1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Oh really? Open letter to the community, this time from a dev...?!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Aristotelis, Aug 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hopefully @paulieGTR won't mind me sharing this PM:
    [​IMG]

This is also my last reply to this thread since I am very close to reporting myself for going so off topic.

2. esox71

esox71 Alien

Yup, that's paulie ;)
    You may be welcome on his server...lol
    Can reassure you that was not on behalf of the TAM guys ;)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
    TDS likes this.
  3. Now there there, let's all just go and download the new 1.2.4, and come back to complain about something useful, rather than bickering about what might have been.

Kevin, woozah, woozah.
    Cup of tea, some chello music (I recommend Apocalyptica), and ignore the agitators. You will have a much better day, and some good ban hammerings under the belt in the end.

4. It would be nice (and also respectful to Aris) if we could all try to remain positive in this thread, and describe our experiences in (and passion for) Assetto Corsa, instead of yet another round of mindless bickering and pointless arguments.

5. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I thought Aris said and did not want any negativity in this thread, listen guys is it that hard?

6. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

I can't get over that first bit. Run by authoritarians, were strangely rude when years ago I wanted to donate, and they block all IP addresses my VPN provider uses. I'd much rather discuss setups here.

7. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Just read all 17 pages in one sitting, lots of thoughts brewing. I'll try to keep to the highlights.

Kevin, if you're doing this for free and it's starting to wear on your patience, please take a moment to reevaluate your situation. You come across as constantly and openly hostile toward the entire community (whether intentionally or not) and that does not help foster the kind of forum enviroment Aristotelis envisions. I appreciate that your job is to keep things clean, and I recognize the necessity and enormity of that task... but your attitude is a big turn off for many of us users and I suspect that's not really what you (or anyone else at Kunos) wants.

Aristotelis, I agree wholeheartedly with your OP and your obvious desire for a healthy community of drivers here. Tinkering with car setups both in-game and with my WRX & 944 in real life provides me with infinite joy. I love to research, tweak, adjust, test, repeat. So I 100% agree that we need more of this in AC. But that starts with having a central place to discuss it. Until your OP this has been very much billed as a support forum and not as a gameplay discussion forum. If you want that to happen here too, give us a place to do it.*

Stefano, please don't let this discussion depress you. Your game is brilliant and getting better all the time. In this thread a problem was identified and people began to brainstorm solutions. That inevitably leads to ideas involving new features. Seems to me it was a pretty healthy process up until page 13 or so. Take it or leave it, up to you - but that's what brainstorming is. And everyone involved was just trying to help. (Which is always positive, if sometimes annoying. I get the same treatment in my day job. "Feature-creep" is a regular part of my vocabulary and something I constantly battle with my products. I genuinely and completely understand. Just... roll with it, and keep doing what you know is right.)

* In the end, the simplest solution to the desire expressed by Aris in the OP is a dedicated subforum for car setups and track strategies. As was famously said in Field of Dreams, "if you build it, they will come."

And last thing... In English, 'chit chat' implies idle, off-topic conversation. If it bugs you guys so much that things go frequently off-topic here, please rename the forum. You're sending us very mixed messages as it stands right now, knowingly or not. :)

TDS, youwerelucky, MrGiggly and 24 others like this.
  8. plaid

plaid Alien

It hurt a little in the end, still nice one!

9. esox71

esox71 Alien

Yeah make the number one troll n spammer a mod:rolleyes:o_O

10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Pls don't play your vendetta here.
    Peace all.

ekosan, esox71, Berry and 1 other person like this.
  11. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

Its not starting to wear my patience nor I have an hostile attitude. Im just giving my opinion and clarifying why Im against the idea. The fact I dislike it makes me hostile, would I have agreed then I would have been the best person ever, but thats not how things work.

My opinion is that one, whether ones agree or not with it, I respect them all.

And by this I ask people to refrain from posting unnecessary pictures and gifs, if you do not have anything useful to bring to the thread refrain from posting.

And yes, repeating myself again, It will be my last intervention here since im not willing to spend more time on this thread.

nonnex and aphidgod like this.
  12. PuffTheMagicBelgian

PuffTheMagicBelgian Hardcore Simmer

The community wanted more interaction with the dev's...well here ya go!

One of the dev's start's a series of live streams in an effort to get the community more involved. (Thanks Stefano)
    Another one comes on the forum and suggest's more car-talk, discussion about track-secret's, setup's, etc. (Thanks Aristotelis)

Naturally this turns into a discussion about how this is best accomplished!
    The result is a depressed Physics dev and a displeased (overworked) (free) staff member. :oops:

I think the OP made a very good point and a large portion of my spare time is spend in Assetto Corsa and on the Forum's!
    Not necessarily to report bugs and or other problems, but to get in touch with the other sim-racers (noob and pro) to learn from them, help the newbies and to see what other people are using in term's of gear, screens, and settings.

Learning how this particular game works, and the small details that might go unnoticed by amateur beginners like myself is of great importance!
    That this now is being challenged in any way shape or form by the people that made and manage this game is baffling to me!

There is no need to be depressed, angry or disappointed by the comment's u read on this forum, only the need to approach them professionally and with respect for the people that spend they're hard earned cash on this software! (sorry be so harsh)! Even EA-Games had to adjust they're attitude to the fan-base (Battlefield 4) and now they have a stronger community because of that change! People feel more involved in they're favorite game, now more then ever!

This can happen for Assetto Corsa! But we have to work together, play together, discuss together, etc...(a subsection on the forum could help tremendously!)

There i got that out of my system, i would like to add that this Race/Drive-sim has won my heart and mind over all other car-games out there! And i fully accept that even though it is officially released and marketed as a full (retail) game, it is NOT finished yet.

I appreciate all the hard work the Kunos team has done over the years and want to tip my hat to every last one of you! (And my wallet with the next DLC) :D

13. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

@speedbee We both know you should not have posted that. Ive deleted it please do not repeat it... you surely know the reasons and what im talking about so.

Thanks

14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

+1
    I cannot like this post more than once, sadly
    Both thumps up for KUNOS and their achievement! Don't get dragged down by invalidities!

PuffTheMagicBelgian likes this.
  15. nonnex

nonnex Alien

What was the Topic again?... ah, it was "open letter to the community"
    Who are we to judge.

I think only a global neutral view is productive and I'm not tired to say it again. We are are healty community - I think, I hope - and a rising one, some greens, black, white, colored, stubborn, dumb, intelligent, crazy, calm, positive, negative and what ever, choose yourself racing addicted.
    But in the end we all are interested in the the same thing. We're sitting in the same racing boat if you will, so...

Take a nitro aspired creemy espresso and talk about and|or - more important - do racing! ;)
    See ya on track.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
    snyperal and aphidgod like this.
  16. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

Why should we go to race department.com to download setups? I don't think it would work with a sub forum here; too many cars + tracks + driving styles + modifiers. Within a month there would be an overwhelming number of setups with any number of tiny changes, then there would be arguments about who created what setup etc etc.

How about 3 or 4 definitive setups for newb, amateur, advanced and pro with different handling characteristics and put them in-game?

I would however like to see a stickied tuning guide up there with things you need to know about assetto corsa full of relevant information and a "how to" I'd write it myself if I was any good at a) writing and b) tuning. I am going to peruse and copy any valuable links from the tuning thread, of course, I just thought it would make a decent resource.

I also think more links in game to information would help the uninitiated.

Also when the game goes live on the xbox and ps4 those...... People (using the term loosely) are going to head here en masse any structure implemented now would be beneficial in the long term. I feel for poor Kevin.maatman if not. His hammer will get a workout for sure. :)

If you think is bad now, how many night racing and weather threads do you think those guys will open? (cus you know forza has it...) Might as well ban any sentence with those words in! :D

Octane and tommi karsikas like this.
  17. LuckyMic

LuckyMic Gamer

Hello Aristotelis.

Thank you for your great post and I hope we will get more about these topics! Maybe it could be helpful to have a special folder, e.g. "Circuits and Cars tips and tricks", in the forum. ll keep my fingers crossed that more people follow your call :)

Kind regards,
    Mic

PuffTheMagicBelgian likes this.
  18. Exactly.

"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."

demerzel, TCLF and snyperal like this.
  19. Octane

Octane Simracer

I like RSR's format for posting setups. You can choose the track/car by drop down menus. Or you can choose the car and all tracks or vice versa. I keep an eye on the dates they were posted because some are obsolete after tire model changes, ride heights, and whatnot. Its a compact and simple format. You may have to be logged in to get the drop down menus.

RSR Setups

tommi karsikas and snyperal like this.
  20. D-Fazer

D-Fazer Gamer

I've started sim racing 20 years ago, with Indianapolis 500, nest I've discovered Nascar Racing 1, 2, 3, Grand prix 2, 3 of Geoff Crammond and got internet

That's when I've started to run in leagues with NR2003 and iracing, but when I've tested Assetto on his first release my first reaction was "Holly sh**" that's crazy, I've spent years to sim racing and this is only now we can get a true Driving simulator

Never saw a sim with an awesome handling like this, you have to deal with inertia like any others sim and only for this, AC is for me the best driving simulator, this remind me my personals track days IRL at Spa and the nordschleife

Yes, after more 20 years of cars racing simulator we finally get one driving simulator, with multiplayer that was THE big improvement for AC, we can finally create track days with friends :D

Now i've left all others racing simulator behind me because AC is back to all the basis that would animate a true car enthusiast : Driving, handling, braking, setup!!!

Thanks Kunos, thanks to all of you for your hard work provided and also thanks to have made a pure driving simulator

Thanks for the adding real road car that require a real driving skill

Thanks in advance for your next updates

Keep up the good work :)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015