1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Hard to catch slide without stability control

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by vegaguy 5555, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Can you post your wheel settings in game, the degrees of rotation you have in main controls, and settings from advanced tab; from controls page. And also the settings you're using in your wheel software (which fanatec clubsport wheel you have exactly?). Possibly show screenshots of this. Lightshot program is good for taking screenshots if you don't have any.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

F12 for printscreens ingame if you havent disabled this on steam.

3. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I'm a lost. Sorry. Old man here.

4. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Ok. I'll look into it.

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

If you going to take a printscreen in Assetto Corsa on your wheel settings, press f12 on your keyboard and it will take one :)

6. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Just did a 8:26 nordschleife. Everything off.

7. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Ok. Thanks

8. If you're talking about Cobra.. ..that car should be fairly easy to drift.

9. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I don't think it worked. But in Fanatec wheel settings wheel angle is 900 and dampening strength is 100%

10. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Degrees of rotation 958
    Brake gamma 4.45
    Steering settings all 0 gamma 1.0
    Gain122
    Filter 99
    MF 0
    KE 150
    RE 101
    SE 20

11. TomTrick

TomTrick Gamer

I don't have a Fanatec wheel, but a Thrustmaster TX, but 122% Gain? Doesn't it clip the FFB? (which could explain the no feel of slides)
    And also Brake gamma, try 1.0 instead which will give linear braking force.
    Also try with KE, RE and SE = 0 (canned effects, not from wheel FFB)
    Set degrees of rotation to same as in Fanatec settings: 900

12. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Do you have clubsport pedals? Then try with brake gamma 1.0 This will be a linear braking pedal input.
    Put gain to 100%, and then you can adjust in the game using + and - from numpad, for every car and it will auto save the value. But 100 should be fine for all as a start. Also depends how much force% your fanatec wheel is set to.

Degrees of rotation in the game should be 900, if your physical wheel also does 900. This is to ensure you are using the correct steering ratios for all cars.

Filter 0, or if it rattles too much, put it to 10%, depending on the track. Kerb, road, and slip effects, put them to 0 as well.

13. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Wow! My system is definitely not working that good. Is that an accuforce wheel?

14. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I got mine working just good enough to recognized the wheel turning into the skid a little.
    The track and corners feel bigger. And feels faster now. Starting to match the speedometer.
    Heck I feel the speed in your video on my phone.
    How does that work?

15. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Oh yeah. I've got a about 10% of input from my software compared to yours.
    I can't believe the difference.
    Mine feels like sliding on ice at times. I guess that is no information from computer time. Lol

16. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

So is that running with stability control off completely?

17. The wheel is Direct drive Open Simwheel and FOV is true 1:1 adjusted with Triple Screen App inside AC.

I have all of the canned FFB effects disabled (road, slip, kerb and enchanced understeer), Gyro experiment is enabled from assetto_corsa.ini (may not be good for non-Direct-Drive wheels), Damper_min 0.25 from the same file (same as above about non-DD's), FFB Filtering disabled. Basically the FFB should be as 'pure' as possible but with 25% damping.

Edit: Not used any assists. :)

18. kikie

kikie Simracer

Controlling a car in AC is perfectly possible. It's harder than in real life but it is nevertheless possible. It also depends on the car you're driving, the setup and tire of that particular car.
    The problem with controlling a car in a game is that you are not in the car and don't feel anything and you only have a visual aid (monitor) to see whenever the car is loosing control. I for one, hardly uses FFB because FFB is race sims is unrealistic and ruin the experience for me. It's a personal thing. In some race sims, when you lose a car, the FFB makes it harder to (counter)steer. It is the opposite in real life. Also, if you use a FOV of 19 on a 24 inch 16:9 monitor (my personal settings), it is very hard to judge how many degrees you car is going sideways and makes it very hard to judge how you must (degrees) countersteer. It is very easy to over countersteer making the slide ever worse and the car will snap in the opposite direction, losing the car in the proces. If I had a multi monitor setup, it would be easier to catch a slide than when gaming on a single 24 inch monitor 16:9 as I do (FOV 19). Also don't forget that the technology of the steering wheels is not as accurate as a real steering wheel. There is always a latency between you steering wheel input and the reaction of the game and what you see in a game. React a fraction of a second too late, and you will lose the control of the car.

This is no to brag of whatever, just to let you know that I have 10 years of understanding of real life car control, theoretical and practical:

Here: http://www.jesco.be/

and

here: http://www.peugeot-driving-academy.be/site/index.php?surf_lang=nl

If my knowledge of the French language was any better, I would have been a car control instructor.

19. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

I think too many people are trying to help him at once and it is quite confusing trying to keep up with it.

So far it is clear he has serious trouble with fps performance out of the PC, wheel settings are all kinds of wrong and FOV is likely on the funky side. So try to get this going with a systematical approach without all the noise around using the forum as an IM service.

1) sort out video settings both in Nvidia panel and in AC for stable performance (those with triple screens shoud answer)
    2) sort out FOV for correct perception of speed and cornering (same as above)
    3) sort out wheel FFB. When I saw filter setting on 99 I almost spilled my coffee. (fanatec owners, please but also check this thread: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/fanatec-wheels-official-thread.3294/ )
    4) and just as important as the first 3 together: sort out the driver with lots of practice

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  20. Nao

Nao Alien

Oh god, that filter at 99 probably messes up everything definitely try dropping it to zero and redo rest of the settings.
    I don't have your wheel so can't recommend good ones, but in general: gain at 122 feels a bit too high and will cause clipping in game, so if you feel the wheel is too weak tweak it in the wheel's own drivers and leave game gain at ~100
    Then if the wheel is working properly (filter at 0) you should not need any KE RE and SE to feel kerbs or road bumps, so set them all to 0 until you are satisfied with general FFB feel and then tweak it last.
    Also if the wheel has a lot of "deadzone" in the center increase MF until you get oscillations on straights (then dial back a little) This setting helps a lot for drifting and general wheel response.

ps: After you get comfortable with FFB try adjusting brake gamma too, 4.45 can work in some cases but it's far from optimal. I would not recommend setting it to 1.0 right away thou (as TomTrick mentions) because it will completely change how the car behaves making FFB setup more complicated than it is already. So one step at a time.

Seria17hri11er and Ace Pumpkin like this.