1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Hard to catch slide without stability control

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by vegaguy 5555, Dec 2, 2015.

1. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Ok. I will. Thanks.

2. esox71

esox71 Alien

Ahh SLI...Make sure you are connected into the proper ports for 3 screens for that resolution, some ports you won't be able to use iirc.
    Check the nvidia website for your cards/sli.

3. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Will do. Good call.

4. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Open steam.
    Go to library.
    Find Assetto Corsa.
    Right click -> properties-> Local Files tab-> Press "verify the integrity of game cache files".
    In the meanwhile install fraps.
    Open it before game.
    See shortcut for recording video.
    See where is been saved.
    Open game (wait for verification to finish).
    Play.
    Check fps.
    Report.
    Press shortcut for recording video.
    Play some more with your combo of your choice. Make sure you have the app "pedals" on screen.
    Stop recording video.
    Exit game.
    Upload video to youtube.
    Post link here.
    Go to to my documets/assetto corsa/replays
    You will find a "cr" file.
    Rename it to something you like.
    Zip it.
    Press "upload a File" here on your answer.
    Attach zip.

esox71 likes this.
  5. esox71

esox71 Alien

Like @kofotsjanne said you will get the help you need starting new thread or searching existing ones.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I think he have solved the issue with the driving, now its that he need help to get all 3 monitors to run 144Hz.

7. esox71

esox71 Alien

Frap that.....shadowplay!:p

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  8. esox71

esox71 Alien

LOL....Yeah we're so OT I'm like eh? What's he talking about?:confused:

kofotsjanne likes this.
  9. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Ok. Thanks.
    I will do this. Will be later today.

10. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

That would be very cool. Didn't think it was possible any more.

11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

It is

12. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Update (Hard to Catch Slide)
    A very kind fellow sim racer drove over an hour to help me set up "Force Feed Back Clipping" and "Fanaleds".
    Wow! It was about three times as good before and now about ten times.
    1) Traction Wow! Come into a corner too fast now and prepare to have your arms ripped off. Yeah Baby!
    2) Steering input! I am over steering everywhere now. It is sooo much fun to practice now.
    3) uncontrolled wheel spin, gone.
    4) uncontrolled brake slide, gone.
    5) fake/ice slide, gone. Which really was a lack of feed back information slide.
    Thank you all. I will be updating my review on steam.

13. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Oh yeah. I am going to get two more display port cables. I looked and I have three display ports on one video card. See if that will give me 144hz.

14. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

One other question. I noticed Fanaleds doesn't work with some cars. Is that just the way it is? Or does something need to be turned on?

15. mms

mms Alien

If you mean the degrees of rotation not being set correctly, then the problem is that you need to configure for the cars that are not in the profile. You need to do the following:
    1. Launch Fanaleds from the tray
    2. Go on a track with the car
    3. Alt+TAB back to fanaleds
    4. From the menu choose Advanced then Car settings
    5. Select the car from the list
    6. Change the wheel angle to the correct value in the upper right edit field
    7. Click Save then Close
    8. Click Save settings to active profile

This assumes that you know the correct degrees of rotation for the car, if not, then you need to mess around with the values until the virtual wheel is in sync with your real one.

Thomas Cameron likes this.
  16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

17. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Ok. Thanks. Sounds like some work. Worth it though. Everything feels like about 10 years into the future from what I had last week.

18. Hells yea. Glad to hear you have improved it even more!

19. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

That anti clipping tool is half of everything I did so far. For me it was hard to understand at first. Even after I got it and installed it correctly I didn't have it turned on and of course didn't have it dialed in.
    I was testing a car watching for the base line and sliding around, got settings dialed it in and I can catch the sides or at least have fun trying.
    What a difference. Night and day.

Atle Dreier and Seria17hri11er like this.
  20. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I know for sure there are other people out there just as frustrated as I was saying bad things about Assetto Corsa like fake slide and worse. I know I will do what I can to help pass on knowledge. Thanks again guys.

Seria17hri11er and Ace Pumpkin like this.