1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How are you going to vote in the Ferrari poll?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by kofotsjanne, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

You not a fan of single-make racing?

LChaves likes this.
  2. McGraw

McGraw Racer

F50 GT
    430 Scuderia
    F12

3. jason moyer

jason moyer Racer

When it's appropriate. I mean, it works with the 962C ST because IMSA GTP and Group C were both almost 962-spec series in the mid 80's until Jag and then Nissan and then Eagle/Toyota got their stuff together (and Sauber, but that's the wrong side of the pond for me :) ). I also don't mind it as much with the F1 cars because I know the licensing issues are there...I'd be curious to know when F1's commercial rights for the sport began, because if I had to guess at the earliest it would be sometime after the FISA/FOCA war and at the latest whenever all the commercial rights stuff was officially put together and given to FOM in the mid-90's. I'd be surprised if Liberty or whomever could do anything if we had 60's or 70's F1 cars that raced each other.

I run the 3 90's DTM cars together, which in itself is kind of dodgy since the only ones that are even from the same category are the 92 M3 E30 and the 190 Evo2 (the Alfa 155 was Class 1).

I keep a spreadsheet to keep track of setup and engineering data for my favorite cars (makes it easy to build new baselines every time a patch updates a car), and the categories I use are: GT3, VLN Specials (i.e. the SCG cars and the M3 GT2), VLN Cup (235i Racing, GT4 CS, GT3 Cup, upcoming Audi TT VLN), 90's DTM (they're fairly well BOP'd even though the Alfa should probably stomp the other 2 cars), 80's F1 (1 car), Group C (1 car...I won't get into it...), and 70's F1 (2 cars that didn't race each other). Other than the 98T and 962ST, it's basically stuff that does or has raced on the Nordschleife since that's a track we actually have in the sim (that aspect of the car selection is another thread to itself) and generally has something to race with. 70's F1 really shouldn't fit, but 70's F1 prior to 77 was basically a bunch of DFV-powered Lotus 72-inspired cars and Ferrari.

GCCRacer likes this.
  4. Peter Burke

Peter Burke Racer

I have to be honest, if any future KUNOS made Ferrari will have the same garbage restrictions on what it can run against I'd prefer a modder tackle it. Looking at you F138 and SF15T. I don't care how nice a car is; if I can't race it against whatever I want to it's worthless.

For instance someone mentioned adding a competitor to the Lotus 98T or 49. That would be awesome if we can actually run them against each other. Obviously the 312T can be run freely; so perhaps Ferrari has a cut off to when they care.

Louizf likes this.
  5. jason moyer

jason moyer Racer

I'm pretty sure that's an FOM restriction (or Liberty now, I guess). I'd love to hear someone who's dealt with licensing and can clarify things in that regards, but I'm almost certain that before a certain year there was no cohesive commercial package for the sport (that was definitely something that Bernie created at some point). I don't think an all-encompassing commercial rights package for F1 existed prior to 1995, but it's hard to find information on this stuff online. My impression is that Codemsaters or EA or whomever has licensed an F1 season from 95 onwards gets the entire sport in one deal, as opposed to the situation with Papyrus and Grand Prix Legends where they had to get rights for every individual car/driver/track.

6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

It was the same thing on GT5, the Ferrari F1 cars couldn't be raced against anything else. It's probably because of licencing restrictions like Jason said.

7. Louizf

Louizf Racer

If there's the option for them, Challenge 360 or 430.
    Or any that could have a direct competitor on our current hoster of cars.

SvenUilhoorn likes this.
  8. Motorsports

Motorsports Gamer

But you're on the glorious PC MasterRace, make advantage of it !
    If Kunos can't, then you possibly can

9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I'd really like to see a couple more 67 F1 cars and tracks to run them on. I'm not sure if Kunos would go there though. I can understand why they wouldn't want to piss FOM off even if going back that far isn't strictly under their jurisdiction.

Forza have had the Lotus, Brabham and Eagle iirc.

rge75 likes this.
  10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

We can drive the 312t against other cars so that the two last f1 cars arent possible is probably some specific license issue with new f1 cars.

Mogster likes this.
  11. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I'm just intrigued to know how far back FOMs tentacles extend. Bernie started the ball rolling in the 80s iirc.

Liberty seems keener to exploit possible commercial avenues so maybe things will be relaxed a bit. Other heavily commercialized series race series like NASCAR and Supercar seem happy to see their series cars be represented in multiple products

12. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Still they most likely purchased the rights for previous seasons as well.
    IIRC the contract with Codemasters was for 10 years. So I wouldn't expect anything different soon.

Having said that imo you can get more exciting racing than F1 in AC. ;)

Tim Meuris likes this.
  13. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

if there will be an option for a challenge car then i will be voting for that because i don't want cars that cant race with other cars in game.

SvenUilhoorn likes this.
  14. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

speaking of challenge car. would you guys vote for 458 challenge to get the real version even though we pretty much have it already with the 458 stage 3?

15. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

I would, and if that happens you will actually see that car in servers. Currently i cant see the s3 on servers.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

16. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

This ferrari seems to be fun

Schnipp likes this.
  17. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

You should try the Ferrari 643 mod if you haven't yet. Great car, really fun to drive.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  18. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I have made a lot of laps with it around Monaco 1988 Mod, as I did with other 90s and 80s F1 car mods. But not enough, I'm sure. Also with 98T. They are pretty good. PS, but MKorp McLaren is way too fast, or too easy.. IDK

19. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I think the Ferrari vote will look like this:
    Do you want a Ferrari DLC featuring 7 iconic cars?
    [ ] Yes
    [ ] No

:D

fr13del, pollinho123 and mantasisg 2 like this.
  20. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

And some people would still accidentally press no, like they does rating things in RD - says "I love it, it is awesome, it is perfect" and gives only four stars lol

aphidgod and Schnipp like this.