1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Steam Sale

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Nick G, Dec 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuDWiZe

BuDWiZe Gamer

i bought it just after the early access came out. never been happier. at the current rate ive done 32 hours on it according to steam. i havent played a game, little own a prerelease ANYWHERE near close to that. so $10 for kunos to get more exposure = fantastic. ive cover my $10 worth

FerrariMan96 and winet like this.
  2. winet

winet Gamer

The ultimate goal for all users should be the financial success of AC,not whining about paying a few dollars more based on timing. In case you haven't noticed we are living in a console world and this sim is a bargain at any price with lots more to come.

3. Toykilla!

Toykilla! Racer

Yep,this could be the best Simulationen in the Future,but we need a good Multiplayer part like iRacing for clean Online Races... But its allready the best money u can spend as a Simracer.

I make Promotion on my Facebook Account and on www.Facebook.com/MicRennSimulator1

Mit dem drecks S4 von Samsung verschickt...

4. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

I've played 52 hours, so not even a $1 an hour o_O

winet likes this.
  5. Oklep

Oklep Rookie

Kunos must start thinking if this is way to go. AC is not commercial game for masses. If game after release will be 4x in the year on sale, community of AC will be FU(KED (sorry, I just must). Let me explain.
    For example Red orchestra 2, really great hardcore FPS game. This game is on sale probably every single time, there was numerous free weekends, humble bundle sales and so on. Yes, DEVs are now rich probably, but game community is almost non existent. So was this worth it? No way.
    I played this game so much, but I just cant anymore because of stupid people everywhere on server, teamkilling, non existent team play, just nothing...
    So Kunos now understimates value of AC. If this game will be for few bucks on steam sales, there will be ENORMOUS amount of stupid wreckers on public servers, people will buy game on their another steam account where they can use cheat and so on. Community will be dead, and only possible serious racing will be in leagues. But adult without any spare free time just cant be in league...
    People must see value of the game. I dont think that somebody want hooker for serious relationship in real life.
    Thats why is iRacing MP so serious, it is just not like the "hooker".

So Kunos, please think about it.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
    Deleted member 12224 and Robilon like this.
  6. vicsalt

vicsalt Gamer

Discounted already - WOW thats a lesson, I know discounts happen but so soon, I guess thats a reward for all of us that went througth pain on the initial Launch. Well disappointed.
    Lesson learned, dont bother for a few weeks then get a discount on the discount price :(

Booster likes this.
  7. Fahim

Fahim Racer

we understand your pain. do you require a giro this week.

Anyway I think it is still worth the money if it was 50 euros. The pc market has been waiting for a game like this for donkey years.

8. Kevin Tanton

Kevin Tanton Racer

It's only a few quid less & I've bad my moneys worth already. Can't wait for multilayer :)

monsterZERO likes this.
  9. Jockulation

Jockulation Rookie

There is already one thread about the Steam sale full of whining. Why make another?

TheDyingScotsman and monsterZERO like this.
  10. 3316V

3316V Alien

2013 and people still doesn't understand how Steam works.

11. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

@Oklep:

I'm a big fan of RO2 too(have like 350hrs on it), but I always play on one server(TWB Last Stand), with friends, and this way I have great experiance online.

The same will go for AC I guess, I don't mind much for public racing, except here and then, but if you wan't to get the best out, it's either a leauge or friends. You think if 50.000 ppl for example bought AC in first week, there will be no wreckers amongst them? It will be same in AC online, like it was/is for GTR2.

bellybuttonpoke likes this.
  12. Sakai

Sakai Simracer

What pain? The game worked surprisingly well from the very beginning. I think i actually had my first crash just yesterday, after 120 hours of pure fun. So >

Adrian Herrera and monsterZERO like this.
  13. $in[laIR

$in[laIR Rookie

@vicsalt: Better you learn that lesson for your whole life. Whatever you buy, close the (virtual) shop door and never look back. It always will be cheaper or better quality or ...

Jack_NL likes this.
  14. Steve32

Steve32 Simracer

Nothing unusual its the steam christmas sale in today's daily deals there are a few games that are fairly new like batman arkham origins i paid full price for that just before came out couple months ago, bioshock infinate another fairly new release for £6.24 man that's cheap, AC is only like around £2.50 off the discount we had with the initial purchase which is nothing in my eyes if it was the bioshock 81% or batman 50% then maybe i could see it being a bit annoying but £2.50 you be lucky to get a pint in a pub for that these days :D

monsterZERO and Dinca Andrei like this.
  15. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

Oh My god, are you seriously crying over a price drop like two beers?
    I got 76 hours of fun for these extra weeks and couldn't be happier.

Maybe you should've waited until 2019 when you can buy it for one euro instead? Or should we start a support fund for you? If you're that poor that you can't accept how steam works you simply shouldn't even have bought it in the first place?

16. Oklep

Oklep Rookie

But if people buy game for 40€, they will care more because they will be feared (a bit) of ban and so on. While if game is on sale for 5 or 10€, they dont care anymore. If they are banned, they will buy another copy and wreckfest/cheating continues. Look for example Race 07, in MP are almost all people assh0les. Game is cheap, people do not care. There is also so much warez players, so it is not playable at all.
    Now look iRacing, it is just so serious...

17. Dinca Andrei

Dinca Andrei Hardcore Simmer

If it wasnt for the Christmas soon,i dont think we would of seen this price drop.Its Steam politics...and i see no problem with this....I know this SIM deserve much more and even the full price is to small for what KS is offering us....but people behave crazy strange even for 0,99c...
    Look how people behave when is a price drop in Supermarkets....its a slaughter....again sometime even for 0,99c.

18. Fahim

Fahim Racer

two beers might be a lot to him. why diss him? have you guys got no shame.
    still that offers up for a giro op :D

19. SimMan

SimMan Racer

Not much difference in price + the early buyers have had the use of it since then

20. Defendere

Defendere Gamer

yes, life is hard ;) -25% is no reason to cry :p