1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating filter in server browser

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ears1991, Oct 26, 2015.

1. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

searching for "mr" yields too many irrelevant results, would be nice if we could filter to just show MR servers

maybe a little premature but its popularity is increasing and increasing

Gunja, Berniyh, Andy-R and 1 other person like this.

2. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

try [MR] perhaps that cleans up the list?

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Yes, this would be pretty good.

Not only filtering servers that have minorating, but also it would be good to select each grade that a server may allow individually.
    Even better would be to show the drivers own grade somewhere and advise him to pick a server that suits that grade (e.g. preselect AB in case you're AB or ABCN if you're N).

While minorating isn't officially supported (and doesn't have to be), it would be cool to introduce at least support at this level, which would mainly be a UI thing.
    After all, even the Kunos servers have minorating installed. ;)

4. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I tried to experiment with a custom online browser, but actually it wouldn't help. As soon as you additionally need MR information, Kunos would need to add MR as dependency. In my example the online browser wouldn't even ask the Kunos Lobby for servers, but the MR backend. Any problem while I'm out of the house (maybe a weekend on the ring) would remove your capability to drive online races in AC - maybe a bad example but for sure nothing Kunos could take responsibility for.

The failsafe things I can think of take lots of effort (like a second <server_ip>:port/INFO call that is allowed to fail, but can be spoofed) share the same: Suddenly the lights could go out, and people would complain around the internetz - hurting AC and Kunos way more than any mod integration could do good.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love the upgrade and there is also a huge leverage in the mod's effectivity - but reality says no. We need to stick with 3rd party helpers. The 1.7 patch might have a little surprise here btw.

But there is something we all could do: Let's try to have a consistent naming convention. I mean have a look at the MR servers: http://www.minorating.com/Stats
    So many without even a hint of MR, and the grades are written in so many different ways you can't really filter for them. I'd say let's stick to the official servers like: Kunos #002 [MR ABCN] by RackService.org
    Not MR-ABC, not MR [ABC], not MR [ALL] or whatever.

I'm even thinking of a simple but rude change that a server is rejected if it's name doesn't correctly express the blocking restriction. If there is a meaningful convention, Kunos might even consider a special - name based - filter, who knows?

5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Well yeah, showing the rate was maybe going a bit too far. For the rest, you wouldn't need minorating.

server-side it would only be a tag in that the admin can select grades he wants to allow. These don't have to be synchronized to minorating, just like it's the case with the current method (the server name), but with better filtering.

This could of course lead to the situation where a server would indicate to run minorating, e.g. at grade ABC, while it doesn't or possibly allows different grades as well.
    It's not really different from the current situation, so it would still be an improvement.