1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

René rast and his great comments about pcars

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Rui Santos, Oct 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

So, you're saying it's impossible that Pcars is more realistic than any of the 3 other sims you mentioned? I have no experience in xfactor2 and Pcars so I cant judge it in advance. I'm of the opinion that AC has the best physics/FFB combo of the sims I do have experience with but none of them is perfect. That's why I don't agree that it's impossible that Pcars could have better physics/FFB. All I can tell from what I've seen is that Pcars looks superior, although that's less important to me but doesn't hurt at all and it might help to have a better sense of immersion.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  2. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Typical answer from you Sakai. But you are out of context, read Rast's statement again.

3. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I don't get why people think PC looks superior. To me in comparison to AC it looks "gamey" and canned. Yes, it's got more candy, but still it looks fake. AC to me is much more realistic looking.

4. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Somehow I've got the same feeling when looking at it. It looks too good imo.. if that makes any sense :p

5. Sakai

Sakai Simracer

What's that supposed to mean? :) And i did read it, twice. And i couldn't find anything criminal in there. Certainly nothing to justify the hate he recieved. Just an opinion of some guy. I'm not in "love" with AC and i'm not worshipping Kunos as gods, so someone liking something else for me is not a big deal at all really. :)

Different people have different preferences. Shocker, i know. :)

6. IMO it is 'over the top' pretty in the way that many games try to be. It gives off a 'more real than real' vibe, kinda like how here the cars throw up a bunch of smoke at the start that doesn't really happen in real life, but looks cool in a game.
    I am super jealous of the helicopter flying around and the other track animations, for sure.

Niki Đaković likes this.
  7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I would not spoil my computers performance for some stupid flag waving...

8. Horus

Horus Alien

How insane is this thread? It started with the comments of a paid for promoter and ends with out and out silliness. If you try to say 'think for yourself and go for what you feel is right for you' then you are called either a nut job or a fanboy? It matter not an iota what your personal opinion is, whether you like Mario Karts over rF/PCars/AC it matter that YOU enjoy it. GEZ! It really is annoying that people are not allowed to make up their own mind without some fool telling them they are wrong, that this person is more right than they are, that this person is a professional and we have to trust him more than ourselves! Honestly if you like a game like the bloody thing, if you don't then play something else. If you need others to tell you what to like or trust as the right way of doing things then you should not worry about another's statements just get on with what you have been told to like.

Totally ridiculous, just get on and play what you want to play. Disagree with whoever but at least get on with something constructive.

Traind likes this.
  9. izitom

izitom Gamer

Norbert Michelisz WTCC racer in AC

10. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Hardcore Simmer

Really... theres a word for people like you ( and note that i wont even talk about the quality or lack of Pcars and AC) , stubborn like a f... donkey.

11. Carbon14

Carbon14 Hardcore Simmer

That's not a word, but a sentence. Nice try tho.

12. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

I agree with your post!

Except for the very small part about Rast being paid... he has not been hired by SMS. Ben Collins was the primary guy they hired and I can tell you much of his feedback has been very much on the constructive side throughout the entire process. I have never seen him write only positive feedback in any of his posts.

Horus likes this.
  13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Rast's picture was: I went to fanatec for asking to be envolved, then went to sms, having the same question there....
    And you really think he's not being taken as an advertiser?

14. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Simracer

Booooooorrrrrrriiiiinnnngggg.
    Again another insane going nowhere thread..
    Just drive doesn't matter which sim/game.
    :confused::confused::cool::D
    The main thing is are you having fun?

Horus likes this.
  15. Dude27

Dude27 Hardcore Simmer

I love all good racing games which like to be closer to reality as possible. Having played pCARS, I can say that the will was there to give us a much better experience than the EA's Shift serie, and they succeeded in my opinion. pCARS is absolutely a simulation on the same page with AC, the FFB is really well done and the car's behaviour for the nearly finished cars is awesome.

Rast is a REAL pro driver, so I tend to lean on his side when he said he like more pCARS than any other racing game out there. The guy seems genuine and fair in giving his account and feeling about this game, which he seems to enjoy and play a lot (and you really don't want to play a bad game for long). All the "wannabe pro drivers" (me included) on these forum have a very little understanding of how a real race car should behave, so it is rather funny to try to rant against a REAL pro driver just because he don't favour YOUR preferred game. Franchly IMHO, today the big five on PC (pCARS, AC, Iracing, Raceroom, Rfactor2) are really close together in term of giving us a pretty good sense of driving a race car... no need to play the fanboy IMHO to see that it's a very good time for us with all these great games around. Enjoy the variety (or go get a life) because ranting on any game that you don't like is really a good waste of time.

My 2 cents

bogani, Sakai and Patrik Marek like this.
  16. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

it comes down to preferences, not what is actually the best,

watched Emptybox video today driving Ferrari on Silverstone, comparing the rF2 and AC, he prefered rF2 because he didn't like FFB in AC , but that doesn't mean he says that rF2 is better simulation that AC,

in the end it doesn't really matter what is the best, what matters is what you like the best,

if everyone in the world told me that Ferrari 458 is the best car in the world and I bought it, and would not like it ..To me it won't matter that the whole world think it's the best car and I would still be disappointed

it's easy to blame everything on money

I'm also quite sure that if Rene Rast was feeling the same way about AC then he does about pCARS, ... people on other forums ( not necessary on pCars forums though) would keep saying how it's payed PR , and that AC is arcade

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
    Dude27 likes this.
  17. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Go to the AC event posts and read how close driving the real cars is to being in AC! Never read that from a PC kind of perspective.

18. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

So you didn't read Rene Rast post ??

AC press PR event also says a lot about people bing invited that they would for sure be honest, becasue why wouldn't they when they got it all for free ??

Dude27 likes this.
  19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Exactly Rene Rast's point...

kofotsjanne likes this.
  20. Horus

Horus Alien

Now maybe I am wrong, it has been known, but was there not many real world racers using iRacing and it being sold as such for many years? Yet a majority of sim racers could not stand iRacing's way of doing things? I'm no real world racer, but I do sim race and have been doing so for many years (two decades at least), I don't see a reason to listen to real world racers when it comes to sim racing other than them helping the developers make a better sim, personally I would rather listen to the engineers who made the car and know about the dynamics, control systems, and data for that car. This is not to say listening to real world racers skills and know how is wrong, but they are Real World Racers and their judgement/opinions can be so easily skewed/used to promote one sim over another, that it can be even more opinionated than us sim racers.

Play what makes you smile and enjoy your free time, not what others say is the best. Otherwise we would all own Apple hardware and watch Fox and visit Disney Land.

TCLF likes this.