1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look What The Cat Hacked In - Summer Special 2016 - E01

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Schnipp, Jul 29, 2016.

1. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

They got massively better in latest update.. and in latest stream Stefano found a very interesting idea for AI further improvement.

Also console version is coming now, and for console gamers would think offline AI is very important. Can you imagine console users having leagues, with 50% players sliding around with their gamepads. There won't be simracing systems, minorating, helicorsa, server admins (?). Also afaik majority of PC playerbase plays mostly offline, Kunos collects some stats about this and iirc that was the case.

coret3x likes this.
  2. Although the AI clearly improved in certain ways, its just too much work, they (small team) are investing (wasting) way too much precious time and resources on something that will never be better than the real human driving in MP.

I have to agree that it´s already good enough to already stop working on it and get onto those better things of the endless to-do (wishlists) lists that never get work time on before the next update (DLC). There´s a time when enough is enough and priorities prioritized.

3. The AI are already better than the vast majority of the people online.

4. Lol

5. baboon

baboon Alien

Wow, what an achievement!

kofotsjanne likes this.
  6. spidiG

spidiG Racer

Support your fellow gamers you selfish pricks, SP and MP should be fully supported....

7. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

I do not want to see any immature posts again. I removed those which were going too far. If I see anything similar take for sure that the next action wont be a post removal.

The Moog and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  8. myimac

myimac Alien

Hey Stefano,

You mentioned that you might explain render stats in the next stream, I would love to hear about it.

At the moment I'm struggling to get decent performance on any slightly large grid. I have an i7 with 1080 GTX card and even with everything turned down I can't get the type of performance I would expect. Render stats show 54% CPU, 30% physics, 17% FMOD Usage and 12% FMOD

Thanks

9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

So, this time I may be right Christopher...
    Happy birthday.

Christopher Low likes this.
  10. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

11. Save your questions for the stream.

12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Stefano has been taking questions from threads like this one in the past.

13. I assume you didnt watch all the streams, cause he told to post the questions in the chat or to leave them as comments in youtube, to be answered in the next stream.

mms likes this.
  14. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Point to where Stefano instructed people to not post questions on the forum please.

15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Not exactly a point made.
    But we know Stefano doesn't take part in the forums any longer. (Hornbuckle hint, so take it or leave it ;))

16. The Dynamic temps, why was removed from 1.7?

17. DaveS78

DaveS78 Simracer

Marco is dropping a lot of info in this stream! I've missed most of it unfortunately.

18. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

It's YT, skip back or watch later as replay.

19. DaveS78

DaveS78 Simracer

I know, just won't have time today.

20. Quffy

Quffy Alien

After the stream youtube saves the video.

21. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

OK.

So no Suzuka, licence too expensive. [​IMG]