1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Samsung Odyssey Plus

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andrew_WOT, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Serge M

Serge M Alien

That’s the plus, it’s down to $409 AUD on the Black Friday sale

Stains likes this.
  2. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

crazy deal

I got mine for 540€ a week before the black friday announcement :(

3. Stains

Stains Simracer

Was it really an upgrade from the Rift ? Is the distance clarity much better ?

4. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

Hasn't arrived yet. You lose the Rift godray vaseline smudge, and from that alone the clarity will be much better on the odyssey+.

5. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Very keen to hear from anyone whose running AC/ACC regularly and is changing from a rift to Odyssey+

6. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

7. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Haha, no worries. I’m very tempted but also fairly broke right now so still on that fence... lol

Phil64 likes this.
  8. Ho guys,
    I have oculus Rift, Samsung odyssey, Samsung odyssey plus, HTC vive Pro, and i can assure you: in sim racing ( and not only) the best headset Is the vive Pro, much clear Image , the odyssey have on paper the Same Resolution but in game Is worst vs the HTC Pro. Traducing this in Number i give HTC 100 odyssey plus 60' Rift and odyssey 50.
    the only headset vr that I consider sufficient to play with a good graphic level is absolutely the vive pro.
    I dont think many have been able to try all these headsets specifically for driving simulations. This cosiderations are true for AC, Rf2, RRRE, Iracing, Pcars 2.
    Trust me guys, i am a very very esigent sim Racer abaout graphics.

9. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

You must be misled by tricky HTC Vive Pro internal upsampling, what it reports as 100% is in fact 140%, check out this article
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=926851496
    This is the part
    Try to match effective resolution before comparing.
    Sebastian was mentioning a few times in his videos that Odyssey with the same screens has better lenses comparing to Vive Pro
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2mgZjuHRDW02mx_ok4wfPw

Granted nothing substitutes personal experience, just surprised as not once I saw anyone commenting to inferior to Vive Pro image quality of Odyssey.
    Curious which part of image quality reproduction in particular did you find superior with Vive Pro, can you please provide more details, some through the lens pictures would be invaluable.
    Thanks.

10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Sorry, was out for a few weeks. Nope, not touching ACC, afraid to smash something again in frustration.

11. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Haha, fair enough. How about in general with AC? How much is the improvement to Oculus if you have used both

Thanks

12. believe me, I spent a lot of money to import into EU Odyssey plus but after hours of testing with all possible variables (SS, Motion Smoothing, AA, etc.) I find the image of the Vive Pro much clearer above a certain distance . The track (i am a sim racer) is much clearer and more defined. I repeat, I was hoping a lot in the anti-SDE of Odyssey plus that actually works but at the expense of image definition. it's almost like having a patina on the eyes. This occurs in all driving games. I can assure you that beyond all technical data perhaps conflicting with my considerations, after 30 years of simulation and gaming I know perfectly well what is better and what is worse. And then, in your opinion, if odyssey plus was better, I would have spent more than 800 euros to import it only to get dust on a shelf?

13. today I did some experiments: even with SS at 500 with odyssey+ and SS at 100 with Vive Pro the image is much sharper with the Vive.
    I also tried with the original Odyssey with SS 500 and the image in distance is better than the Odyssey Plus (less blurry), but still inferior to the Vive Pro image of a good 30% to translate the impressions into numbers. (Games: AC - RRRE - Pcars2- Iracing)
    I preorderer Pimax 5k +in a few months I post my impressions (i hope)...

14. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

PPI of Pimax 5k+ is the same as Vive Pro/Odyssey, just bigger FOV.
    Suprised that you found original Odyssey less sharp than Vive Pro, not sure how it's possible unless there are some software settings. You are not testing both in reprojection mode by any chance (500 SS will get you there for sure), Vive algorithm could be more mature, WMR is still developing and makes picture slightly blurry.
    As far as picture softness of Odyssey+, lack of SDE grid can give that initial impression, but after some adaptation I have found it more natural and more detailed than original Odyssey, also disabling Advanced Supersample Filtering added some crispiness. You can also play with LOD in AC, but it adds some artefacting.

15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

And another great review from Tyriel

And in case you missed it in earlier post, his through the lens video

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I have the Odyssey+ on order and will report on it after I've had some time with it (probably not before mid-Dec.). The only other option I considered was the Pimax but, while the added FOV would be great, the cost was beyond what I want to spend right now (bigger fish to fry). :)

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  17. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Plus the wait unless you were backer can be quite long before shipping start, with controllers, base station and shipping from China it is getting quite rich for what it provides indeed.
    I have higher hopes for Oculus Rift S. Hopefully it could offer something better.

Dean Ogurek likes this.

18. With my pc the odyssey plus at 500 SS with AC give me 89-90 FPs stable; and yes, you can adapt to the picture softness of odyssey + in the short distance (cockpit, wheels,
    other cars near you looks very good on pair with Vive Pro with less SDE) but the track in distance is poorly visible and blurred.

19. The video above does not reflect the true visual quality of the Vive Pro at all.

20. Two Shot from lenses, Odyssey + SS500, Vive Pro SS 130
    View attachment 123420 View attachment 123420

Here two image from lenses, Save and open image with paint for see differences
    Vive Pro.png Odyssey.png

rycil likes this.