1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Need advice on Lotus 98T@Imola: Acqua Minerali

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by wm79, May 15, 2016.

1. s2173

s2173 Gamer

Short shifting is upshifting way before the limiter to avoid wheelspin.

Blipping the throttle is very important... If you go 6 - 3 without blipping and you do it even a fraction too soon, you will spin immediately. 6,5,4,3 is kinda a habit, abit more realistic, because it's (mostly) done so in real life to save the clutch and gearbox, and it might be faster because you don't have to search the gear, and you just go in sequence in a nice rhythm.

That is kinda interesting thread for me, because I'm quite slow in all high speed high downforce cars, like these lotuses or the C9. Maybe I just have slow reactions...

2. wm79

wm79 Gamer

Ah understood, I do that sometimes too. So you match revs - how do you know how much throttle you need to match the revs? And what if you don't do so? Then you always have to have the wheels straight when releasing the clutch due to load change?

3. That's the reason I usually cycle through all gears. It's easier when the same amount of throttle blip is needed for every downshift.

If you don't revmatch you will upset your driven wheels during every downshift.

4. s2173

s2173 Gamer

Might sound stupid, but what turbo level are you using? I tried 80 percent and it is a torture for the poor car...

5. wm79

wm79 Gamer

I always drive 100% on hotlaps. Of course it is a torture ;). It should have about 1100 hp then I think. Out of a 1.5l V6. In that setting, the car was made for 1-2 qualifying banzai laps.

6. iVG

iVG Alien

It should be around 1400 HP at 100%. Out of that same 1.5 v6 :)

7. wm79

wm79 Gamer

Cool, didn't know it still had that much hp, as it is from 86 season. Strongest was the Renault RE40 Prost drove 83 I think.

8. iVG

iVG Alien

Did a few laps last night and the best I managed was 1:25.5 with almost default setup ( lowered fuel, increased camber and longer gears for the 100% boost). Higher aero does help a little but didn't have time to tinker with dampers, springs, etc. Something was wrong in my lap time though. Rsr showed 328kph top speed when I'm sure I ran high wings and my top speed didn't exceed 310. Not sure if the lap counter was bugged but the detected top speed was definitely lower.
    Tyre pressures go through the roof half way through the lap on Q tyres though, so to get the most out of them, you need to lower the cold pressures - 18 front 15 rear do they balance out at around 28 while hot. Also Q tyres start at 97% grip so make sure you do 1 out lap to bring them to 100% before you start pushing on the second lap.

That's as much as I can tell you with my limited laps last night. Will try again today.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  9. Really? I was pushing like no tomorrow with 97% tyres then. :mad:

So you really should be able to go way faster than 1.25.5!

10. wm79

wm79 Gamer

11. iVG

iVG Alien

I'll have a look at your replay and see if there was something wrong with my time/pedals/wheel whatever or that's my genuine time. Rsr detecting higher top speed got me thinking..

12. KWILD

KWILD Gamer

Very interesting thread...
    This is mine 1:27:385 with the setup from wm79 post (just some tweak...less bumps and fast bumps and less front tyres pressure).
    I do just few laps so with more practice i suppose i can reach 1:25:xxx anyway 1:22 seems very,very fast,and jumping on kerbs like in the video
    posted by WM79 it's a bit improbable with no assist or withouts cheats!
    Im with T500RS with H gear and absolutely no aids and full damage of course...

Download my lap replay :

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=EDE51CBF5418538E!9249&authkey=!AGpROMrRqzMQJ0k&ithint=file,rar

13. You cannot attack the curbs if you want to be fast. You only have to push like crazy, and some more. Also you don't want to ruin your straight line speed with too much wings. It is much more efficient to lower your car and to maximize ground effect.

When I tried I was constantly lapping 1.24's and a few high 23's. It is really not that hard when you find yourself atleast somehow comfortable with the car. I say it once again. I really don't like open wheelers and I'm pretty sure there a tons of people faster than me with a car like this. Downforce is a cancer if you ask me..

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  14. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Lowering it doesn't ruin anything ? I though it would ruin geometry or cause it to bottom out. Have to try it someday, saving on drag by increasing ground effect must be much faster than maxing out wings.

15. If I understand correctly ground effect is a win-win. I posted my quickly done setup earlier and I think I had wings set to something like 6 in front and 12 at back. I think you have to decrease static camber when you lower the car to keep the live camber at more reasonable values.

16. KWILD

KWILD Gamer

I know,but im talking about how the guy on the video cuts the chicane...if i try to cut like this,the bottom of the car hits the objects over the kerbs (sorry i don't know how they call in english) and the car jumps away off the track!

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  17. iVG

iVG Alien

If you see the date of the video, it's back from 2014 when bottoming out wasn't even a thing...

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  18. KWILD

KWILD Gamer

Ah,so that explain it all!