1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Learning Tool - Slew car position - Nordschleife

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Speed Demon, Jul 31, 2016.

1. MarcM

MarcM Simracer

I read it and i still think it is making it easier. It makes the learning easier. And quicker and more efficient. Maybe I value the act of learning more than the result of learning. Remember that scene in the matrix where neo downloads multiple martial arts into his brains in seconds, that's terrible :p.

Double disclaimer: I'm not good on the Ring, and I also learned the GPL version of the nordschleife in segments...

2. I find that a very paradoxical statement. :)

3. MarcM

MarcM Simracer

I know, me too :) I'll shut up now.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  4. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

5. Speed Demon

Speed Demon Racer

Thank you for supporting my notion, at least you are on the same page as I am,

Great minds think alike.....;)

6. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Wow...I can't believe I never thought of that before. Just turn around - drive back to wherever I want to begin and drive that section again and again. Sometimes I wonder if my parents dropped me on my head a lot as an infant.

Mike1304, NightEye and Seria17hri11er like this.
  7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

It's been mentioned here and in other, similar threads. It makes no sense to think cutting Nords into chunks of your liking would make for a quicker learning curve.
    You need to connect the corners in a certain way you can only learn with the flow. The fastest way to master this jewel is to hold back and don't overdrive. You will master it in ten successive laps any time. Just get confidence and have patience. The flow will come faster than you think this way.

8. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Sim = drive as reality
    You can't teleport to a section of a track, you shouldn't do that in game.
    Then someone will ask for a "rewind" button...
    Nope.
    You have to feel the adrenaline of doing whole lap knowing that a single mistake is game over.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

9. Nope. That is not how Simulations are approached when using them for real world training. Aircraft simulation at least.

If you are a commercial pilot learning a new aircraft in the simulation, and you just fecked up the landing badly, they aren't gonna have you takeoff again, fly around, redo the approach procedure, and redo the landing. No, they will take it back to a minute or so before you started screwing up. Then you do it again.

Immediate repetition of what your are screwing up is an extremely powerful learning tool.

That's just how you want to approach it, and how you like it. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that at all. And there would be absolutely nothing wrong at all with a slew tool or rewind option and it would in no way have a negative impact on you. You'd never use it, you'd never see it. It wouldn't exist in your sim driving world.

GCCRacer, Mike1304 and NightEye like this.
  10. NightEye

NightEye Alien

Just to add to the above: it's not meant for racing like in those arcade games. When you mess up you go back 5 seconds. No, that would be stupid. It's for practise sessions alone, I'd say.

Seria17hri11er and Mike1304 like this.
  11. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Doing that is simply a cheat.
    Well we agree that we disagree.
    Fortunately Kunos is keeping away of these arcadish stuff.

12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

And it has no use at all for practice sessions. Just saying ( well I just learned that phrase from Mr. Hornbuckle. "Just saying" is a bit of a dump phrase I must admit...
    :))

13. [cheet]

verb (used with object)
    to defraud; swindle:
    He cheated her out of her inheritance.

to deceive; influence by fraud:
    He cheated us into believing him a hero.

to elude; deprive of something expected:
    He cheated the law by suicide.
    verb (used without object)

to practice fraud or deceit:
    She cheats without regrets.

to violate rules or regulations:
    He cheats at cards.

to take an examination or test in a dishonest way, as by improper access to answers.

Informal. to be sexually unfaithful (often followed by on):
    Her husband knew she had been cheating all along. He cheated on his wife.

noun
    a person who acts dishonestly, deceives, or defrauds:
    He is a cheat and a liar.

a fraud; swindle; deception:
    The game was a cheat.

Law. the fraudulent obtaining of another's property by a pretense or trick.

an impostor:
    The man who passed as an earl was a cheat.

NightEye and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  14. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Still a cheat , just saying ( he he )

15. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

I think it is arcadish that you can jump from one track (Nordschleife for example) to another track (Spa for example) within a few seconds whereas in real life it would take hours to get there. But I'm no cheater, so I never play two tracks on the same day. I hope that Kunos will cancel this arcade-feature ("time jump") in a future update. :rolleyes:

Seria17hri11er, GCCRacer and NightEye like this.
  16. NightEye

NightEye Alien

LOL, exactly.
    Part of a similator is that you can simulate anything, so that means switching locations, changing time, changing position, changing cars, etc. If that's cheating, wow..

It would be a great feature to have. If people use it is up to them.

17. liakjim

liakjim Alien

The examples mentioned are not even close.
    Ok no need to continue.

18. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

So if it's 'cheating' to start a lap at a specific point on the track, presumably pressing 'esc' then immediately starting a new one is as well? Is Hotlap mode also cheating because it conveniently starts you somewhere near the end of the lap?

For what it's worth, while you're learning a track (which appears to be the point of this topic) it doesn't make sense to quit a lap part way through because of a mistake. That's exactly why you end up being more familiar with the first part of the track than what follows it. Screwing up at Adenauer Forst might mean you won't break your PB, but carrying on and completing the lap has pretty obvious benefits regardless.

Seria17hri11er and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  19. NightEye

NightEye Alien

It could also be a really useful dev app. To quickly test if a change you've made turned out right. Saves you from either driving all the way up there (imagine lake louise...) or editing the starting positions.

20. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Especially that if you are learning the 'Ring, then if you restart and won't crash at Adenauer this time, you most likely will in Miss-Hit-Miss, or Wehrseifen, or Ex-Muhle, or.... ;)

AC was the first game in which I really learned the whole track (thanks to Snoopy and all people involved in making the mod) without saying "f... it, I'm done". I learned it the hard way and now I know the layout and can lap it quite OK. The only downside of learning the 'Ring is that once you know the layout it becomes addictive. ;)

About the feature, as long as it's optional I couldn't care less.

Seria17hri11er and Ace Pumpkin like this.