1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just tried AC in VR

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chris, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

not sure what settings you are already using, but this thread has most of the answers
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/assetto-corsa-vr-guide.19037/

Derrellbiffle likes this.
  2. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

3. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Cote Dazur likes this.
  4. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

5. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

I have just joined the VR bandwagon and have to say WOW! and OMG!...all that I have read has proved to be true. To sit the AMG GT3 and look down into the cockpit was just amazing. The driving experience has also been fantastic.

One thing I am not sure if I am missing is when in the 650s and Hurrican there is no rear view mirror, I have looked around at various threads and have set mirror_texture to 1 with no joy. Am I correct in thinking that these cars do not have a cockpit rear view mirror?

Unfortunately I was so desperate to try the experience on line that I joined a server in the Hurrican only to be accused of trying to block on a qualifying session because I was not aware of the driver behind me. I use Crewchief and Helicorsa but neither of these alerted me to a car close behind. I tried to explain that I would never do that sort of thing and tried to explain my position but the potty mouth driver would not have it.

I have since also moved the track map more into view to try and spot a car behind me but if anyone can offer any other advice I would be grateful.

Salute and Cheers

Friar

mms, Blamer, bgil66 and 2 others like this.
  6. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

Welcome to the club, buddy! :)

Which HMD did you go for?

7. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Neither of those have rear view mirrors, just the side ones. The Lambo is normally my go to GT3 car (sounds awesome). Crew chief is normally pretty decent at telling you what’s going on. I also have real-time showing to monitor the gaps, it’s out of normal view but I can glance at it from time to time.

Welcome to the VR party.

8. Turk

Turk Alien

Ya, mirrors are one thing screens don't do justice. You find out pretty quickly that all race cars have terrible mirrors.

Helicorsa helps, but I stopped using it, I had to have it right in front of my face to be able to see what's happening. Last time I got the sim rig set up I was pressed for time so didn't bother with all the helpful stuff and I was able to race online, I probably gave some people more room that I should and squeezed others a bit too much but I could manage it.

9. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

the Rift :)

CKraegel likes this.
  10. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Good choice, most user friendly I believe.

CKraegel likes this.
  11. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Quite an old question, but what settings do you currently use in Nvidia CP or Inspector that provide you optimized performance? I’ve seemed to mess up my settings and reset all with DDU and start from scratch with the latest driver. TIA

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  12. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

These are Italians, what's behind you is not important. :)

DD_Friar and chksix like this.
  13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Hi all, new to VR here.
    Bought a used DK2 and having some trouble.
    HMD works, but I cannot click/activate anything.
    I have a wireless xb 1 controller here, but it came with a 360 Wireless Receiver wich obviously don’t work...
    Do I have some options here?

14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Did sit in the Elise, couldn’t get controls to work...
    But it looked immersive!

paul_wev likes this.
  15. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

Welcome to vr, hope you can get it sorted, sorry can’t help (I’ve got a vive and don’t know much about computers)

Ts-pc racer, t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, pc, htc vive, gt omega rig, etc.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  16. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

the controls should work exactly the same as before, the DK2 does not affect the controller, in your case you t500 should work exactly as before.
    you are almost there, hang on.:D
    Welcome to the VR mafia.;)

Ace Pumpkin and paul_wev like this.
  17. mms

mms Alien

What do you mean by "cannot click/activate anything"? Can you see at least the yellow mouse pointer when you move your mouse?

18. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Try to unplug your wireless controler USB reciver if your wheel doesn't work.

19. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

Maybe he didn't use the MOUSE

20. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Nope.
    It’s just that I cannot use my wheel and pedals at all. Axis aren’t recognized in game for whatever reason. Just prior to launch, Content Manager recognized my T5o0, all axis and stuff properly...
    Just in car with the DK2 on, it’s not working....
    If I change drivers, to drive on my monitor, all is good again.
    Changing back to oculus, no inputs from my wheel whatsoever.
    Strange.