1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Need advice for a probably unique situation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Alphan, Jan 24, 2015.

1. hazardic

hazardic Alien

2. Turk

Turk Alien

The triple screens will be the most expensive option, from both a money perspective and a space perspective. They will take up a lot of space.

It would depend on what your doing with AC. If you want to win online races 3 screens would probably be a much better option. If you just want to have fun then the rift would certainly tick that box and at a much cheaper price.

The benefit of going with 3 screens might be that you'd have a fair idea that your rig will be able to run the consumer rift. I'm so tempted to buy a DK2, I flip flop constantly on whether to buy it or not.

Alphan and JoeMoore like this.
  3. JoeMoore

JoeMoore Racer

I will say this , for gamers wanting good resolution no screen door affect and gaming company having proper support ( DO NOT BUY ) :)
    Now for people like me that don't care to much about res / screen door / but just love the VR feeling and being fooled your in the car cockpit of your choice BUY BUY .

If oculus rift developer kit breaks ,gets stolen , I will purchase the same DK2 that same day , even if I only have it for 3 months , that just me - then sell sell sell - I love it and that's the key .

I also beleave that 3 screen gaming will be a thing of the past in 3 years / VR will get better ,smaller ,lighter wireless and more practical , it will be like wearing sunglasses lol lol lol .

Alphan likes this.
  4. drdoomslab

drdoomslab Hardcore Simmer

Hi hazardic,

Yes i looked into this as well and it sounds very promising (DLP projection straight onto the eye) but unfortunately the FOV they have for the first release is way too small. Also its nowhere near as done as the Oculus Rift and will take time to come to market. Also Alphan said he wanted to get something now or soon because in a few months he will not have the time to use his sim rig so much and wanted something cool now. The Samsung one is using Oculus tech and the Project Morpheus is all over the place as the keep changing specs and ideas. I've heard that it originally had its own GPU as the PS4 could not hack it. But seems like its only going to be playing low polly demos/games. I also think they will try and lock it to the PS4 as its a PS4 peripheral. They also say its 2x 1080p screens but thats BS because it 960x1080p. They are not being very forthcoming with it all the spec's and again its one to wait for and see.

If you have a nice android smartphone and want to experience VR cheap get a google cardboard or similar. I was quite impressed for what it was and the cost. If you can root your phone you can then make it into a "Oculaus Thrift".

Cheers,

DrDoomsLab.

hazardic and Alphan like this.