1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Fake or Real tracks ??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MsportDAN, Nov 28, 2013.

?

What tracks would you like to see in AC?

1. Just authentic tracks only

58.0%
  2. A mix of both fake and authentic

40.3%
  3. All fake from now on

1.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Let us not forget too, that all real tracks start out as fantasy on paper, or now pc;), but that is not what the poll question is.

TheDyingScotsman and Forged like this.
  2. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

From the developers I want to see more real laser scanned tracks.

Having said that, Aviano and Aosta were fantastic tracks in nKPro so fantasy tracks have their place when done well. I certainly had no more or less joy from racing on them than any real tracks. (I'd really like to see Aviano GP layout in AC one day.)

The case for long stretches of fantasy road tracks is fairly compelling as well. With some of the cars we have they would be great fun to drive. They would be a nice distraction from serious, competitive MP races.
    This is where i would like to see modders concentrating their efforts, and leave the real race tracks to the experts with laser scanners.

Nuno P and Patcha like this.
  3. plaid

plaid Alien

@Bryan Stromquist: exactly. And they are simply extremly expensive, which just limits the amount of tracks that are gnerally build(ed) and you cant build them everywhere you like, so talented tracks-creators just cant build them around the planet, with a length from 10-50km at places people generally enjoy to be. The conditions in reality are extremly limited, which you can ignore in games. I see that as a huge advantage for opportunities of great tracks, which would cost the #x amount of money in reality.

BTW: There are many real streets in citys and countrysides, that can have a great layout for racing. Look at Monaco or LeMans for example.

You can make fantasy longer and more demanding then real race tracks so you get a new challenge. You dont have to limit yourself on real tracks to take it serious.

I live 1-2 hours away from the Nordschleife and it is only track i still enjoy in a bigger way, but would like to see the faces from some of the people here, if noones buy it and it gets demolished. But this will not happen in the next years, which I tend to prefer. :)

Edit: Im very interested in the Isle of Man, if it counts as a real track for the "big boys".

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
    paulieGTR and JRantajoki like this.
  4. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

"Sim-racers like myself have been driving the same circuits for over 15 years, and I still don't get bored with Monza, Spa or Imola, because they are a challenge, and over time knowing the track, you come to enjoy it and it grows on you....and you become faster."

this is basically it in a nutshell for me, i hate fantasy tracks in a real life portraying racer. Its like playing fifa with real teams in a playground or on a beach or made up stadiums?!

Dont get me wrong i have nothing against modders making these fake tracks, but in the base game i would rather have 10 real tracks then 20 fake tracks, as post said above, leave fantasy for modders and let the mods make the real ones look as real as possible.

But theres also a lot of tracks around the world thats not hardly used in gaming, and sure would like the publicity. Croft in yorkshire UK, for example, snetterton etc. they dont have to make fake varied tracks they just need to step away from the main stream (average racer tracks) and go beyond the unknown.

TheDyingScotsman likes this.
  5. plaid

plaid Alien

I understand this position (so being more a purist regarding reality and racing), anyway I was exaggerating with the word boring/bored quite bit, cause I still can enjoy Spa and some other tracks, as long as Im not hotlapping forever. But for pure driving, especially with road cars, tracks not on racing-circuits (like Trento/fantasy) I hope for an extra, that expands the content besides racing tracks. BTW: Im more a fan of endurance-races and especially on those, short circuits can become repititve/dull.
    Reality just offers the Nordschleife and LeMans, but later is rather boring compared to the first in my eyes, cause no hight differences and the overall layout (see the looong straights).
    Cause reality doesnt offers much more in this regard, I would like longer tracks with a Nordschleife-vibe, so bigger hight differences, fast and slow curves and fast straights.

And I would be happy to see real tracks I dont know like the onces you mentioned (still Isle of Man is the format Im really hungry for, cause: LOOONG).
    Plus Im happy about Trento and like many others sad, that the Nordschleife will probably not in the release. Regarding real tracks that simply is my personal standard for a great track, but its simply unique.

Anyway, the engine of AC is very pretty for race-sim-standars and I love beautiful environments. Finally: Modders will deliver the things Kunos may not. :)

6. DrSmile

DrSmile Racer

I like real ones.....i like fantasy ones too.....i dont like some real ones.....i dont like some fantasy ones too :)

I think in the near future the modders will do their job and we as player have to choose between so many tracks so it will never get bored....cant wait for some hard hillclimb stages, famous original racecircuits and well made and driveable fantasytracks. I would like to see more of real world places converted into racetracks like the english track in simraceway where you have a highwaypart, parkinglotpart and citystreetpart all in one. If i where able to build a track by my own i would build my neighborhood or a section i know as public road so i can race it here on my pc without having fear to get forced to go to the psychodoctor when a friendly policeman ask me: "Sir, do you know how fast you going on this street? - Goddamn give me your papers now, your car will get confiscated and the only vehicle you will drive for the rest of your life is the public railway" :)

7. As long as there are lots of real tracks I can't see any problem in having a few fantasy tracks as well, just don't race them if you hate them ..

8. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

What I really like are those 'organic' tracks. You know those ones like Brands Hatch, Bathurst or Spa. They started out as real horse and cart tracks hundreds of years ago or real motorcycle dirt race tracks a hundred years ago and over time they have developed into the tracks you know today. Tilke architects can't get close to Eau Rouge, Paddock Hill Bend or Conrod straight they make an approximated copy of something like it that inspires them for a developing country for a stadium and international TV audience, those are real tracks that pale in comparison with the best tracks ever so the chances of a great fantasy track that you really keep coming back to year after year are fairly low.

GothaR, MsportDAN and Patcha like this.
  9. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

My preference is almost all them real tracks, but without disliking some exceptions.

Laser-skanning is a great stuff, and must be used as much as possible! ;)

10. There are many new real tracks (Tilk mainly), that you have to pay me to drive on them in a Sim.

11. JRantajoki

JRantajoki Rookie

"Big boys" :D

TheDyingScotsman likes this.
  12. I would like to see let's say Trento from Nk-pro (I think Kunos wishes that too) but apart from that what's all this fuss with plaid? He has an opinion and he has every right to express it whether you agree with him or not.

AC is a simulator and real tracks will always be the priority but it doesn't hurt to have more options now does it? And as it has been mentioned before, very good tracks that have been made and been enjoyed by sim racers were fantasy tracks. You don't like them? Then don't race on them, end of story........

13. sinbad

sinbad Racer

Real tracks/Fantasy Tracks/Real Cars/Fantasy Cars, they're all just 1s and 0s, pixels on your screens. Some real tracks are great in simulators, but not because they're real.

AC would still be a great simulator even with no "real" tracks and no "real" cars. I love that they're laser scanning, it has given these tracks great detail to the surface and they are utterly convincing as a result, this is the only advantage to "real" circuits imo. Would I be upset if the next track we got was one that did not exist in real life? Not at all, and I would judge it in the same way I judge any track, including "real" ones, some are good, some are not so good.

14. FenixGTR

FenixGTR Gamer

I'm up for a mixture of realistic and imaginary circuits, kind of like the Gran Turismo games.

15. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Why do you keep referring to things that you don't agree with, or things that you don't consider realism and simulated... as Fake.??

I think it's a bit below the belt to make a pole and ask people about what they think and the kind of tracks they would like to see in AC...
    and then slight them for having a different view to yours.

You know how your answering people and i feel it's showing a total lack of respect to other people in this thread.
    For someone that says they've been racing on PC(where) for the past 15yrs, you would think that you would show a better example of forum etiquette to other members.

Dori likes this.
  16. p373

p373 Rookie

Both!
    e.g. "RaceRoom Raceway" of R3E is a great track for me.

17. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

ive been racing pc "games' for about 10 months, i came from an xbox where id had enuf of the racing games on there..... i meant the experience of driving these track for a long time now.. all the way back to geoff crammonds f1.. not necessarily the sim side.

I think my posts are fine..

thank you

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  18. 3316V

3316V Alien

You guys are missing one thing. There are a lot of track designs that you can't build IRL because there are extremely dangerous. Simulators give us the opportunity to make it happen.

Besides, if someone makes actual LeMans with Hunaudieres without chicanes it going to be a fantasy track. Heck, driving a modern Ferrari 458 in Monza 1966 it's even more fantastic.

19. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

20. plaid

plaid Alien

Thats another factor. But the Nordschleife killed allready 52 people. The Isle of Man even 227. Dangerous enough [Anyway, you can argue if its necessary to move with high speeds, that ca smash your body if something goes wrong, for a few minutes or hours of fun and sportsmanship. I wouldnt want to move a Zonda at the limit in RL. :eek:]
    Besides, when Tracks get very long the action for the visitors is limited, too.
    If the whole world would be filled with motorsport-fanatics we maybe would have the 100x amount of tracks and races, money would flow like hell and noone would care about the (beautiful) environment. Any, I dont get why I should give a ****, if the place exists and if it exists it is used for motorsport. The only thing necessary are real physics and a good layout (Bonus: cool surroundings).

Anyway to keep it simple: Take (or create) the best from both worlds (real circuits/roads, fantasy circuits/roads). But I understand that the Sim Fans and so real circuits are the priority Nr. 1, Kunos is a rather small team though.