1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Racedepartment interview with Kunos

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by kofotsjanne, Mar 9, 2016.

1. I love how you guys spend more time talking about AC2 than us :p
    I thought Marco's answers couldn't have been more clear.. yet, in most forums, people are talking about the "plan" for AC2.

Communication is futile... It's a loosing battle against stupidity... can never win. The only winning move is not to play.

Cote Dazur, Fear, TDS and 14 others like this.
  2. Mogster

Mogster Alien

They have mentioned Suzuka as being one of the places that demand outrageous licencing costs.

Yes in Europe I can imagine Le Mans and Monaco being the places they mention. They'd be nice to have for marketing purposes but there really are so many other venues suitable for all types of cars, even just in Europe. For modern race cars, LMP and F1 the Hungaroring, Hockenheim, Istanbul Park never seem to get a mention. There are plenty of tracks in the UK, smaller venues suitable for road cars, Oulton springs to mind obviously. Even in Italy there are Misano and Modena. Spain, Portugal, Estoril, Jerez, the list goes on.

I'd almost rather see AC featuring some venues that don't normally make it into sims. Tracks aren't the same as cars, not having Ferrari isn't the same as not having Monaco for instance.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  3. Monaco is a glamour location. The race track itself is rubbish. I couldn't care less about Suzuka either. I would like to see Misano, Oulton Park, and Donington Park (an official version) in Assetto Corsa. Much more interesting tracks.

4. ekosan

ekosan Racer

ekosan does not like this.

5. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Seems to be the way of the world these days. People seem to thrive on speculation which, to put it bluntly and is purely my personal opinion, is just a selfish desire to have what you personally want resulting in toys being thrown out of the pram when officially told sorry but that's not happening.

Personally, I've got enough on my plate trying to use all of the currently available content. Never mind what might be in the offing further down the road. I'd just like to see AC1 completed before even thinking about "AC2", might be a slight possibility that the devs might learn a thing or two before moving on to the next big thing (only slightly sarcastic and not aimed at KS). There's obviously some talent there with some sound business strategy backing it up for such a relatively small team.

The modern day sense of entitlement and MUST have what I WANT attitude just makes life hard for devs and I completely understand why KS get so p*ssed off with the majority of carp that is regularly turned out on their forums.

For me, AC works and there's something in there for everyone and any one to enjoy. If you don't like it then don't use it. Sadly you can't please ALL the people ALL the time. Enjoy what you have or head off somewhere else, there's plenty of fish in the sea.

/me puts on body armour, hunkers down behind the sofa and prepares for the "fanboy" tirade :eek:

Cote Dazur likes this.
  6. LFS / Scawen went the same path regarding communication ;) Do not forget the silent majority of people who appreciate the bits of information you share without exploding in an enthusiastic maelstrom of speculations!
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts and prospects for AC, and please do not judge your community on the base of forum comments only...

Tony74, Sean, Minolin and 8 others like this.
  7. ya at the end that's the reason I keep coming back. Last time in Vallelunga I was talking about it with Aris (who's burned as well as me if not more) and saying we shouldn't forget the vast majority of sane people in the forum.. it's just that the usual suspects makes it so damn hard to be civilized sometimes.

8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Just stop :( If you look at your favourite games that youve put hours upon hours on, you want to know every aspect of it and see how devs respond. The discussion about AC2 wasnt as bad as you make it sound (imo). We all appreciate interviews and all gamers, weather its racing games, fps, rpg or whatever, we love to speculate and I guess you guys involved in Kunos do it too about other games (even though you doesnt play as much now according to the interview). :)

And to add something, even if i have being really offtopic every now and then and I dont know how many times banned, it still feels to me that you have more communication with your playerbase than most other developers (i dont know how it is with other sim devs since this is the forum is mostly read, but more in general).

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
    Boris Lozac likes this.
  9. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Aaaaarrggghhh, ignore list won't work in tapatalk.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Cote Dazur likes this.
  10. crosschris

crosschris Racer

Lord Kunos - "The only winning move is not to play"

Laser scanned WarGames confirmed :D;).

11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Laserscanned guitarr incoming!

12. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

I dont need a Assetto Corsa 2. Dont see any reason to this. I just prefer the a game that Always receive updates.

Rfactor 3 makes more sense. If ISI use a new graphic engine, nem tracks and cars, can sell this "new" product with the same physics. Can be very interest because ISI is in a situation very diferent contrast with Kunos.

Tony74 and the_prodigy like this.
  13. WallyM

WallyM Alien

If AC1 fundamentally can't have night racing or rain, say, because of design decisions in the architecture of the game, then you need an AC2 to include those things, as they will require a lot of new code. You won't be able to add this scale of new features just as updates.

[LYN] Cheesenium likes this.
  14. [LYN] Cheesenium

[LYN] Cheesenium Hardcore Simmer

AC definitely need AC2 at some point in the future as there are a lot of things such as night racing, rain and multiple light sources that is difficult to implement in the current game without the high risk of breaking the game.

If Kunos wants to stick with AC1 for the next few years or move on to AC2 in 1-2 years from now, I personally have no problem with it. Kunos is not my business, I have no reason to dictate how a company should be ran as I have not seen the sales, income and expanses to get the whole picture. From what I had seen in AC for the last 2 years, I know AC is in good hands where I trust Kunos to make the right call when it is time.

15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

It's the most economical decision for Kunos because of the cost and time involved for making and testing these changes. But it's not impossible to massively improve the engine just with an update, a piece of software isn't set in stone. Engine upgrades, rewrites, switches, etc. have all been done before in other games.

Tony74 likes this.
  16. [LYN] Cheesenium

[LYN] Cheesenium Hardcore Simmer

You can do major overhauls, but you risk the live game in breaking something major that you might miss. Thats why most developers prefer to move to a sequel than keeping a live game supported for years because a lot these "trivia" changes does brings considerable risk of breaking the game entirely for some people. Pushing these major overhauls to AC2 development that will probably go on for 1-2 years at least will give Kunos more than enough time to fully iron out all the bugs than quickly pushing out that particular engine overhaul in 6 months because most people hate seeing Kunos goes on months without patches.

The 64 bit, multithreading patch that was released last year does broke the game for a portion of players where the support forum was flooded with people complaining that their game doesnt work at all with very little work arounds as Kunos missed out some configurations in beta testing. I know someone who had this issue, he couldnt even play the Dreams Pack 2 content until a month plus because the game just refuse to launch after the multithreading patch. You might not be affected by that issue but if that issue happened to you, it will be incredibly frustrating because there is barely any workaround that actually works and you wont be able to play with those juicy content added in Dreams Pack 2.

I cant imagine the amount of potential issues and complains when Kunos decides to overhaul some critical limitations like multiple light source in the live version of AC1.

17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Of course. WallyM's comment made it sound as if it's not possible to introduce such changes through patches from a technical standpoint, which isn't quite the case. The main issue, as always, is cost and time. As I said, for Kunos it's the better solution to introduce better engine features in a new version that will bring in revenue to offset the costs of the investment for making and testing of these changes.

Christopher Low likes this.
  18. Turk

Turk Alien

[apply short attention span]

[Apply fanboy filter]

WOOOT!!

19. Georg Siebert

Georg Siebert Simracer

<- sane
    <- silent, haven't posted in 3 months

Thx for all the work you guys!

20. magzire