1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

René rast and his great comments about pcars

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Rui Santos, Oct 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Rene rast preparing to 6h race of cota using assetto corsa Sep 18, 2015
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 216 – At opposite ends of the frenetic scale Feb 27, 2021
    ACC Gameplay AI lateral awareness Sep 17, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Renewed appreciation for AC's Nordschleife Aug 29, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Example of AI Fuel and Racing Awareness Issues Apr 17, 2016
    Liveries Ruf rt12r breast cancer awareness Oct 29, 2015
    Liveries Bmw m4 (+ akrapovic) breast cancer awareness pink ribbon Oct 18, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Spatial awareness Nov 3, 2014
    Liveries MP4-12C GT3 - Renesis Replica Skin RELEASE May 30, 2014
    ACC Virtual Reality Quest 2 problems with contrast from day/night conditions Aug 21, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How I've drastically reduced the stutter Jun 25, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars The Balancing of Day and Night Contrast Mar 25, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Saturation/contrast in menu is too high Dec 28, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Drastically reduced VR performance with 1.0.7? (2080ti / i9) Aug 15, 2019
    ACC Physics Tyres temperature drastically drop two laps after the pit stop in a specific turn of the track. Oct 13, 2018

3. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

I think people are free to like whatever they want without having to be questioned about it.

Personally I loved Shift2 (spiritual precursor to Pcars?). It delivered a more "visceral" and in some ways more "enjoyable" experience than many Sims.
    Crashes were truly horrific things to experience, helmet-cam view is the best in-car view of any game, the sounds were often far better than most sims.
    I know why the sim community hated it, but it was still an enjoyable game (especially with the community mod that improved a lot of necessary things).

Not everyone is driven (no pun intended) by realism. Though I enjoy realism very much and play sims very differently than I do simcade or arcade games, I see absolutely no problems with enjoying both for their prospective merits.

4. TCLF

TCLF Alien

If he like pCARS, let him. He didn't say anything about other sims being less realistic or anything, but he just doesn't like the others. From what I get from his posts is that he still sees it as a game that makes you believe that you are in a racecar and not as a simulator for making the most realistic physics.

Queequeg likes this.
  5. Koen

Koen Racer

Well he's paid to like it.

Relf, nate, Pascalwb and 9 others like this.
  6. TCLF

TCLF Alien

can you back up this statement, or is this just a wild guess

7. Rui Santos

"the feeling how the car turns moves etc is the closest compared to a real race car"

He's joking for sure... or is being paid to say bullsh*t...

Niki Đaković likes this.
  8. Skazz

Skazz Racer

WMD members can easily read exactly what the real paid handling consultants of pCARS are saying about the game as it progresses....

9. Simple end to this:

Stop being a fanboy of any driver out there and make up your own opinions by buying as many games out there to help the industry in general and to get the best overview possible. :cool::D:cool:

None of us will like something just because someone else likes something. That's not how taste works, so this question in OP is imho pointless.

10. Rui Santos

As far as i've read (and i know some friends "simracers" that support them from the beggining), it's that people started saying physics were not right, it's arcade, etçª and what they did? Banned those "simracers" from forums, now this tells me a lot about pCARS marketing, objective and audience target...

11. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

He could have spun a more convincing story if he hadn't said the early builds realism blew him away. Its getting closer now, but the early builds... Oh dear. This guy is doing a good job of pr for WMD though, paid or not, but I think most people here who have played know the real situation. Dismissing ac in his comment though is rather uncalled for, I don't recall kunos or any of their representatives publicly dismissing other titles, and given he is a well known real driver, 90% of people will take his word as gospel and maybe never consider ac

Edit: also lol @ WMD posting this on their Facebook and then banning people in the comments below for insinuating that he is paid/has alterior motives for making such statements (the latter of which is obviously true)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    Koen and Rui Santos like this.
  12. Rui Santos

I support what i think i should support and spend money on, now who are you to tell me that? Honestly "arcade games" don't deserve my money because i don't like and don't have fun playing them, but that's just me! People do what they want and i respect that, so i can have my opinion too right?

13. Please don't start with the nonsense hear-say crap, this is not the right place to discuss pCARS for the gazillionth time... :confused:

14. In a few years the marketing of pcars will be required learning in colleges. No matter what you think of the game, if you step back and look at the marketing it has been absolutely brilliant.

Relf, Voodoo, Makariel and 10 others like this.
  15. Rui Santos

This is the key point of his comment... Call this fanboyism then @Andreas Knöpke

16. Rui Santos

I agree to some point to what you said, but i tell you something, i see a lot of great videos but in the end the content is close to zero to me that give priority to physics. I don't buy beautiful sun and clouds in a racing game, despite it's important too.

Also Kunos for example allways said to buy and support other titles, so no need to be a dirty scammer to sell your product...

17. He didn't dismiss anyhting, he said he didn't like AC which is a totally valid point.
    And he evens aid he played all other games and he said he liked pCARS the most.
    That's not a biased or a paid-for-opinion. That's just his opinion.

And that's why there is no need or point in discussing his personal opinion as it has no impact on either of us here.

Shaddix, Ray HT and Patrik Marek like this.
  18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

[​IMG]

In his own words he asked Fanatec if there's the chance to "work" together, they found a solution. Well its quite obvious he didnt buy a fanatec wheel but at the very least got free gear to plug them or quite likely paid to promote the product. He is a professional racing driver after all, then he asked if he could join pcars. Didnt say anything about buying into the game so I think he clearly says all you need to see in that regard. He is obviously not just a casual customer and has made some arrangements with both fanatec and pcars so obviously this will include him promoting these products in order to get more sales as any person paid to endorse something does.

Pcars does use his videos as official channel promo videos, there would be some form of arrangement made simply to do this. He is selling the game for them with his videos, pcars still looks interesting and I will buy it when its out. Not because of any bs hype or promos simply to try it for myself then I can decide what I like more and use that. I get most sims but prefer AC purely on physics and feel, still like to try everything else out there. Still people whos opinions I actually trust tell me currently pcars still has a long way to go physics wise and I believe that more then any aid for product placement.

19. TCLF

TCLF Alien

good point

20. Sakai

Sakai Simracer

Lol, someone said that he likes Pcars more than AC and already some are ready to lynch him. Relax people.

TXC_IJOJOI and Ray HT like this.
  21. I start to pity you......

WannaBE and Ray HT like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.