1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

NetKar pro Formula KS2 - I want that feeling again

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by arnzzz1, May 6, 2014.

1. arnzzz1

arnzzz1 Gamer

It will be interesting to see where they take things.

I watch a guy on YouTube called Niels, he does the physics in Game Stock Car, he makes some very good technical videos about the physics involved in making these sims.

I'd love to see something like that from Kunos. But they are surely way to busy at this point to worry about things like that.

I'm off to bed, getting late here in good old Wales ☺

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

SimMan likes this.
  2. Requiem84

Requiem84 Simracer

Niels has interesting comments on AC. Basicslly, he rates it very high on his first impression. You can youtube it.

Regarding wanting the feeling of the KS2. Simple solution, fire up netKar Pro and drive it!

AC is an evolution of NKP. You can't expect it to drive similar.

Mogster likes this.
  3. expect better not worst.....

4. Seems to me that if you prefer Netkar, go play Netkar....Considering that thousands of us consider AC a true evolution of Netkar I doubt Aris is going to change everything because a couple people don't like it.

5. icyhot

icyhot Gamer

Michael, what makes you think anyone of "us" wants Aris to change "everything"? Srsly, your posts as a whole make me wonder if you understand what this forum is meant for

6. I can promise you that this forum was not set up for threads such as this.

7. Raymond

Raymond Racer

That's funny because I thought the room for this forum was labeled Chit Chat.. I didn't know there were limitations other than the obvious ones per the disclaimer we all agreed to when we joined the site. Is there something wrong with making personal opinions about how one feels about one product against another?

I am another that prefers the driving of NetKar Pro over AC currently, I am still not getting a sense of speed with AC no matter what I have done to the setup. And I agree the FFB on NetKar Pro could be better near the edge, overall I still enjoy it more. And I also agree my other favorite sim/game to drive is Game Stock Car. And before any gets their panties in a bunch. "This is just my opinion", I do not expect anyone to agree with me. But I do not need anyone to tell me I am wrong either, since you are welcome to your own opinions.

And I forgot to say I enjoy driving the KS2 as well it is one of the few cars in NetKar Pro that needs to be driven. As you said it is easy to lose control of it.

Albert McSaltens and donShere like this.
  8. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

AC isnt simcade or what you call it.
    Physics are the thing which create a sim or arcade game.
    Nppro had some things like starting up the engine manually, no gamepad support i think, and other things but that doesnt change the fact off being a sim or not.
    Devs stated also already why this and that is different :)
    Anyway its subjective if you dislike or like it more than NPpro or not.
    Following the devs words, AC's physics is more complex and evolved, only the things around are less like starting up a engine..

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

TCLF likes this.
  9. Oh my.
    :eek: You people are sooo cranky in the mornings, go find the coffee maker asap... go shoo.
    (Must be the multiplayer delay that keeps everyone so on the edge.) :oops:

Anyways... to OP:
    Theres couple quite brutish cars in AC, but I agree that we are missing from the open wheelers the crazy ones.
    If you look at the car list, there isnt any vehicle that would be just power and no sense, not that the old Formula cars wouldnt have no sense, but if Lewis Hamilton says that "Its phenomenal, I cant even contemplate what it would've been like", about the Sennas 1200hp, manual gearbox monster, it means that its a quite crazy F1 car to drive.
    Considering that the GSC's V12 is based on an F1 car from 1995 and that era is not represented in AC Formula selection, you cant really compare it to the Lotus Exos, so to make a direct comparison, its not possible atm.

Personally I do love the madness of the GSC's V12 and F1 Classic, and I do hope that someday we get one of the golder era (1988-1994) 1400hp in qualifying trim from a 1.5l turbo v12, F1 cars to AC as well.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
    TCLF and arnzzz1 like this.
  10. Psit

Psit Alien

Nahkamarakatti and arnzzz1 like this.
  11. antz360

antz360 Gamer

Driving Sennas beast would be amazing...I would be honored even simulating it

arnzzz1 likes this.
  12. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

I understand that AC is an evolution of NKPRO but i agree with the OP that the FFB of the Formula KS2 feels more directly connected to the tires where you at all times know grip level you have which to my feeling is more not the case with AC. Maybe I haven't find a good setting for the FFB sliders. Another reason could be that the feedback from the KS2 is typically the car and not necessarily the difference in feedback between the 2 sims.

Some think this topic isn't even worth starting in the Chit Chat topic, however I think it might be some of importance for AC to know what the clients opinion is on crucial things like FFB when it's compared to their previous project. Newer isn't always better, neither is complex. Don't get me wrong! I luvvvv AC in every way, but the feeling I get from the KS2 is something I haven't experienced yet in AC. I also don't think this thread should've been posted in the Chit Chat section but rather in Physics Bugs & Issues.

13. arnzzz1

arnzzz1 Gamer

I would love to see that to :)

I have only just started experimenting with mods in NKpro and AC, mainly with tracks. But I am confident that whatever Kunos don't put in, the awesome modding community will fill that void :)

For those saying I should go play NetKarPro.... I will, ... and Assetto Corsa ... and Game Stock Car Extreme, and any other sim that gives me the feeling of excitement when driving :) hell I may even renew my iRacing subscription lol ;)

14. arnzzz1

arnzzz1 Gamer

Hey, Imagine the hate I would get for posting in a more "serious" part of the forum lol, I mean some people would happily burn me right now for posting in bloody "chit-chat" lol ;)

15. I agree with you :D

16. A simulator is much more than just physics, if a car has a non automatic engine auto start after stall, then you should simulate it, having the car to auto re-start the engine automaticly is not a simulation, that's is pretty arcade to me, and there are a lot more examples

17. well hamilton did not even tried the monster he tried a 1988 mclaren if not wrong, and that thing had some 750hp, and the mp4/2 wasn't either 1200hp was more on the 700 to 800 hp region

18. TCLF

TCLF Alien

of course it is. AC is still in early acces remember? they are just getting important stuff done earlier.

19. yeah i wonder what will you say when 1.0 is out and still same things...