1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Kunos are u there? u have 99999999 messages!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by PuffTheMagicBelgian, Apr 9, 2015.

1. kro

kro Simracer

I do give it to them in regards to any of the issues or game prob threads, they are always pretty quick with a response and trying to help resolve issues ... it that respect their communication is good IMO ..

2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I would never got back to real life, its to much arcade.

testdriver69, kro and metalnwood like this.
  3. .Repa24

.Repa24 Hardcore Simmer

I think it's not about helping with problems/bugs etc. but more about general information about the progress of development of the game. And that information is pretty rare in my opinion...

4. PuffTheMagicBelgian

PuffTheMagicBelgian Hardcore Simmer

I still play Battlefield occasionally ;) but did take a step back from time investment in EA games because they nerf the sh*t out of everything until it's simply a boring show f game design, looks pretty but play's like crap.

^^

5. alex72

alex72 Alien

They are hard at work im sure, and they will share info with us when they feel secure to do so. Like you said yourself - they are a small team. They know that giving info out often causes a storm of questions and speculations and therefor not say anything until they are sure they got what they tell us. Its pretty typical tbh (being a closed beta tester in other games i know its VERY typical. We get information that is being kept quiet about for a long time in those games). I think we can safely know though that they are doing their best. At least thats what i base my last 1,5 years on being around here. :)

tabis, kro and PuffTheMagicBelgian like this.
  6. Epocx

Epocx Alien

Games devs are not allowed to:

- leave work place
    - work, because they have to answer community questions
    - have holidays

thats all.

PS: If you stop writing the devs, they might actually get some work done.
    They know about everything that needs improving by now. (Even more, thanks to @PAKFA)

For example, the sound.. Luca also does Forum Admin.
    If he had fewer of stupid threads like this, maybe he had more time to work on the sounds.
    5.1 and Stereo sound as well as bump sound, maybe some varying grass sounds
    would be nice. We loved the hall effects on the straight but they were faulty in 5.1.. now they are gone.
    huge loss.

Maybe i am wrong in that assumption but why not give it a try.

7. PuffTheMagicBelgian

In other words i should keep my stupid idea's and questions to myself, and everything will be wonderful and perfect.
    Not only that but without my input this game's development pace would drastically improve...

Wow dude lol

[​IMG]

8. Epocx

Epocx Alien

If all your ideas are as stupid as to compare Kunos to EA,
    than yes. Please keep them to yourself. I did not bother reading the rest.

I'm out.

Jebus likes this.
  9. PuffTheMagicBelgian

Ok thanks for your very constructive and valuable input into this topic :rolleyes:

10. Kunos Devs are participating in the social media (twitter, forums, facetube etc...) more than any other sim dev I have ever seen.
    This thread is totally ignorant, misinformative and useless.

11. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I wished they participated more on support forum, then social media

But I guess facebook & Twitter can get you new sold copies, support forum won't

.Repa24, Cefa and PuffTheMagicBelgian like this.
  12. Quffy

Quffy Alien

They participate in the support forum, and a lot. They give support to players with game issues, to bugs we report for them to include in one of the next patches. Or do you want them to keep talking in discussions we have in chit chat room, we sometimes make some unreasonable demands, demands like Kunos had the size of Polyphony. But of course, quality of features and content matters a lot, so they compensate by that side.

About fb and twitter, do they need to make the same posts in the support forum they do over there? Those news and teasers spread really fast, so whether you just use steam, reddit, ac forums, racedepartment, virtualir; those news and teasers will reach you quickly.

13. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

so far I posted few bugs about lights on M3 E92 (and lights in general) , bug on Z4 GT3 with it's display, bug about wipers, and probaly some more that I can't recall from the top of my head, and I don't think I have response in any of these (other then, "as designed")

sennacher and .Repa24 like this.
  14. 'As Designed' is a response...just not the one you wanted to hear.

15. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Well latest software update was on March 23, and considering Easter holidays too.. I'd suppose we're back "in the zone" for some news. Honestly I still have to learn many of the cars included in the dream pack, never mind master the Nordschleife, try do drive half as fast as the aliens in multiplayer at Mugello or Imola etc etc. And deal with my wife who starts seriously hating my steering wheel.. :rolleyes: but yes Kunos we need new objectives, new things to talk about on the forum, new steam for the hype train! :D

Mogster likes this.
  16. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

They are not obligated to respond, and remain aloof, much to my liking. If they get too "forum friendly" people lose respect for them. In fact, there are certain members here, high ranking members who already have little respect for anyone. As far as I am concerned, Kunos are all gods on Mount Olympus.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  17. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

Plus, its Dev also never replies either... :rolleyes:

18. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I tend to think when the
    In my experience too much communication causes more problems than it solves.

With other games I've seen dev's starting out intending to constantly chat with the punters. This works initially with a small good natured crowd but over time the fact that they nearly always respond leads to trolling to see a response. This is the internet unfortunately...

bigbawmcgraw and F430_458_F12 like this.
  19. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

If Kunos are taking a bit of a step back and a more mature approach to customer relations, then maybe that's a good thing.
    The whole build up to 1.0 and the DLC was giddy and exciting. Time now to get back to business maybe.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    mistery and Mogster like this.
  20. myimac

myimac Alien

The problem with a train simulation is that when the driver does try to talk to you it will be quiet and muffled... Leaving everybody thinking "what was that he just said?"