1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

René rast and his great comments about pcars

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Rui Santos, Oct 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

Who gives a toss if he likes it or not ??

2. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

It's simple, if you have drivers licence like i do for 17 years, driving many types of cars, you should know how a car behaves and check if it's well reproduced or not in a simulator. There are basics that a racing or a road car have in common, a racing car is not but... a car, with expensive parts and some more powerful than others! We're not talking here about a NASA laboratory vehicle that nobody knows how it behaves.

We all know how a ball behaves when hitting the ground for example, then there are different types of ball behaviour, depending on the pressure, but you know what their movement will be when you kick it for the first time, because we all know how gravity works on this planet, that's what our brain is for since we start walking! A car is the same thing! That's why we have simulators and arcade games, some simulate real life physics better, others don't...

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    vladjak and PhenOm like this.
  3. Felice Pugliese

Felice Pugliese Hardcore Simmer

I always find the attitudes to fan boy Czechs very disappointing and not very predisposed to the growth of the community, it is quite evident that the statements of the pilot are the work of marketing, we understand this to be a clear reference to the FFB and to other sim, RF2, AC etc. is marketing, period. I do not understand, however, because many have not even tried the product have marked kidney as "the enemy" or he is stupid or has been lobotomized suddenly, this is very childish. I do not think that's why Pcars will be a game-oriented simulation as AC, even remotely, but still not bad keep your brain open and inquire about what goes around without making trenches behind a name. So you do not grow and mature not a true critical spirit.

4. megaCoffee

megaCoffee Simracer

No, because he is biased. Not saying he is being dishonest, but if you had two professional race car drivers opining on the realism of pCars, and only one of them was unaffiliated with SMS, who would you put more trust in?

5. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Is any professional racing team using regular rF2, AC, iRacing, Pcars to do driver training? The answer is no.

This is a real simulator.

Spend some time watching this alian sim racer talk about real racing/computer racing and then realize that what we drive is nothing but a racing game.

Patrik Marek and Horus like this.
  6. Horus

Horus Alien

It matters very little in real terms. We could wax lyrical about this being more real than that but none of them are. Every racing sim available to us is nothing like a real sim, they are but games. Real sims cost immense amounts of money and then you need the hardware to accompany the software, which again is extremely expensive and as such have less people to race against than those in NetKar right now. Most people who buy racing sims want something that will suspend reality and have a great time fighting for a place or for a better lap time, drift score or everything else in between As for professionals not doing it for the money, was it a professional that told you that? If they did not get paid then it would be a hobby and hobbies, as we all know too well, are always more fun than a job. :)

AC is a great sim, but would it make it any better if Alonso/Hamilton/Plato/Turkington said it was? If so then YOU are the things wet dreams are made of for the PR crowd.

P.S. I don't like cars, never have. I love motorbikes and have many hours of racing on them, till the misses found out what I was doing - that brought a stop to my fun. So I get my racing pleasure from driving sims as bike sims are an impossibility. Cars by design have screens where as bikes are open world, you are the scenery. Still it is best to find out what is the best for yourself by using your own judgement and wants and needs.

7. Mogster

Mogster Alien

A 3 page thread about a celebrity endorsement of a different game... :confused:

I know it's getting a bit dull waiting for 1.0 but really...

Nahkamarakatti and Horus like this.
  8. TCLF

TCLF Alien

apparently a lot of people

9. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

from the comments in your first link:

Atze Kerkhof

8 months ago

Sorry for the late response. These physics are based on rFactor and are very comparable to what I've witnessed in the real car. The fact is that the gaps between the modern sims are getting smaller every day. The main difference in feeling is the hardware that you use.

I haven't tried rFactor 2 properly, but currently rFactor, iRacing, Assetto Corsa are all three a very good training for the real car. Probably I'll get into detail way more in the near future.

lol

Sakai likes this.
  10. Carbon14

Carbon14 Hardcore Simmer

So you are saying to not trust the guy who is paid to give an honest opinion into a field that he's fully experienced and rather take some random opinion of a big mouthed internet 'expert' as concrete truth?

I think I like my logic more.

11. TCLF

TCLF Alien

paid by who? By the creators of the software he is reviewing. Do you really think that it will still be a honest opinion then?

Rui Santos and Horus like this.
  12. plaid

plaid Alien

I don't care that much about, if Mr Rast states his true opinion or is paid for it, but I think its important, that fights about which game is better are minimized for a healthy community and I think its interesting, that this whole discussions about realism are relative, cause the limits of popular sims - and I mean RFactor2, AC etc. and not Forza or GT - compared to the complexity of real physics and additional influences of reality. If people understand the later, the former could be more easy to archived, cause opinions stay subjective and people don't get mean to try to convince others about their personal absolut truth.
    We often cant change the games we play, but how everyone feels in a community.

Im not offended by it, but its pretty annoying to see people insult others, with words like casual, simcade-fan, arcade-fan, brat, entitled etc., just about a disagreement of a game or someone got a negative opinion about AC, if it isn't articulated in a offensive way.
    That makes these discussions kinda interesting and relevant, at least for me.

Yeah. And whatever opinion you got or if you care or don't care it should be alloud to discuss it, as long noone lose his temper.:)

For sure you can discuss the differences between your real life experience, but I think that should be possible to let people have a different opinion regarding the degree of realism, so just cause its nt as close as sim A sim B can still be very realistic and so a possible option (if you in need of much content for example). Calling PCars arcade based on current standards wouldn't be right.
    Anyway: If someone just had driven everyday cars, I don't think he necessarly knows how a GT-car drives and someone who drove a GT-car not necessarly how a LMP-car behaves exactly. There are probably limits to transfer experiences to completly different cars, like Chris Harris was suprised about the differences the first time he drove a GT-car or the new hypercars (P1,918) that made a huge step forward, compared to "classic supercars".

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  13. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Too bad you didn't use your brain and viewed Atze interview.

14. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Has to be the most sensible comment here. Perhaps we can save such discussions for after Pcars release - or not. It's just a game after all.

15. Horus

Horus Alien

You don't read very well do you, but I prefer to have a big mouth than a tiny sheeple brain. :D

16. Carbon14

Carbon14 Hardcore Simmer

big mouth comes also with Sheeple brain

So if one day, lets say Lewis hamilton, comes here and say that AC and say good things about it, 5 stars stuffs, then he has no more honesty and credibility ?

17. Horus

Horus Alien

Just read your own statement 'PAID FOR AN HONEST OPINION'. Enough said my vile little fellow. I told you to trust yourself but obviously that is not good enough for you, you have to have the OPINION of a PAID PROMOTER!

* You are on my ignore list, no point in communicating with a prat.

18. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

You just said it yourself.
    He got paid to give his 'opinion'.
    When someone gets paid to showcase a game/review a game you can be sure that it isn't objective. No hate, but this is the truth. How can you trust an opinion if you know money is involved.

19. Carbon14

Carbon14 Hardcore Simmer

As I said, I still trust better someone who have real field experience paid or not rather than anyone who's been sitting on a chair (paid or not). He has more credibility than the guy who lawn my yard.

You're welcome. No point to argue with someone resolving to insults and fanboyism.

20. Sakai

Sakai Simracer

Trust has nothing to do with what he said. He never mentioned anything that might be factually incorrect, all he did was expressed his opinion, which is by default subjective. All you can do here is either agree or disagree.