1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Hard to catch slide without stability control

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by vegaguy 5555, Dec 2, 2015.

1. mms

mms Alien

That 122 gain is definitely way too much, you'll have heavy clipping with that, check my signature for my settings.

2. kevje

kevje Racer

Well those settings pretty much explain everything. It would of been nice if you told us that a few days ago :p

Seria17hri11er and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  3. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Use the pedal app and dial in FFB strength for each car. Do this on the Nordschleife. If the FFB clips at Fuchsröhre it's way too much.
    Or use @Atle Dreier s app to dial it in for every track car combo. I think this is unnecessary, but there you go.

4. Yes, a lot of people are chiming in and it might get a bit confusing. But still, it's a good thing so many people are willing to help.

I agree with someone else who said that the Cobra is hard to drift. I cannot recommend testing with it. Use something with a bit better grip and less power.

In summary:

- Some folks are talking about FPS, I would say don't waste your time with that right now, it may be lower than it should be but it is definitely not the problem.

- This is #1 most important. Your steering wheel settings are all screwed up. Brake gamma way too high. Follow specific recommendations of people have provided- they have the same wheel as you.

- Ensure to use the triple screen app to make sure you FOV--Field of View (Zoom in/out)-- is set correctly

- If you are experiencing steering wheel oscillation--if you turn the wheel a bit on the straight and let go of the wheel and it turns back and forth-- enable and test the Gyro option. Search the forums for more info or ask here.

- Try "Enhanced Understeer" effect.

5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You will lose all information on weight transfer and available grip if you turn this on!
    Your problem of not being able to catch a sliding car will be exaggerated.
    Just look at the Fanatec thread for optimal values.

6. Nao

Nao Alien

It has been said here already but i want to reiterate the point with a video:

For that guy normal road became ice too. - Cobra is a snake, snakes do what they want and are difficult to handle regardless of how perfect your setup will be. So if you want to test or setup your sim it would be much better to do that on more reasonable >modern< roadcars.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Sea sick video!
    How dare you!
    ;)

8. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Just wanted to thank everyone. It was a very pleasant experience after trying to get advice on Steam. For the record this "Troll" can now catch some slides without any driving aids at all and with some practice I hope to catch more. Assetto Corsa is an amazing driving simulator and I thought it was pretty good before this massive tune up. I will be happy to hear more advice from you generous and caring fellow sim racers. Thank you all. You have given me sooo much.

P.S. I will be "Trolling" around on Steam to defend and pass on help to "fellow fake sliders" Thank you Assetto Corsa this is truly a thing of beauty.

9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Hope to see you on a Nords server soon...

10. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Yeah! I guess I can do that now without slamming into everyone.

11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Let the game expand!
    CU

12. Awesome! I'm sure most of us would be interested in finding out what were the culprits behind your trouble.

13. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

It all started with my v1 wheel stopped working after about year. So I spent $1000, and the v2 wouldn't work either, locked 0% feed back. So I bought another BMW rim for $500 and still nothing.
    Long story short I got rid of windows10 for 7 and everything worked first try better than ever before.
    Somehow this made it obvious that my system was off.
    Turned off arrow
    Turned minimum latency from 0 to1
    Downloaded latest beda nvidia driver by accident. Seamed to help.
    Lowered everything to get a solid 175 fps topping out at 192 at times.
    Going to a Fanatec lobby for someones presets. Still not satisfied but better than I had.
    There is more but can't think of it.
    Those are the main ones though.
    Please feel free to ask anything. I owe the racing God's big time.

14. Thanks for sharing.

FYI, 175 FPS is so high. You have so much room to increase your graphic settings to get more Eye Candy. My typical frame rates are round 40-60 and it does not hamper driving abilities. When you get beneath 30 FPS that's when it starts to throw you off.

If I were you, I would eventually increase graphic settings until I reached 60 FPS with a full grid of cars.

Also, you said your wheel settings are better but your not satisfied. There is a thread somewhere discussing Fanatec Wheel settings.

Also, when you feel like, have some time etc I would highly recommend you check out both these threads:

Calibrate your wheel using Wheel Check and Force Feedback Anti Clipping app:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ack-wheel-using-wheelcheck-and-ffbclip.14319/

This thread is solely focused on the Anti Clipping App:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/force-feedback-anti-clipping-tool-v3-4.14165/

Anti clipping app is far, far better than the pedals app to check for FFB clipping.

15. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

At its worst.
    Lots of wheel spin. Everything felt like 500 hr+
    Brake lock up even with ABS
    Long lingering uncontrollable ice like slides.
    Fast neck breaking whipps.
    Even at the very beginning of a slow speed drift no response from wheel input at all.

16. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Will most definitely do. Thanks

17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

He dont want 60fps when he have 144Hz monitors. :)

18. kevje

kevje Racer

More FPS, less input lag ;)

I try to stick to 100 fps average on a 144hz screen, since tearing isnt noticeable.

Nao and kofotsjanne like this.
  19. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

One other thing about Windows 10. I got slammed by saying this but it is what I seen first hand.
    When I tried uninstalling Windows10 and installing Windows7 it partitioned Windows 10
    That partition was was about 96.8gigs.
    Windows7 was less than 50 gigs and is still not much more.
    I can see it because I'm running Revodrives. Pair of 55 gigs. Really fast. Plugs straight into a video card slot. All my programs are on solid state D drive.

20. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Oh. Does anyone interested in a Fanatec V1 club sport and BMW rim?