1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New graphics engine

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by cgorman68, Jul 18, 2014.

1. I don't know what you mean.

2. Tr51

Tr51 Gamer

we do not all have the same Monitor

3. I'm comparing screenshots, not difference between monitor, with at least Full HD res. I see these screenshots are better than my graphics, monitor doesn't matters. Screenshots doesn't change because of monitor.

TCLF and Deatroy like this.
  4. F2kSel

F2kSel Racer

I'm still seeing in all the pictures and videos the horrendous black cockpits, more like silhouette than an actual cockpit.
    Is there any ambient light or setting to lighten them up and if not will they add some ambient light as it's killing the graphics for me.

5. Quffy

Quffy Alien

From the default post process effects, use the 1st or the 5th preset.

6. Tr51

Tr51 Gamer

Michele Papis likes this.
  7. I'm comparing other screenshots to mine into my monitor, so it's not a matter of monitor to me. If you have a better monitor nothing change, screens come directly from the graphic card.
    It's like a better graphics setting than me, but i'm at the maximum spec, so don't know how to reach that quality.

8. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

9. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

Some of the screenshots you may be viewing can be produced with photoshop enhancements or downsampling. Downsampling is a technique that renders the game at a higher resolution than you play at, then your GPU scales the image down. Think about the consoles, how the PS4 renders natively in 1080p, vs the xbone in 900p (I'm not sure about these numbers, but it's an example) The hardware/console then renders the game at whatever your desired resolution is, likely 1080p. The image quality on the xbone is therefore is less than that of the PS4. This process is called upscaling(the opposite of downsampling) With downsampling you can render the game at 4k(example) but given you only have a 1080p monitor, your GPU can scale the image down. Some people report this getting rid of jaggies and other artifacts, however the FPS hit on your system is usually not worth the effort, except for on older game, that you'd like to look a little nicer. Based on your GPU I assume your running close to max settings, downsampling is the only way I can think of screenshots producing a better image that what you get on your own PC. That or post screenshot photoshopping.

Tr51 likes this.
  10. dangerscouse

dangerscouse Gamer

Is anybody experiencing stutters? Am getting upto 180 fps on all minimum detail and get stutters that last a few tenths sometimes twice a lap

11. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

Sometimes, yes.

12. megaCoffee

megaCoffee Simracer

This only happens to me when I use alt-tab. If I never leave fullscreen then it's smooth 100% of the time, otherwise I get sporadic microstutters until I restart the game (even though the FPS is always maxed, so I'm not sure if microstutter is the correct term).

13. some1pl

some1pl Alien

If you use alt +tab, press alt-enter afterwards to return to fullscreen. Otherwise the game runs in borderless windowed mode and you loose some performance.

A.r.e.s. and megaCoffee like this.
  14. megaCoffee

megaCoffee Simracer

Thanks for the tip; I did not know that. As I said, the game still runs at max fps when the "microstutters" occur so it's not performance related, but I'm hoping your tip will solve the issue anyway.

15. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

in CCC
    set antialiasing mode to supersampling in the default profile, not in acs.exe because doesn't work like this

Michele Papis likes this.
  16. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

it could be some apps if you dowloaded any the f1 apps used to do it to me just delete them

andrea_gi, A.r.e.s. and TheBestBeast like this.
  17. It changes drastically the quality, but i go from 50/60fps to 10/15fps without changing graphics settings :S

18. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

it's just for screnshoot and for future GPUs

19. Matson1984

Matson1984 Gamer

Does anyone else have this issue with the PP presets.
    Mine is always set to NONE and when I go in game it looks great. But if I change the preset and go back to the NONE one its completely changed and looks very dark and I have to leave the game and go back in for it to go back.

Also the PP preset NONE and PP present 1 are exactly the same.
    Iv deleted them all and let them all reinstall but no change.

20. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

close.

The preset none is only available from the start of a race with it selected as the initial PP setting. It seems there is a bug where if you switch PP from NONE to any other setting, see a change, then back to NONE, you see no change. NONE would seem to get overidden by the previous PP setting when switching back to it.