1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Need advice on Lotus 98T@Imola: Acqua Minerali

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by wm79, May 15, 2016.

1. wm79

wm79 Gamer

Hey guys, I need advice on either how to correctly drive through the Acqua Minerali or on how to set up the car correctly. I drive around 1:30:00 and I either lose 1-2 sec. in this curve or I spin out there. I approach the first fast bend after the Piratella at about 250km/h, I lift of the gas before taking the fast bend without braking, after the car goes straight again I immediately brake. I try to take the slow bend with 100-110km/h, but either I have to hit the clutch (I drive with the H-Shifter) or I have immediate turn-in-oversteer, even if I the the foot is already off the clutch when I turn in. My questions:

1) How do I drive the slow bend with a Formula 1 car? With 458 GT2, Z4M GT2 etc the bend is quite easy, ironically I even pass the bend faster than with the Lotus 98T when driving a GT2 car.

2) How do I avoid turn-in oversteer in this bend setup-wise? I have a very agile setup with quite a stiff suspension and low differential settings, wings 6-11, Q-Slicks with low pressure. Is there a way do get rid of the turn-in oversteer without touching the mentioned settings, maybe just by modifiying toe/chamber?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox series need advice Mar 9, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Need some advice for VR settings Feb 27, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions need advice? Mar 14, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Need Advice For A Playseat Dec 19, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Setup advice needed Sep 13, 2018
    Chit Chat Room rip my gtx770, picking new gpu need advice. Aug 2, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Beginner needs some driving advice Jun 25, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Need advice on my settings please May 24, 2018
    Chit Chat Room New players needs advice Feb 22, 2018
    Chit Chat Room In need of some dedicated server advice! Apr 22, 2017
    Chit Chat Room In Need of Some Sound Advice Apr 21, 2017
    Console Lounge Tuning advice needed Jan 27, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Advice needed due handicap Feb 24, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Little advice needed adapting to 1.2 force feedback for a nub. Aug 13, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Need advice for a probably unique situation Jan 24, 2015

3. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

1. Make sure you aren't engine-braking on high rpm when you flick the car into the corner (just around 10% gas should be enough).
    2. Check you have positive rear toe, if you don't, try that first.
    3. I the rear toe doesn't cure it, try using positive front toe (to reduce turn-in). Worsening the front when the rear isn't working would be my last resort in general.

I haven't driven the specific combo and these are just general tips you could try.

4. Not sure what you mean by "low differential settings" but low coast lock will cause turn-in oversteer in general. I'm not familiar with the combo but if the corner is that double right hander before that really tight chicane, you might want to be more smooth, braking earlier, coasting in and trying to avoid the curbs. Also in AC diffuser stall is a thing and this corner should be ideal place to suffer from it.

5. iVG

iVG Alien

Don't clip the inside on the first kink or else diffuser will stall.

6. wm79

wm79 Gamer

What is diffuser stall? And what do you mean by not clipping the inside? Not to touch the curb with the right wheel in the first fast bend?

7. Yeah, stay away from the inside curb.

Most of the downforce with 98T comes from the huge diffuser and diffusers have optimal operation range (ride height). If your rear ride height goes too low your diffuser will stall and is no more capable to produce downforce. That is something you really want to avoid. On a place like this it pretty much means instant spin.

8. wm79

wm79 Gamer

Has someone a nice lap around 1:27-1:28 that he can post? There is a 1:22:5 on Youtube but that lap looks so smooth, I guess he used driving aids.

9. Usually aids aren't making you faster. If it's really old there might be some difference in physics but don't underestimate your competitors. There are some mighty fast people out there.

10. wm79

wm79 Gamer

Oh c'mon ;).

11. iVG

iVG Alien

I'm pretty sure I went around 1.23 but it wasn't recorded on rsr. I'll try to reproduce when I get some later today.

12. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

1.23...... wut ! I know I have had 1.32-31, but not recorded on RSR. C'mon... make Zibiman shake, make him fear you. He has too much WR's with 98T, and most of his times are absolutely destroying other competitors.....

13. iVG

iVG Alien

Not to take anything away from his skills but all his records are with some obscure cars that not a lot of people like hotlapping with. Alfa Mito? Countach? Lamborghini Moura? Etc..

14. wm79

wm79 Gamer

Yeah, you are not the open wheeler guy ;). I have to admit, I am impressed by your driving. I guess my problem is that I am just not talented (as it is great fun, I will continue anyways), sometimes it is as simple as that. Your driving style looks dirty and risky, your tail is dancing on each bend's exit as if the yellow helmet's owner is on a pole lap. And that is where you gain the time, you push down full throttle (I guess that is why you have so much diff) and you correct the car where I have to accelerate carefully for the car not to break out. I just don't manage to correct the tail so fast and precisely. Do you use the H-Shifter?

Your setup is quite nice, the problem which made me create this thread disappeared, I think this is due to the diff coast setting. Still, the car is only a little bit more clumsy than with my diff setting.

I will post a replay of a "fast" lap myself later or tomorrow, maybe you guys can give me some advice.

By the way: my setup is a T500 with TH8A-Shifter, so I is not a matter of equipment ;).

15. WR's these days are pretty bad. We have a league season going on with the Lotus 49 and my race pace has been several seconds faster than the WR's and our surface settings varies from 92 to 100%. This one seems to be much better but it shouldn't be impossible to do 21's. The car is capable for crazy fast lap times.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  16. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I see a lot of RSR WR's with Yellowbird, C9, 98T coming from that guy. I have been driving 98T whole day online, after DP3 release and finally was able to do 1:10:9. This is why installed RSR after that. He has 1:04:4 :DDD C9 WR at spa with like 2laps driven....

I hope more aliens will attack RSR after wipe.

17. You haven't practised enough. I'm not sure is there such thing as talent. :)

I'm using h-shifter. For sure we can try to help you improve your lap time but the thruth is that this car is really tricky to drive and the difference in lap times between fast and not so fast will be quite big. Boost management and short-shifting on right places can make your time much faster.

Differential lock is a nice way to adjust the balance of your car. Sometimes I think it's the most important thing actually.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  18. wm79

wm79 Gamer

What do you mean by "short shifting"?
    Another thing has come to my attention watching your replays. For example, first chicane, you break and swith 6,5,4,3 - I break and I switch 6 - 3. As you are a lot faster, I guess it's wrong not to go through the other gears. As well, you blip the throttle on the downshifts. Do I lose grip by not doing so? There might be more load change on the tail?

19. Short shifting means that when you cannot take the full advantage of the "right gear" because you're traction limited, you can switch into higher gear. For example I enter T1 with 3rd gear but change into fourth before the T2 because I'm still traction limited on fourth gear. And when you do it exactly on the right time (when changing direction) you can do it even more efficiently.

You should blip the gas when downshifting but it doesn't matter if you skip gears. It's just easier for me to heel'n'toe if I don't skip gears. If you watch closely enough I think you should see myself changing from 6th to 4th for the fast left hander before Acqua Minerali. But that is not something I do very often. Rev matching (throttle blip) is a crucial thing.