1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Hard to catch slide without stability control

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by vegaguy 5555, Dec 2, 2015.

1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

You said in a previous post that it stopped working?

2. I see. 100 is crazy high. I only imagine those sorts of frame rates with significantly reduced (ugly) graphics. But that stereotype of mine is probably outdated.

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

He have 980 SLI, he will keep high fps with high graphics settings.

mms and Seria17hri11er like this.
  4. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

The v2 don't work either until I got Windows 7. They wouldn't recognize the firmware from Fanatec. It got so bad that the new v2 wouldn't even turn on. We thought it was brunt out.

5. D1visor

D1visor Alien

So wrong.
    The higher the fps the lower the latency=More responsive game. Just because your 40-60 doesn't ruin the experience for you doesn't mean it will be the same for everyone. You want constant 60, or higher. Especially if your monitor's refresh rate is higher than 60Hz. So @vegaguy 5555, the higher your framerate the better, plus I think you mentioned 144hz monitors (actually I see you have a 60" Plasma, how's the latency on that?What's the model?)

6. Really o_O? "So wrong"?

"The higher the fps the lower the latency=More responsive game." Yes that is true, I never said anything that could be taken as the opposite.

True.

Realize, no one was getting these kind of frame rates say about 5 years ago, or a bit further back. I don't think many people complained about 40 FPS hurting the experience when average frame rates were in that range--however long ago that was is besides my point. When you got near 20, it definitely ruined the experience.

7. esox71

esox71 Alien

Say you have a 60hz tv/monitor and game at 150fps, aren't you only seeing 60 true frames the other 90 are just replicars of the 60 frames?

[RRRV] JuggernAlz likes this.
  8. Nao

Nao Alien

Without v-sync the more fps you have the smoother the image, even above monitor refresh rate ... some years ago i had 100hz CRT and could see the difference between 200fps and 250fps in flight simulators.
    Also rather than being replicas, at 150fps the GPU creates a stream of smoothly changing images while TV/monitor just picks one every 16.6ms it can be said that the other images are "wasted" but when there is a fluctuation in framerate the differences in frame creation time can make the video less smooth.
    edit: this link might be useful: http://www.anandtech.com/show/2794/3
    Plus your FFB is not bound to screen refresh rate and having 150 fps instead of 60 will net you 10ms less of input lag.

Also we cant forget some TV's interpolate their refresh rates, thats why some big screens can have 120hz while in reality it works at 60 or even less, and are in effect pretty bad for gaming. (idk how it is now thou, did not meddle with tv screens for couple of years now)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    esox71 likes this.
  9. esox71

esox71 Alien

Yeah, A 60hz monitor can only show true 60fps :edit

10. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

144hz is
    How about this, this 60in tv we started talking about is a plasma, 600hz, says so right on the box. However no mater what I try, the video card will only give me a 60hz option.
    Also my 144hz monitors will only give me a 60hz option as well when operating all three. It will however give a 144hz option when only one is on.

11. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Oculus rift DK2 is 75hz and if AC is started in VR will give a 75hz option.

12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

You will be able to use 144Hz on all monitor three monitors. Use the dual link dvi and display port connections.
    You seems like a guy that bought way to expensive equipment but dont get to use all of its potential. :p

D1visor likes this.
  13. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I am using one displayport and two dual link dvi. I checked and looked to make sure. Would having two different cables be a problem?

14. esox71

esox71 Alien

Your Tv won't be 600hz, It's kidding on it is, it's 60hz, maybe even 50hz, are you using nvidia surround? Maybe it doesn't support 144hz in surround mode I don't know about that.

15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

That shouldnt matter. Go into Nvidia controllpanel and configure surround. Cant you change to 144Hz there?

I dont have a triple setup myself but im sure it will work with all having 144Hz :)

16. esox71

esox71 Alien

I don't think your sure about anything, including what cables he has :p

kofotsjanne likes this.
  17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

One display port and two dual link dvi :p

esox71 likes this.
  18. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I try once in awhile. No luck.

19. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I recommend you to make a new thread here on the forum with this specific issue. Im pretty positive you will get help pretty fast. :)

esox71 likes this.
  20. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Someone told me about it before and I checked.