1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Hard to catch slide without stability control

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by vegaguy 5555, Dec 2, 2015.

1. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Nordschleife, optimum track for the most part, AC street cars, street tires or what it has, AC stock settings 21 c.

2. I've noticed that since 1.3 cold tires are much more unforgiving and the vast majority of my WTF moments happen in the first few turns after heading out with cold tires. Other than that I am sliding the cars everywhere on the Ring with almost no issues that aren't the fault of my own skill set limits.

Check out some of my vids ( https://www.youtube.com/user/NotRickyBobby ) at the Ring and see if it looks like the cars are behaving the same for me as they do for you.

Seria17hri11er and Matty28 like this.
  3. mms

mms Alien

You could use a camera, this would also allow us to see if you have input lag (the wheel should be visible of course)

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  4. Nao

Nao Alien

@vegaguy 5555 is your virtual wheel tightly in sync with the real one? Because if you have lag for whatever reason the cars get unstable tendencies. It's very important to have no visible control delay. (For example just like a tankslapper happens in real life because steering wheel lags behind what car is doing, same can happen in game and often lag can be much greater making even simple corners a handful to control.)

edit: If you have virtual wheel disabled the idea of input lag still applies so turn it on for a while to check it.

Seria17hri11er, mms and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  5. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

You are probably a better driver but it looked like there was more response from your steering.
    I will make a video with a camera so you can see my hands and wheel a little later. Thank you everyone.
    Oh. I did try lowering the effects got about 75 frames and I do notice an improvement thanks.

Seria17hri11er and mms like this.
  6. Here is a quick vid I made using the BMW 1M with street tires at Nords. I can't drift, nor drive insanely fast, I am pretty much right in the middle of 'normal man' territory as far as driving skill. I simply made the vid to show how the car handles when I throw it around. (just noticed that I should have had the pedal app open, sorry about that)

Please record a video making the same run and we will have something to compare.

7. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I will check into it your right.

8. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

75fps on Dual 980's ? Really ? thats not right AT all. Even with 24+ AI you should have Far more FPS.

9. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

Are you basing this off of real life or what you expect a "sim" to be like? Because I think it should be realistic, not some arbitrary level of difficulty to gamify and challenge players. These are supposed to simulate real life, not be a challenging game.

victor86 likes this.
  10. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Oh yeah. My system is definitely not working that good. Are you using any stability control? I would need about 40% to get that kind of steering response.

11. Arch

Arch Alien

Bear in mind that AC does have some bugs with the tires, and while I heavily disagree that sliding a car should be harder to be realistic, there is still some unrealistic behavior causing more grip, but also unnatural behavior that may put some people off. In the end, I think catching slides will be easier, but on the limit driving will also require a bit more care.

For me, there's not a huge problem, in any car. So it could be setup, or it could just be the driver. Sims are quite limiting in feedback and especially drifting feels quite intense in sims, due to the inability to look around without the proper setup, no g-force feeling etc. So it might be a case of getting used to it. When you do, it's quite natural and you don't even notice the bugs and strange behavior.

12. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Totally agree with that.

13. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

That could be.

14. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

That's what I thought. I'm sure it's my bad computer skills.

15. No stability control, no TCS, only change from default set-up was choosing street tires. (I'm also using no auto clutch or auto blip; I heel and toe with H-pattern but that shouldn't matter at all for what we are looking for)

16. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Do you do any real track racing? Not judging just asking.

17. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I think you should listen to Michael.

18. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

I've raced 24 hours of lemons with friends, but no real racing. I mainly do track days/time attack and I used to own a 125cc rotax kart. I do about 15 track days a year. Started in an E92 M3 and now I drive a Honda S2000. My main reason for Assetto Corsa is to help improve my driving in real life and it has been a great tool. I keep all my driving videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/radiantm3/videos

19. Arch

Arch Alien

Lemons? 24 hours of citrus fruit?

20. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

That's really cool. Thank you for your help. I can't wait to get everything working right.
    I want to do some real race track laps before I die.