if you say that fantasy-tracks are necessarly less demending then a real track.

"you arcade/fantasy lovers can race on your fantasy tracks, while the big boys race the real ones"

There are probably LFS and NKar racers which can kick your *** racing-wise, while used to drive on fantasy tracks.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
    3316V and Forged like this.
  21. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

I mostly only want real tracks. Because.......
    - Real sim tracks are a useful tool to learn the real thing and then you can familiarize yourself with track, if you are lucky enough to drive/ride a track day you can get the most out of it.
    - You can have an opinion about which kind of tracks you like and why.
    - You can watch motorsports with a more detailed understanding of what you are watching and where you'd like to sit to watch real races.
    - As simulation design and computer technology improves it will be difficult to fake reality it terms of bumps and circuit details to make the track as enjoyable to drive.

However some (maybe 10%) track builders (usually professional developers) with oodles of imagination and skill can make a fantasy track that is every bit as exciting and rewarding to drive as a real track. So never say never. :D But then someone should buy their design and make a real track out of it (if practically feasible). Probably Kunos have one really enjoyable worthwhile fantasy track in them, but leave it for a few years until the favorite real tracks have been completed.

Robilon and Forged like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.