1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Hard to catch slide without stability control

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by vegaguy 5555, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

Like 100 cars on track at the same time. Cars must be $500 or less before installing safety equipment. It's a total blast and probably the cheapest way to get into road racing around here.

2. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Is that a 1970 opal?

3. kevje

kevje Racer

If you indeed arent getting at least 100 fps minimum from your PC, you might wanna see what your settings in AC and also nVidia's driver settings are at. Ingame you could put reflections on static quality, and smoke on low, FXAA only makes things blurry so I personally dont see a reason to use it. Other than that with your setup I see you use a 60" TV, is it running on 60hz or maybe 24hz? If you then have vsync enabled in the game, and your TV might be on a lower refreshrate than it should, this could make the game feel incredibly unresponsive. That solution might be a longshot though. What could also be possible with the TV, is that its not set to game-mode if it has one. It might be giving you 25-75 milliseconds of input lag, that means the pictures you see on your TV are arriving much later than a near instantly fast PC monitor, causing you to automatically react to what you see visually, much slower in total. A game-mode of perhaps a full 'passthrough' mode could lower it as far down as the TV can, the default settings often have a high amount of postprocessing done on the picture to make it look even better. Changing and improving the picture you see on your TV costs time to do. It is a plasma screen though, they are the type of TV thats generally faster than any other flat panel on the market.

Then it might also be a problem with nvidia's drivers and in particular the SLI settings. Now I dont have an SLI system myself so I cant really help you there with specifics, only that you might want to try different drivers, or maybe look up some custom SLI settings to improve performance.

It could also have something to do with your wheel settings. Now again I have different gear so I dont know anything about Fanatec wheels, but maybe there are some settings enabled that are making your FFB react wrong. Could your wheel perhaps be forcing its driver settings in all games? If Fanatec wheels can rotate 1080 degrees, maybe its stuck on that while you are trying to drive a racecar that should have around 540 degrees of steering.
    Ingame is really quite straight forward: You could do the controller-wizard, and usually it should work fine after that. Dont mess with the 'Steering Settings' like Gamma, Filter and Speed Sensitivity, those are only for customizing and going away from realism.

I think that might be all I can come up with from the hardware and gear side of things. I hope it helps improve AC ^^

4. While your FPS isn't as high as it should be I absolutely would not focus on improving it at this time. The FPS you are getting is absolutely adequate enough to catch slides.

Another good question. What size monitor are you using? And what is your FOV set at? If your FOV is not set properly you could have a very hard time detecting the initial slide.

LeDude83, cbNXD and Rift Racer like this.
  5. Epocx

Epocx Alien

There are some obvious things that you need to check before you drive:

- Track Grip: i would recommand fast or optimum
    - Temperature 18C or above
    - Choosing tires. With slower cars street tires are fine. >500 hp dont take road tires anymore.. maybe ;)
    - first 4 km or so warm the tires up slowly
    - try not to floor the gas pedal

The Nordschleife is especially hard to drive, get the line wrong, watch the banks cudle with you.
    When your system is correctly configured with steering angle (at least 900 degrees, very important both profiler and ingame. did you do the calibration?),
    it might still be superhard to keep the car on the road, i certainly had my problems with it. it will get better with time ;)

have fun & good luck

PS: good starting point is the bmw 235i racing with decent hp and great grip.
    PPS: the only real fps hogs are reflections at this point as far as i know, just turn them down to a minimum/static.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  6. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Thank you for a very well thought out support. I am trying to make a video but having a problem. I think it's my triple screen res messing up the recording. Which reminds me to update my page. 144hz benq.
    I was getting 60 fps lowered some things now 75 fps. A 100 you say.
    When I get the video you'll see the cobra sliding as if on ice. But I'll let you judge for yourself.
    Thanks again

7. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I just noticed that I can't use shadow play because my video cards don't recognize Assetto Corsa. Could this be an issue?

8. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

Could be display lag on the TV exacerbated by using Vsync. Make sure any tv image processing is turned off or set it to "PC" mode if the option exists. Maybe check your model here: http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

9. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

The Cobra.... err.. it's one of the most challenging cars to keep on the tarmac in AC. You really have to feather the gas pedal on that one, if you're brutal with your foot the car.. bites:D. Once you get in sync with that car though it's absolute pleasure. I think the tire model on the Cobra is not the latest, though. I would first get familiar with some other car, like the BMW 1M as suggested.

Not sure if it can help with your wheel, but to get a less "oscillating" wheel you can also activate the experimental gyroscope effect. I use a T500RS which has pretty strong FFB and it feels better now.
    Try from: \Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini
    ENABLE_GYRO=0
    to
    ENABLE_GYRO=1

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  10. Not sure is it because of the triple screens but I haven't got Shadowplay to work. Fraps is working well.

Most common things that can make catching slides difficult are:
    - Input lag (pre-rendered frames?)
    - Low FPS (shouldn't be an issue in your case)
    - Wrong FOV (use the triple screen app)
    - Tyre temperatures & dirty tyres

Anyhow, catching slides in AC shouldn't be too hard.

Seria17hri11er, cbNXD and D1visor like this.
  11. I set Shadowplay to manual and whenever you hit the shortcut keys (I changed mine so I forget what default is) there should be a green circle in the bottom right of one of your screens; when the green circle is showing it is recording.

12. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I have tried many combinations, 60" plasma, DK2 Oculus Rift, and now triple 1millisecond 24" monitors. Windows 8, 8.1, 10 and now 7. I didn't even know I had a problem until I said something about lingering slid a few months ago. Someone told me you have to use stability traction to fix the problem. But now I see videos of guys controlled slides with everything off. I have had some pretty good drivers in here find it very annoying with all driving aids off.

13. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I actually recorded it now I can't figure out how to retrieve it. It's in the gallery but gallery doesn't work.
    Sorry guys. I have failed.

14. Just because you or your friends are good drivers in real life doesn't mean that those skills transfer equally, or instantly, when driving a sim. No matter how you slice it, a FFB wheel takes getting used to and the amount of time it takes before it 'clicks' and feels natural varies from person to person. Having to use visual and audio clues to determine what the car is doing while having no G-forces exerted on your body while sitting in a static seat takes a bit of time before it truly feels natural.

If using stability control in the game makes the cars feel more real to you, then knock yourself out and set it whatever feels good to you. Keep in mind that Stability Control in game is not the same thing as a real cars ESP system, and that cars will feel drastically different to you if you join a MP server that doesn't allow it. (most don't)

Fear and Silhuette like this.
  15. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I downloaded a beda nvidia driver by accident and
    That is very true. On the plus side I think I'm just about there. I have been doing all the tweets everything has been telling me about and just now accidentally downloaded a beda nvidia driver and I'm now getting 120+ fps. The cobra is getting drivable.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  16. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Now now, don't give up so fast. Go into your shadowplay settings and look in what directory it is storing the recorded footage.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  17. TomTrick

TomTrick Gamer

I don't think shadowplay works with SLI, does it?

18. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Back in the gran turismo days I was the one with the room with no driving aids and street hard tires or what ever they were called. I did a lot of driving by myself. "Race with bias ply tires" yeah baby.

19. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

That would explain a lot.

20. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

So far no. No it doesn't. Not for for me.