1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Hard to catch slide without stability control

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by vegaguy 5555, Dec 2, 2015.

1. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I am sorry to bother you guys. I'm sure you are all very busy.

I am an old guy that is not very good at computers so I am sure the problem is mine.

I love Assetto Corsa and enjoy practising driving street cars fast. I got everything working pretty good but am have trouble catching the beginning of a back end slide (drift). No I don't want to do drifting just have the car respond to my steering into the skid and wheel spin. Both throttle and steering have almost no effect of this lingering slide.

If I turn stability control on about 40% or so it starts to behave more like a real car but would like to get it working the best I can without stability control. (none of my cars have it)

I have had other guys, even with the exact same car, try and all agree that it doesn't feel right. (No control in a skid without stability control.) We all have never had this happen with our real cars.
    If this is the best that Assetto Corsa is right right now is an ok answer. You guys are race-car simulator gods and I will be happy to enjoy your beautiful creation the way it is. There is nothing that I have tried that feels this good.

If there is something I have wrong or need to have better, please let me know.

i7 4790, solid state hard drive 50% capacity, 32gigs ram, windows 7 64bit home premium, 2 GTX 980s, triple benq 144hz/DK2, Club Sport V2 Fanatec BMW rim, full surround sound theatre, Razer Cortex, malwarebits, Advanced System Care 9. Everything is running fast and clean. All housed in a racing cockpit so it doesn't drive my wife insane.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
    victor86 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics Bugs & Issues The M3 E92 is really hard to catch? Nov 9, 2013
    ACC Hardware Discussions [Suggestion] additional eye tracking hardware. Apr 27, 2023
    Bug reports Charmeleon graphic glitch in Paul Richard Mar 1, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions It depends on the hardware Jan 7, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Hard reboot of whole system when selecting game mode [PSU failure] Dec 18, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality HP G2 necessary Hardware Oct 5, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Help for a beginner sim set up (hardware) Sep 6, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error [potential CPU/RAM OC complication or RAM hardware issue] May 15, 2021
    ACC Gameplay How to reliably pick an AI level for a close, hard race? Feb 21, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 fatal error [wide variery - possible hardware issue] Feb 17, 2021
    ACC Tools SimHub plugin: Automatic steering wheel hardlock/softlock (SimuCUBE, Thrustmaster) Jan 28, 2021
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues ACC Server Hardware Requirements Jan 12, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Lets benchmark the new hardware for ACC VR Nov 21, 2020
    Chit Chat Room The Genius (Casillo) working or enjoying his hard earned money? Oct 19, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions New hardware; low FPS..? Sep 25, 2020

3. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I saw your thread on steam, but you should upload a video while playing or during the replay, in cockpit cam. And include the pedals app, so that we see your pedal inputs, and possibly the gear app to see speed/revs. I don't know which cars you tried and didn't behave accordingly, but for now you'll need to look out because some cars have unfinished parameters/values for tyres, so isn't good to judge completely. Other explanations could be you don't know well the technique of drifting or sliding and catching the car, or you are using the wrong tyre compound for such things. And lastly, ffb settings can also influence the way you feel the car.

Fear, speedbee, Salad Fingers and 3 others like this.
  4. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

It has to be a wheel/pedal setup issue or just a driver issue. Catching the car in AC is just like it happens in real life for me. For the longest time I've used AC as a car control practice tool and it has greatly improved my ability to drive the car sideways in real life (in controlled environments at the track of course).

As Quffy mentioned, seeing a video of you trying to catch a slide will help figure out where the problem lies.

Sunday and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  5. Some Guy

Some Guy Racer

I recently, when the performance profiler option was added to the setup menu, went through an exercise of dialing back graphics options in order to increase frame-rate. I managed to increase my frame-rate by about 50% - I don't remember exactly what options I changed to make that happen - and found that my ability to catch slides also increased by about 50%. FWIW, that was going ~60 fps to ~90 fps. Your mileage may vary. For me, it was worth it.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  6. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Thanks for the kind feed back. It got a little ugly in steam.
    Yeah, I was thinking about a doing a video. Not sure how to do it. But will try.

7. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Oh man. I'm glad to hear that. I am really excited about AC now.
    The way its working now is making it harder to drive in a real car. AC is making me steer too soon and too much in a real car.
    I got something wrong in my system. I did get the brakes feeling pretty good now without ABS.

8. This might come off sounding harsh, and I assure you that the gist of the post isn't meant to be that way, but:
    Just judging from your rig you sound like the same type of guy that spends thousands on his golf clubs and then still gets puzzled when he can't drive the ball more than a hundred yards.

Anyways, open your nvidea geforce experience and set-up the shadowplay recording options. It is all very self explanatory and easy to do. This will make it easy to record and share videos.

Horus likes this.
  9. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

10. Horus

Horus Alien

I have to agree with a few here that it has become easier to catch a moment more so than it has been. Now that could be classed as a dumbing down of the physics/control systems, but to me it is a little too easy and I hope it will go somewhat a little closer to how it used to be, but not to the point where it was impossible and seemed a little over done when control was lost.

I hope you get the same feel, as some of us have now, soon. Good luck mate.

11. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I think am about 60. A while ago I made a big difference with reflections settings.

Vel likes this.
  12. D1visor

D1visor Alien

@vegaguy 5555 I saw you post on steam forums where someone accused you of being a troll, sadly. Best you can do is; 1. Record the issue you're having 2. Open the FPS app in game (it has a monitor saying 60 in the middle for an icon) 3. Tell us what is the perceivable delay between you moving your wheel and the on-screen wheel. I will do my best to get you up and running as long as you're willing to listen :).

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
    Ace Pumpkin and Hans Meier like this.
  13. Also, post a screen shot or type out what your controller settings are.

You can also try the "Enhanced Understeer Effect." It could help a lot.

14. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

Everyone here is missing the main information needed: what car are you trying to catch? Because if it the miura or cobra, no wonder it is hard. Once they go, they go.

15. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Ok. I will do that.
    I don't expect to be a great driver. I just want it to respond to the wheel. I don't care if I'm ever a good driver.
    I just want to practice. But ever one how tires my setup has the same response. It is getting better from yesterday. Thank you all.

Salad Fingers likes this.
  16. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I haven't tried the understeer effect yet. I guess I am just looking for an older street car feel but will have a try Thanks.

17. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Not really o_O. They are harder then most other cars, but you can drift them both no problem as long as you have the skills.

Rift Racer and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  18. Seria17hri11er likes this.
  19. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I know I'm close. I'm sure I'm just a few settings adjustments away from the best experience ever had in AC.

20. What car/track combo are you loading up for your friends to try? (please include track grip level and temp)

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  21. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

The main thing here is I can tell if I messed up because I can't wait to try again. When something else is not right I don't know what to do or care to try until its fixed, simulator or real car.